Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DN : Dawk to Eagle Fans - Thank You!

Number5

Really?? I never thought of him as a cheap shot artist. He would lay the wood to you, but always seemed pretty clean to me. You want a cheap shot artist, think Andre Waters. Now there was a cheap shot artist.

Dawkins had his share of leading with the helmet. Plenty of helmet to helmet as well. He was always about the spearing aspect of tackling.

Dawkins absolutely destroyed Ike Hilliard on a clearly dirty hit. He became the master of the "almost late" hit, where the play was clearly over, but Dawk would get that last helmet to helmet in. Was it a penalty? Technically not. Was it dirty? You be the judge. But he had plenty of them, and they pretty much defined his career.

Dawkins had his share of leading with the helmet. Plenty of helmet to helmet as well. He was always about the spearing aspect of tackling.

Dawkins absolutely destroyed Ike Hilliard on a clearly dirty hit. He became the master of the "almost late" hit, where the play was clearly over, but Dawk would get that last helmet to helmet in. Was it a penalty? Technically not. Was it dirty? You be the judge. But he had plenty of them, and they pretty much defined his career.

To this day, that was the scariest hit I have seen him make. I thought he ripped Ike in half. It was a good game, but he didn't need to do that...almost ended his life. Ike hasn't really been the same since.

Really?? I never thought of him as a cheap shot artist. He would lay the wood to you, but always seemed pretty clean to me. You want a cheap shot artist, think Andre Waters. Now there was a cheap shot artist.

As an Eagles fan....I AGREE 199%.....does anyone remember when he tried to take Jim Everrett's knee out during the playoff game? Waters was rumored to be so irrate at the teams performance that he tried to literally rip Everett's leg off! Never saw anything like that in my life other than in a MMA match.

That describes a lot of safeties in the NFL. Again I'll say Waters was a dirty player, Dawkins pushed the edge of the rules. To me thats 2 different types of guys.

this is AROUND THE NFL. i know you can't be that dumb...

Someone needs to read the sticky for ATN. You know, the one that say "To fans of opposing teams". Yeah... the one that YOU, being an opposing team fan, should have decided to click on. The one that, if you had read, you wouldn't be so quick to insinuate something negative about someone else's intellect.

AROUND THE NFL on a REDSKINS message board. Where Redskins FANS on a REDSKINS MESSAGE BOARD can talk about other teams. We allow other fans in here, but that doesn't mean we want to hear their propaganda, or like it.

It is understandable why bubba said what he said. It is also understandable why Number 5 decided to put this article up, so it's not that big of a deal either way.

and they pretty much defined his career.

According to whom?

Bitter Giants, Skins, and Cowboys fans, maybe. But the league at large? The vast majority of NFL fans? NFL media? Other players?

Defined his career? Really? That's his legacy? That's how he'll be remembered? Pretty ridiculous statement, isn't it?

According to whom?

Bitter Giants, Skins, and Cowboys fans, maybe. But the league at large? The vast majority of NFL fans? NFL media? Other players?

Defined his career? Really? That's his legacy? That's how he'll be remembered? Pretty ridiculous statement, isn't it?

According to the tape. Dawkins was the king of flying across the field with a helmet to helmet.

Terrell Suggs does it too. He tries to get that extra hit in even when the play is over. People look at Suggs and Dawkins as intense players. They play for pain.

According to the tape. Dawkins was the king of flying across the field with a helmet to helmet.

Terrell Suggs does it too. He tries to get that extra hit in even when the play is over. People look at Suggs and Dawkins as intense players. They play for pain.

I'm not disputing whether or not that's the case. That's a totally different conversation.

You said he would be remembered as a dirty player, that it would be his legacy. Do you care to retract that statement? I'm sure if you asked any fan of any team in the NFL other than the Skins, Cowboys, and Giants, or if you asked any national media member, they'd state a very different legacy for Dawkins.

Don't fall victim to the trap of thinking that your personal memory of him will be the collective memory of him.

I'm not disputing whether or not that's the case. That's a totally different conversation.

You said he would be remembered as a dirty player, that it would be his legacy. Do you care to retract that statement? I'm sure if you asked any fan of any team in the NFL other than the Skins, Cowboys, and Giants, or if you asked any national media member, they'd state a very different legacy for Dawkins.

Don't fall victim to the trap of thinking that your personal memory of him will be the collective memory of him.

People also remember Dockery as being some false start king in 2006, which he was not.

They remember him as being a run blocker, but ask if he will have trouble learning zone blocking of the WCO. Not knowing that zone blocking is one of his strengths.

People remember a lot of stuff. People who watch a lot of football will remember how he always tried to tackle with the big hit, helmet first.

Andre Watters or Rodney Harrison as dirty, yes. Jon Lynch as well, known as a very dirty hitter. However, what is his current reputation? Pretty favorable overall.

Guys who bring it on the field, but leave it on the field, tend to not be remembered, or remembered in a positive light overall. Even Ray Lewis seems to have a decent reputation these days.

