Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trader Joes

MissU28

What a classy place. Tonight my friend and I went and as we were checking out and conversing with the cashier, we mentioned to him that we were teachers. Through that conversation, he learned that my friend had gotten a pink slip in the mail today. As soon as he heard that, he was genuinely concerned and left his post, only to bring her back a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates.

Trader Joe's knows how it's done. If you want to keep customers, you do things like that. Stores that place extra emphasis on customer service are the ones that succeed. They know that my friend will now keep coming back and that she will tell that story to all her friends, who will, in turn, go shop there.

:applause:Thank you, Trader Joe's, for your good work.

(and for your chocolate chip meringues- soooo good, low in fat;))

You really think he made that grand gesture for the good of the store!?

I would really hope that there was some truth to that but in reality he was making a play for your friend and a very good one at that. :cool2:

I could be wrong but I dont think so.

I would really hope that there was some truth to that but in reality he was making a play for your friend and a very good one at that. :cool2:

I would heavily lean toward that belief as well.....unless there's more facts we don't know about.

I didn't take it as a "play" for my friend.

When I worked at Clyde's, they have the same philosophy. If something is wrong, give the customer something free. If the customer is celebrating, give the person something free. If the customer was just awesome towards you, give him something free. We went through corporate training where they put this into our heads. Go to Clydes and see for yourself.

I think the people that work there have to go through some sort of customer relations training- that's why the cashiers strike up conversations with you and smile a lot. They hire friendly people, and they teach them how to act towards customers.

Other stores should follow their lead.

When I worked at Clyde's, they have the same philosophy. If something is wrong, give the customer something free. If the customer is celebrating, give the person something free. If the customer was just awesome towards you, give him something free. We went through corporate training where they put this into our heads. Go to Clydes and see for yourself.

I think the people that work there have to go through some sort of customer relations training- that's why the cashiers strike up conversations with you and smile a lot. They hire friendly people, and they teach them how to act towards customers.

I was a cashier too and I was always friendly....but what he did is something I would only do if I was trying to get a customer's number.

Girls are so blind to guys hitting on them....this is painfully obvious what he was doing :ols:

Was he the least bit attractive or did he have a peg leg?

Its the exact opposite where I work. You ***** and cry and moan enough and you'll get your discount or whatever the hell you want. :doh:

Some guy bought a TV online, which we didnt have in stock. Usually we call up the customer and notify them we dont have it and refund the money. Well this guy said screw that I want a TV. So he got a TV that is $500 more for the same price as the one he bought online. And he STILL ****ed on his way out.

I hate it when a Manager disregards everything I've told a customer and gives in to their demands. Makes me feel like a complete ****ing dumbass. :mad:

Through that conversation, he learned that my friend had gotten a pink slip in the mail today. As soon as he heard that, he was genuinely concerned and left his post, only to bring her back a bouquet of flowers and some chocolates.
After he handed her the flowers and chocolates did he pull it out?

Well, there's only one way to find out for sure.

Send one of our MALE ESers up to Trader Joe's and have him tell them a sob story

After he handed her the flowers and chocolates did he pull it out?

yup, and pulled her up on top of the checkout station.

Seriously, some of you are so cynical. He wasn't making a pass at her.

I'm a little biased as my brother-in-law works for them, but just about everything I've heard/experienced has been positive.

If you ask an associate if a product is good (especially a snack treat), he/she will probably crack it open and sample it with you!

It's not always going to blatantly obvious that a guy is making a pass.

If he's got good game, you can't tell.

:rolleyes:

Ok...so he was so entranced with my friend, who was wearing sweats, glasses, no makeup, and hair in a ponytail, that he decided to leave the guy behind her in line hanging while he went to bring her flowers?

Then, if he was so entranced, don't you think he would have written his number or asked her for hers?

Seriously, I'm sticking with the customer service thing. 99% of the time girls can tell when a guy is hitting on them but they choose not to acknowledge it if they don't like them. Just because a girl doesn't respond, doesn't mean she doesn't know. She just doesn't want you.

Nice of the guy to show some concern, The people at trader joes have always gone out of there way to be helpfull to me and I seriously doubt any of the young girls there would be hitting on a chunker like me, I have been given lots of free samples just for asking about a product.

I'm in no way implying that Trader Joe's is not excellent at customer service. From all that I have heard they are very good at it but this does not sound like it was a case of customer service. Maybe I am cynical, maybe as an outsider I can actually see what appears to be taking place.

Like I said before, I hope that I am wrong and it was all done as customer service..... I just highly doubt it.

Sorry if I'm bursting some kind of imaginary image, I just call it like I see it!

Archived