Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals - Playoff Hockey - Next Season Guys! Congrats!

Springfield

Nah... we're still 2 seasons away from a Cup. No reason to feel down about this.

(it's quite funny how quickly I bounce back from a Caps loss compared to a Redskins loss)

Your totally right though..It looks like the Caps are our only chance for a championship for the next 5 years.

HAHA same here bro..I feel horrible right now about the Caps but I find a new low when it comes to going through any skins loss.

Well like it or not the good thing about a Caps loss is that I've been over this since the 2nd period. Unlike an OT loss in a game 7, oh man you could be pissed off for weeks about that ****. But they clearly didn't show up today, fell behind early and I was mad for about a few minutes , it's all old news now and I'm so optimistic and excited about the future!

The real shame is I can't get into regular season hockey. That's when NCAA basketball comes around and college basketball takes priority. I think this season has been a turning point in that I've begun to follow hockey more and basketball less. During the lockout and the years before I loved the NBA Playoffs. Now, with the officiating troubles in the NBA, the lack of parity, I have been disgusted and have been turning to hockey to get my sports fix. Next year I think I'll follow hockey a lot more during the regular season, with college basketball.

Unless the Wiz get Griffin. How sweet would that be? Man I'm so optimistic LOL

Puck clearing defense man, puck carrying defense man. That is what this team needs. It had one in Mike Green but I can't believe how big of a dog this guy is. I'm happy that Alzner will be replacing Morrison but we need more.

It's not going to be easy fixing the center position this off season. The cheapest option might be Saku Koivu.

Next year I think I'll follow hockey a lot more during the regular season...

I urge everybody in this thread to do the same.

I'm thinking I'll start a Caps thread in here before the season starts. I am amazed by how much attention the Caps get. I think they should get more involved the regular season. The Caps are, in my opinion, second to the Redskins.

Well like it or not the good thing about a Caps loss is that I've been over this since the 2nd period. Unlike an OT loss in a game 7, oh man you could be pissed off for weeks about that ****. But they clearly didn't show up today, fell behind early and I was mad for about a few minutes , it's all old news now and I'm so optimistic and excited about the future!

The real shame is I can't get into regular season hockey. That's when NCAA basketball comes around and college basketball takes priority. I think this season has been a turning point in that I've begun to follow hockey more and basketball less. During the lockout and the years before I loved the NBA Playoffs. Now, with the officiating troubles in the NBA, the lack of parity, I have been disgusted and have been turning to hockey to get my sports fix. Next year I think I'll follow hockey a lot more during the regular season, with college basketball.

Unless the Wiz get Griffin. How sweet would that be? Man I'm so optimistic LOL

No Doubt the NHL is way better than the NBA.

The Wizards getting Griffin??..idk man we'll see when those ping pong balls fall..would be interesting if we were able to get him though.

Fedorov is still playing well, so unless he just doesn't like playing any more, I don't think he retires. I wouldn't want Kozlov to leave if I were a Caps fan (of course, the price always needs to be considered).

I think that Semin showed up a lot more than other people thought in this series. I think Semin needs to stay (I don't think his contract is over anyhow). Semin is a staple on the caps.

Semin's good now, and he's only 24. That sounds like a good investment to me.

He's not the defensive player that we need. Damn though, he's a great offensive player. I'll be damned if the Caps let him go.

You need some defensemen. Semin is good enough on offense to make up for whatever he lacks on defense.

I wouldn't mind keeping Theo as a vet backup. You never know Varly could be a fluke and hes still an experienced netminder. Maybe trade Neivurth(sp?)for a quality defender.

Fed is still a good vet for leadership purposes. But he needs a reduced role.

Lost in Game 7 first round last year.

Lost in Game 7 second round this year.

Lose in Game 7 ECF in 2010.

Lose in Game 7 Finals in 2011.

Win Game 7 Finals in 2012.

There you go Caps fans. Your three year plan. :)

Thanks for bringing it into perspective you dirty ass Cowboys fan. :silly:

If the Caps could land a good passing C, bump Fed to some smaller lines, and find some more aggressive/fast defenders they would be set.

Backstrom is a great passing C. He's still young though. He's got a great future ahead of him. He'll be a #1 passing C in a year or two.

Archived