Bill Romanowski, Michael Vick, Leonard Little, Chad Ocho Cinco, TO, they will never really get respect in the long run. Dawkins is not one of these guys.

I'd rather hear about a senseful thread about the Dawkins then I would a senseless thread about the Redskins, for which we are flooded with. Again, see Quincy Carter thread below, who cares?

And though it is a small quote, this to them would be like Darrell Green leaving us when he had about 2-3 seasons of playing time left. As the ATN section is for news of other teams and players, and since it's a pretty high-profile player involved, I don't think there is a problem with it. If you have a problem with reading it, then don't read it. I for one like to know who may be the decent players off the field in the league and who aren't.

Oh, and cheap shot artist? Our own Dirty 30 and even our late Sean Taylor had their fair share of them. Landry has had some pretty flagrant ones. It's part of the game.

Well, logic stipulates this is a Redskins board. So, if you don't want to be flooded with sensless Redskins threads, you can just as easily not read either.

This really isn't news. I could put a quote here every day about a player discussing a his team or former team. He said he will always be an Eagle. WOW! I am sorry, but being it is not news worthy in any sense. I didn't say I had a problem with it either, so why are you saying I shouldn't read it.

When did I ever say Landry or Taylor never took their own shots. Stick to the script, instead of insinuating things that I have said.

All the time. One of the last games of the season I recall he totally hit someone on the back after they were already down. Think he actually got called for it, for once.

I know it goes on, but he does it WAYYY too much IMO.

All the time. One of the last games of the season I recall he totally hit someone on the back after they were already down. Think he actually got called for it, for once.

I know it goes on, but he does it WAYYY too much IMO.

The way I define a dirty player or not, is intent. Are they playing to the edge and trying to dominate physically?? Do they sometimes draw a flag or get a late hit?? To me that is ok. Sean Taylor fits in this category, as does Landry, Ronnie Lot and many others.

A dirty player has to have the intent to injure. Like grabbing a leg in the pile and twisting it to try to cause injury. Diving at someones knees while they are engaged. Poking people in the eyes in the pile. Things like that.

Watching Dawkins walk away from Philly brought a smile to my face. Then seeing them loose Lito Sheppard and Buckhalter was icing on the cake. It's great to see the disheveled faces of Eagles fans getting what they deserve.

Seeing them lose Lito Sheppard brought disheveled faces to Eagles fans?

Try, receiving two draft picks for their fourth string corner gave Eagles fans momentary happiness during a rough couple of days.

Seeing them lose Lito Sheppard brought disheveled faces to Eagles fans?

Try, receiving two draft picks for their fourth string corner gave Eagles fans momentary happiness during a rough couple of days.

They only have a 5th rounder in 2009.

Lito gets 3 mil in 2009. Exactly what he would have gotten in Philly.

If Sheppard is injured and misses a ton of time, the Jets can get out of the deal and will not owe the Eagles a draft pick in 2010

If they re-sign Lito to a new deal and he plays 85% of the plays, the Eagles get a 2nd rounder in 2010.

If Lito does not get a new deal, but plays 85% of the plays, The Eagles get a 3rd rounder in 2010, but have to give the Jets a 5th rounder in 2010. But that's only if he pans out, and if is their starter, then he's worth a 5th and a 3rd the following year.

The Jets got a good deal. 7 Yr pro that went to the probowl 2 times.

They only have a 5th rounder in 2009.

Lito gets 3 mil in 2009. Exactly what he would have gotten in Philly.

If Sheppard is injured and misses a ton of time, the Jets can get out of the deal and will not owe the Eagles a draft pick in 2010

If they re-sign Lito to a new deal and he plays 85% of the plays, the Eagles get a 2nd rounder in 2010.

If Lito does not get a new deal, but plays 85% of the plays, The Eagles get a 3rd rounder in 2010, but have to give the Jets a 5th rounder in 2010. But that's only if he pans out, and if is their starter, then he's worth a 5th and a 3rd the following year.

The Jets got a good deal. 7 Yr pro that went to the probowl 2 times.

The Eagles got what Lito was worth. The Jets paid what he was worth. After over-valuing Lito last year prior to the draft, this was all the Eagles could have hoped for.

I thought he'd be cut outright this offseason after the way he tanked it during the season. Getting a 5th rounder this year and potentially a second rounder next year is fine.

It's funny, but I have to admit that as much as I hate the Eagles (which is just about a c-hair below the Cowboys & 1 about the Patriots), Dawkins is one of the few players I have respect for. Dirty player? Nah. Not Dawkins.

And really, to say he's dirty is to say ALOT of players are dirty, including Sean Taylor & LaRon Landry. We applauded Taylor for several late hits on TO. So, remove the plank, brother.

**** dawkins. he started his career off great just like that idiot roy williams but soon he was leading with his helmet.

now he is known more for TRYING to be a comic book character and NOT for his hits on the field. he isnt wolverine and damn straight isnt weapon X. dude is a clown but he isnt a character..

Archived