Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Redskins Make Contract Offer to Daniels

J.Campbell17

I put Aaron Maybin over Tyson Jackson, Tyson did nothing at LSU this year...

maybin taken at 13 would be a bust. why would we want tyson jackson? guy is a 3-4 defensive end.

Why would we want michael johnson? athletically gifted as any player out there, but has consistently been inconsistent in the one place where it counts, the field.

.its pretty comical whan a 36 year old player with ZERO bargaining leverage with the skins front office IS in fact bargaining and they are putting up with it.......:wtf:

It's called business, and as a player you'd do similarly. There are always some formalities and posturing. You try to get a little more with the "other teams calling" scenario...chances are it won't be much above the vet min. or have some possible incentives based on games played/started etc.

Why would we want michael johnson? athletically gifted as any player out there, but has consistently been inconsistent in the one place where it counts, the field.

I'd take a flyer on a guy that had 15.5 TFL and 7 sacks last year, especially if we trade back and get our OT issue solved before the draft.

This was a move made out of necessity more than anything else. I like PD, but that does not mean that we should ignore the DE position in the draft. We still have plenty of room for improvement on both lines still. Getting Albert was great, but he is surrounded by subpar/declining talent along side him, which was not the case in Tennessee.

maybin taken at 13 would be a bust. why would we want tyson jackson? guy is a 3-4 defensive end.

Hopefully we will want Robert Ayers...

I'm against he signing of Daniels ... time to move on.

I agree. The only reason we are offering him a contract is because Blanche has a love affair with him as a player. Blanche needs to realize he's career is over with. He'll never be what he was 3 years ago.

This is going to be a very underrated move. I believe we won't fully comprehend that until we see Vinny and the bunch not draft a single DE in this coming draft. I have a really good feeling about this.

We do that and we'll be trading a 2nd rounder for Jason Taylor again. Signing Daniels is fine... just understand that him getting hurt again is a certainty.

This is a good fall back, I am glad that we will bring back a good DE who is a locker room leader, but really we shouldn't shy away from drafting a DE with our 3rd or 5th rounder. We need a SLB with the first, unless one of the big 4 is there.

One of them will be there, it's just a question of will we draft one with #13. Too many holes to fill. A trade down is more likely, I think.

It really baffles me that people on here would rather have Michael Johnson than Everette Brown.

Johnson

6' 7''

4.75 40

Brown

6' 2''

4.73 40

Jonhson is 5 inches taller and only 10 lbs heavier, what makes anyone think he'll be able to stop the run more effectively than Brown.

Brown also has a very strong and powerful lower body and can drive OT's back into the pocket and has a lot of room to add upper body mass and strenght. If we go the DE route, and Orakpo is not there, I would be very upset if we took anyone other than E. Brown.

Archived