Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is going to throw for over 4000 yards....

MrMarcus1914

And your proof of this is???????????

To date, other than the DCExaminer article and the claims of PFT/NFLN/ESPN (all via anonymous sources) there is no evidence we ever contacted the Broncos, let alone that we offered 2 #1s and a #3 plus Campbell. ZERO. There is more factual evidence that we were not interested in Cutler than there is that we were interested.

were you in a coma yesterday?

And your proof of this is???????????

To date, other than the DCExaminer article and the claims of PFT/NFLN/ESPN (all via anonymous sources) there is no evidence we ever contacted the Broncos, let alone that we offered 2 #1s and a #3 plus Campbell. ZERO. There is more factual evidence that we were not interested in Cutler than there is that we were interested.

I said there is no proof other than internet rumors.

Proof

If I believed Campbell could look at more than 1 receiver on any given play, I'd agree. But he can't.

You're wrong. I believe you, along with many others, are still stuck on the the Jason Campbell who came in at week 11 during the '06 season.

Want a good example of Campbell giving looks to multiple receivers? Do yourself a favor and watch last seasons game @ Dallas. There were several checkdowns throughout the entire game....especially on that TD pass to Randle El in the red zone~

I suggest you watch this entire vid....especially at the 4:15 mark

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b47d2e

And the proof that we were willing to part woth 2 #1s, a #3 and Campbell? Your proof says we contacted the Broncos. Nothing more.

You were asking for proof that we contacted the Broncos. There it is. Don't try to skip over that part of your rant.

I'm not agreeing that we did or did not offer them... whatever. I'm just giving you something you were asking for.

He has shown NOTHING to make me think that this would happen.

you know what you got to do ...

try watching the skins, like the actual games. You will then see SOMETHING.

In the interim, until you can get some burned DVD's or maybe catch some of JC's highlights on nfl.com, let me get you up and running...a little push on the swing if you will.

- jason has showed a pretty uncanny ability to scramble and pick up yards this year. At least on 5-6 different occaisions he picked up first downs by tucking the ball and running with it...when you can, see the end of the San Fran game

- jason also proved he can take a hit ...see the first Dallas game. Just about when he was getting crushed he made some real nice completions.

- jason also proved he can bring a team back this year...best example is the Saints game. that was a good one, again, check it out.

- jason for a long stretch proved to be real good at protecting the ball. he started off the season by not throwing any picks in like the first 4-5 games. That was cool...

- jason handled this whole thing with getting traded pretty admirably. go to the breaking news section to see stuff on that.

- jason showed, with a little protection and a good running game he can win ball games. in 2008, just last year, he went 6-2 to start the season.

- jason had to pass against 7 of the top 12 defenses last year...and still had a okay season in his first year in a new offense. I thought that was, at worst..."something."

not sure where you are getting that "nothing" business from, but watch a few games and I think you will rethink your statment.

You were asking for proof that we contacted the Broncos. There it is. Don't try to skip over that part of your rant.
Yup, I was wrong. But that came out when? Today at 2:49PM? But what about yesterday? Only rumors being reported. There were more statements from Cerrato stating we were not interested.

No, I am saying that we were no where near as interested as Mort, Clayton, JLC......made it out.

I still believe in the easter bunny

I'm just pulling your wig, I just hope everything will get fixed

Yup, I was wrong. But that came out when?

Doesn't matter when. You said "to date... there is no evidence we ever contacted the Broncos..." Well, there's the 'to-date' proof you've been looking for.

Whatever floats your boat, though. Hey, sorry, gotta go, working on a new thread titled, "Campbell is going to eat fast food at least once during training camp."

I know, going out on a limb, but it's Friday and I'm feelin' it.

25 TD's and maybe 10 Int's. All those that hate Jason Campbell will cry when he tells us to go to hell, and sign with another team at the end of 2009 season. The people that hate JC kill me. Put yourself in his position. He had to deal with a new coach, a new system, recievers that are not taylor made for the west coast system, and still had his best year as a pro. What happens when he becomes comfortable.......idiots? He handles himself with class and dignity. And all he gets is an over zealous owner that thinks he can sprinkle water on the team and magically relive the glory days of the 1980's. Plus an incompotent front office, manned by Vinny who seems to have the spine of a slug, and the same amount of intelligence on building a team. This whole thing is sickening. I have a novel idea what about hiring a real front office, so the descions like this can go through the proper channels, and illustrate some discretion.

***please post threads in the correct forum, Redskins Breaking News, is only for actual news articles about the Redskins***

No, JC will never throw for 4000 yards in his career. Period.

In order to throw for 4000 yards, all he has to do is average 48 yards per game more than he did last year. Think about that for a minute. He played 16 games last year with 2 receiving threats (Moss and Cooley). With Thomas, Kelly, and Davis coming into their 2nd year and a new *fingers crossed* RT he could easily throw for 4000 yards.

Your dream scenerio further illustrates why campbell WON'T throw for 4,000 yds. Here's the deal, the weapons should translate into scores. With the defense that the 'Skins have the gameplan will be to go on top by at least 10 at the half and salt down the game with a heavy dose of CP in the second half.

High amounts of passing yards is less important than fat out scoring. If we could consistently get the ball in between the 20's with CP I could care less if Campbell could only get 30 yards passing a drive. Fantasy Football has got so many fans jacked about high passing yards that it's not funny.

Besides Brees and P. Manning, the consistent 4K plus passers are doing so on teams that are playing from behind all the time. I don't want that!

campbell couldnt put up those numbers in madden 09.

lol, i dont even think campbell supporters honestly think he can put up those numbers.

He put up 3245last year, when he played 7 of the top 12 defenses in the league. With an easier schedule and improvements from last years rookies, there is no reason he can't throw for 800 more yards.

Your dream scenerio further illustrates why campbell WON'T throw for 4,000 yds. Here's the deal, the weapons should translate into scores. With the defense that the 'Skins have the gameplan will be to go on top by at least 10 at the half and salt down the game with a heavy dose of CP in the second half.

High amounts of passing yards is less important than fat out scoring. If we could consistently get the ball in between the 20's with CP I could care less if Campbell could only get 30 yards passing a drive. Fantasy Football has got so many fans jacked about high passing yards that it's not funny.

Besides Brees and P. Manning, the consistent 4K plus passers are doing so on teams that are playing from behind all the time. I don't want that!

Well, I think our QB should average 250yds/game.

In order to throw for 4000 yards, all he has to do is average 48 yards per game more than he did last year. Think about that for a minute. He played 16 games last year with 2 receiving threats (Moss and Cooley). With Thomas, Kelly, and Davis coming into their 2nd year and a new *fingers crossed* RT he could easily throw for 4000 yards.

Basically it amounts to someone getting open deep once a game and Campbell hitting him. one more big passing play a game and he's got that.

that'll open the run up more.

the issue is, with our oline playing so poorly, they couldn't protect long enough for a 5 or 7 step drop.

Very few QBs in the league could throw for 4000 yards with the WRs we have.

which is why its beyond me that people think Cutler would come in here and instantly light it up. He wouldn't. We are lacking talent at WR (at least based on last year) and our oline isn't nearly as good as denvers

Archived