Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metallica play "Battery" with Dave Lombardo on drums

Commander PK

Check this **** out. The double-bass part of the end...Lars has NEVER been able to pull that off the way Dave plays it in this video. INSANE. Apparently, he stood in for Lars at the Download Festival, the location is mentioned by James during the performance.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hry7aya4SBw&NR=1

Not surprising. I've heard rumors that Lars couldn't even track those double bass parts right to begin with.

That is awesome but James is bad on the vocals now.

The cell phone vid doesn't do him justice. He does sound better than that, but yes he has lost it a bit. After years of screaming into the mic, it was bound to happen. Some of example of vocalists who can still sing like it's 1987 are Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and David Coverdale. Coverdale does crack a bit on the uber high notes, but he can still belt them out.

The cell phone vid doesn't do him justice. He does sound better than that, but yes he has lost it a bit. After years of screaming into the mic, it was bound to happen. Some of example of vocalists who can still sing like it's 1987 are Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and David Coverdale. Coverdale does crack a bit on the uber high notes, but he can still belt them out.

I agree with you there...Halford, Dickinson, and Coverdale can still get it done. Who I wouldn't put in that catergory is Vince Neil...he was never much of a singer but I saw Motley Crue last Saturday and his vocals??...OUCH!!

:doh:

Agreed with above poster that Lombardo is one of, if not the best, metal drummer. on a side note, painkiller, what do you think of "The Gathering" from Testemant, with Lombardo on drums. I personally think it was one of their best albums as far as speed and raw power is considered. Not to mention James Murphy and Steve DiGiorgio also jamming on that album.

I agree with you there...Halford, Dickinson, and Coverdale can still get it done. Who I wouldn't put in that catergory is Vince Neil...he was never much of a singer but I saw Motley Crue last Saturday and his vocals??...OUCH!!

:doh:

I may have a PIT seat to Crue Fest this year coming to me. FTW!

lol

Agreed with above poster that Lombardo is one of, if not the best, metal drummer. on a side note, painkiller, what do you think of "The Gathering" from Testemant, with Lombardo on drums. I personally think it was one of their best albums as far as speed and raw power is considered. Not to mention James Murphy and Steve DiGiorgio also jamming on that album.

The best Testament album, imo. And Lombardo dominated in that effort, not to mention the killer drum sound and production.

Lombardo is leagues ahead of Lars and always has been. There is no discussion.

Slayer > Metallica

Deal with it.

funny you should say this. Except I would say old Metallica vs Slayer is alot closer. ;)

I had a discussion with a friend I showed this and said how Metallica had mellowed and that if they added Lombardo he would probably re-invigorate their music. The person I was debating with said "come on they are what in their 40's pf course they can't keep up their old style"

I laughed and said "maybe you should tell the members of Slayer that...I believe they are the same age"

got no response...lol.

Decade of Aggression is still one of my all time favorite albums...along with Live After Death

Archived