Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bottle water in your car could cause breast cancer: Not according to Snopes

jbooma

Why do you think that is?

Do they regulate plastic bottles?

Your point was to not trust the FDA because they approved cigarrettes, when they clearly do not.

And yes - since the plastic bottles in question are used to store products meant for human consumption, they are regulated by the FDA. Doesn't mean they don't cherry pick stats from time to time (i.e. BPA approval), but they do regulate plastic bottles.

Your point was to not trust the FDA because they approved cigarrettes, when they clearly do not.

And yes - since the plastic bottles in question are used to store products meant for human consumption, they are regulated by the FDA. Doesn't mean they don't cherry pick stats from time to time (i.e. BPA approval), but they do regulate plastic bottles.

I asked because of the control that Tobacco companies have in D.C. Like you said, they are NOW oversee cigarettes. So we will see what happens. With all the available information about carcinogens in cigarettes, we will see how much say the FDA actually has.

My question about the bottles was serious, I wasn't sure. But my point also is that the FDA passes things because a product doesn't contain a chemical on their "list" or it has small amounts that fall beneathe the threshold of what is illegal. They don't conduct enough research. Many times we find these things out when people have already been harmed.

I asked because of the control that Tobacco companies have in D.C. Like you said, they are NOW oversee cigarettes. So we will see what happens. With all the available information about carcinogens in cigarettes, we will see how much say the FDA actually has.

My question about the bottles was serious, I wasn't sure. But my point also is that the FDA passes things because a product doesn't contain a chemical on their "list" or it has small amounts that fall beneathe the threshold of what is illegal. They don't conduct enough research. Many times we find these things out when people have already been harmed.

True, but if the FDA doesn't regulate cigarettes, you can't use it as an example of why the FDA sucks. :) (check the edit - the bill died in subcommittee, it never actually passed).

True, but if the FDA doesn't regulate cigarettes, you can't use it as an example of why the FDA sucks. :) (check the edit - the bill died in subcommittee, it never actually passed).

OK, then my response should have been "The FDA only regulates what politicians will allow them too":silly:

But yeah, they are piss poor:D

Someone told me this and I knew it was BS right off.

They say the heat from the car and the toxins in the plastic.

Um - How do you think bottle water GETS to the store you buy it?

Answer - A truck.

Where it sits for days

In heat

Someone told me this and I knew it was BS right off.

They say the heat from the car and the toxins in the plastic.

Um - How do you think bottle water GETS to the store you buy it?

Answer - A truck.

Where it sits for days

In heat

Great, we are all ****ed!

simple solution...just make water bottles out of wood. :silly:

Naaaa...

I figured a way around it. It's really cool. In my kitchen there is this thing. When I life the handle, water pours out of it. No plastic needed!

I'm not quite sure what lifeing the handle is? And what item is in your kitchen that you can perform such an act? You must have one of those new "green friendly" kitchens.:silly:

Archived