Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Redskins Make Contract Offer to Daniels

J.Campbell17

Don't you think Daniels would be good for at least one more season, regardless of whether we bring someone else in or not? With Daniels there, we could go with Wilson as rotation, if we couldn't find anybody else this year.......

...*mumbles something about "cheap and available"*.....

So you're (and by you I mean the Redskins) are going to hedge your bets and hope a 36 year old coming off a serious, year ending injury can perform to even close to the level he was in 2007? Remember, this is the same Daniels that's had 5.5 sacks in the last 2 seasons he's played.

Mind you, the FA class for Defensive Ends right now blows after almost all the serviceable players have been signed.. All that's left is:

33 year old Vonnie Holliday

29 year old Kalimba Edwards

33 year old Ebenezer Ekuban (who had 5 sacks last year for a horrid Denver defense)

34 year old Bert Berry

and a few other has beens, and never will be players.

I don't have a problem with bringing back Daniels at 36 because unlike Jason Taylor who is 35 Daniels still seems to have the fire in his belly to compete at this level and be a leader in the locker room. Taylor didn't.

Problem is that Taylor has the body and the skills of a player 5 years younger than he is, due to conditioning and lack of injuries in his career.

Daniels is an old 35, a player coming off season ending injury with his skill set declining the last 2 years he played.

Problem is that Taylor has the body and the skills of a player 5 years younger than he is, due to conditioning and lack of injuries in his career.

Daniels is an old 35, a player coming off season ending injury with his skill set declining the last 2 years he played.

Your so right, Oldskool. The money to sign Daniels should be spent elsewhere, not on him. I don't care how much of a team leader he is. If that's what they want him here for, then they should just sign him as our Defensive Assistant to the Assitant DL Coach. It wouldn't take away from our cap. He can't play like he used to.

what's up with "i'm taking it slow, and seeing what happens".......he is still rehabbing and working out at the Skins facility and he isn't under contract by the team.......that's a pretty lousy thing to say to an organization that is showing that they are loyal (sometimes too loyal) too an aging vet coming off of a MAJOR injury such as himself.......its pretty comical whan a 36 year old player with ZERO bargaining leverage with the skins front office IS in fact bargaining and they are putting up with it.......:wtf:

You're a little naive to think that the Redskins sign players out of "loyalty."

What possible negotiating criteria is there, for a guy that old and injury prone ?

He should just take whatever they offer him.

He's not really injury prone.

So you're (and by you I mean the Redskins) are going to hedge your bets and hope a 36 year old coming off a serious, year ending injury can perform to even close to the level he was in 2007? Remember, this is the same Daniels that's had 5.5 sacks in the last 2 seasons he's played.

Mind you, the FA class for Defensive Ends right now blows after almost all the serviceable players have been signed.. All that's left is:

33 year old Ebenezer Ekuban (who had 5 sacks last year for a horrid Denver defense)

34 year old Bert Berry

At this point, with Evans gone, yes. Better than Vinny overpaying another FA.

Because we spent so much money on AH, we can't afford a 1/2 way decent RT in Ray Willis and other possible moves that could have been made.

Aside from the 8 million dollars in cap space we had, or the fact that we gave him an offer but he decided to stay in Seattle.

Daniels would be a good signing as long as it is cheap. Prior to his injury, he had shown no signs of slowing down, and his strength and conditioning was the big buzz going into last years camp. He's a good physical guy to have for run D, and is a great character guy. Pending his health, I hope a deal can be made.

];6202351']This would allow us to put orakpo at LB and let him learn the de position naturally.

Course his stock is rising fast.

Orakpo isn't getting past Cleveland at #5. If we go the DE route, we are looking at having Tyson Jackson or Michael Johnson on the board when we pick.

:saber:

Aside from the 8 million dollars in cap space we had, or the fact that we gave him an offer but he decided to stay in Seattle.

We put most if not all of our eggs in one basket by signing AH. We could have signed Hall, Canty, Brown who can play G, Willis, Boley and been set with some younger decent talent.

We put most if not all of our eggs in one basket by signing AH. We could have signed Hall, Canty, Brown who can play G, Willis, Boley and been set with some younger decent talent.

If it aint broke, then do not fix it.

The DT position was broken and it has been fixed for at least 7 years...PERIOD.

Now the DE, LB, and O-line are up next even though the LB and DE positions are not that bad IMO. We will improve that in the draft.

I think Marcus should comeback at least 1 more year. He will be cheaper and he is a locker room guy who brings out the best in his people.

We should bring back Marcus Washington at vet minimum and bring back Phillip for vet minimum then by then we should have signed either Brown or Barnes...

So you're (and by you I mean the Redskins) are going to hedge your bets and hope a 36 year old coming off a serious, year ending injury can perform to even close to the level he was in 2007?

That's definitely a possibiliy.

Remember, this is the same Daniels that's had 5.5 sacks in the last 2 seasons he's played.

hell yeah

high apple pie in the skyyyy hopes

He is a tweener at OLB and DE, which addresses to positions in one...

Uh, no.

You don't use 250lb tweeners in a 4-3 scheme, unless they are a situational pass rusher. We need 2 starters.

This guy is a 3-4 OLB, and has no future in a 4-3 scheme, unless he goes to a team as a WSLB.

So you're (and by you I mean the Redskins) are going to hedge your bets and hope a 36 year old coming off a serious, year ending injury can perform to even close to the level he was in 2007?

Its a possiblity. Its not a crazy idea as long as he comes thru. He seems to be a great shape.

Remember, this is the same Daniels that's had 5.5 sacks in the last 2 seasons he's played.

Daniel's was hurt, right? Please dont pick & choose your facts. I apologize if I'm wrongec

34 year old Bert Berry

Hellzz Yeah! High Apple Pie in the skyyy hopes

Daniel's was hurt, right? Please dont pick & choose your facts. I apologize if I'm wrongec

I don't recall Daniels being injured for 2 years straight without missing a game during that time span but I could be wrong.

Edit: Here is his injury report

INJURIES

Date Days Out Injury

Jul 22, 2008 0 Torn left ACL

Jul 20, 2008 0 Torn left knee ligament

Dec 14, 2007 Knee

Dec 06, 2007 0 Sprained knee

Oct 12, 2007 Shoulder

Sep 21, 2007 Foot

Sep 14, 2007 Foot

Sep 09, 2007 0 Sprained foot

Dec 06, 2006 Ankle