Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official Draft James "Little Animal" Laurinaitis thread!

skinsfanjoe

Thoughts? He is extremely overrated. If you want a LB then Maualuga is the pick. JL has BIG trouble shedding blocks and doesn't transition as an OLB. Maualuga on the other hand can get after the QB from the outside and has the speed and athleticism to move to OLB for the time being until Fletcher is done. Rey is a very vocal leader and we lack that presence. Id rather go with one of the 4 OTs but with them possibly being gone by #13 then Rey or Orakpo is the choice.

Glad I panned down before I gave my assessment of 33 because you basically said exactly what I would have. The way 33 chicken-fights with blockers is hilarious. He can get away with it against Youngstown State and Mid Ohio Valley Technical college......but is a seriously different story when stacked up against quality O-lines. He is a product of the buckeye hype machine - nothing more - take it from someone who has been exposed to it my whole life. As for Rey, if you could assure me he will have a clean bill of health, I would be all over it. The guy has proven to be a bit injury prone the past yr though. And torn hammys are no minor thing.

No one from Ohio State please.

They pad stats against pansies for competition.

Never mind, guess I already addressed that topic, so.....I agree.:D

Edit}

Anyone trying to compare 33 to the Boz is crazy. At least 44 was a LEGITIMATELY dominant college player. He played in the Big 12, then had out of conference games against teams like Miami......and was a tackling machine!

I didn't say anything like that. You've got it backwards. I didn't say Boz was a bad college player, or Laurinaitis. I just was saying that JL is going to be a bust like Boz.

My bad.

For the record you can call 33 a bad college player though (compared to the hype surrounding him at least).

I still don't think 44 was a total bust either -- I think that stereotype is a little carried away. He was stuck on a couple really bad (especially defensively) transitional Seahawk teams with absolutely no one playing in front of him. Ask Ray Lewis how important the D-line is to LBs....

I think they keep running that highlight of Bo Jackson lighting him up on MNF and people just think he was terrible. There is a long line of pro bowl defenders that Bo made look s-i-l-l-y

Maualuga plays ILB' date=' London is already there and Blades will move there once London is gone..Rey lacks elite speed to play the OLB position, imo. Heck of a player, but I don't think he's the answer for OLB.[/quote']

Totally agree......

IMO, when we make our first pick (whether @ 13 or from the trade down), we should pick the best OLB or O-lineman (preferbly Center or Tackle) available at that spot. Whichever player we have rated the highest between the OLBs or O-linemen still available, that's who we should pick.

If I were the Skins, which I am not, I would send out strong signals that I am going to draft someone at #13. Then on draft day, I would reluctantly trade down, with fake tears in my eyes, and accept someones 3rd round pick.

Then I would draft the best guard available or best center.

If I were the Skins, which I am not, I would never let Jason Taylor play left defensive end ever again. THAT EXPERIMENT DID NOT WORK OUT. Especially when the Giants ran all over him and left footprints on his back.

If I were the Redskins, which I am not, I would replace Marcus Washingon with J.T.

245 Pound linebackers who can rush the passer have a great history in the NFL.

Paging SkinsFanInTennessee... please pick up the white courtesy phone

Ok boys and girls. I read this thread on my iPhone, but had to log onto the laptop, because there is going to be too much typing going on here to do it all on the phone.

First of all, ALL OF YOU OSU HATERS!!!!!!!! Come on now, stop with the hating. Ohio State puts out some of the best NFL stars, year after year.

"In fact, OSU is projected to have one of the largest draft classes in 2009."

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/content.aspx?fmid=178&lmid=443&pid=887

I challange anyone to debate me on this. Seriously, you have to look past your hatred of the Big 10 and Ohio State.

By the way, in case you were wondering, there are 47 OSU players currently on active rosters in 2008. Which by the way, is more than USC (42), or Florida (43). Oh yea, they are behind arch rival Michigan (50), but then again, thats just another Big 10 school that pads their players stats by playing pansies. Right???

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NCAA_school_has_produced_the_most_NFL_players

How many of you all, who dogged James in this thread, have actually watched him play, besides the two National Champ losses??? I doubt most of you have seen him play much. This guy is a monster. While now, I do think we draft RT in the first round, this guy is going to be a stud. Do anyone of you remember a guy named Mike Vrabel??? In case the name sounds familiar, the term "Look at those rings" comes to mind. While yes, I will admit the Big Kat was a bust, Ohio State consistantly puts out great talent.

And as far as you all saying they play pansies and pad their stats, while James was at OSU..they did play Texas and USC out of conference. How many ACC teams, or SEC teams travel to the West Coast to play out of conference??

No matter the outcome of those games, he never takes a play off, and gives 110%, theres no doubt about that. Whatever team happens to draft James, is getting one hell of animal. A guy with great instincts. Just hate to see a lot of you all eating crow in a year or two.

But then, I guess if I were you all, I would be jealous of one of the best collegiate programs in the country. I can see how easy it can be, to be green with evny. :D

Ok boys and girls. I read this thread on my iPhone, but had to log onto the laptop, because there is going to be too much typing going on here to do it all on the phone.

First of all, ALL OF YOU OSU HATERS!!!!!!!! Come on now, stop with the hating. Ohio State puts out some of the best NFL stars, year after year.

"In fact, OSU is projected to have one of the largest draft classes in 2009."

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/content.aspx?fmid=178&lmid=443&pid=887

I challange anyone to debate me on this. Seriously, you have to look past your hatred of the Big 10 and Ohio State. Exactly. Thank u. And for the tool that said he couldn't remember the last osu lb that was good. How bout AJ hawk?

By the way, in case you were wondering, there are 47 OSU players currently on active rosters in 2008. Which by the way, is more than USC (42), or Florida (43). Oh yea, they are behind arch rival Michigan (50), but then again, thats just another Big 10 school that pads their players stats by playing pansies. Right???

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NCAA_school_has_produced_the_most_NFL_players

How many of you all, who dogged James in this thread, have actually watched him play, besides the two National Champ losses??? I doubt most of you have seen him play much. This guy is a monster. While now, I do think we draft RT in the first round, this guy is going to be a stud. Do anyone of you remember a guy named Mike Vrabel??? In case the name sounds familiar, the term "Look at those rings" comes to mind. While yes, I will admit the Big Kat was a bust, Ohio State consistantly puts out great talent.

And as far as you all saying they play pansies and pad their stats, while James was at OSU..they did play Texas and USC out of conference. How many ACC teams, or SEC teams travel to the West Coast to play out of conference??

No matter the outcome of those games, he never takes a play off, and gives 110%, theres no doubt about that. Whatever team happens to draft James, is getting one hell of animal. A guy with great instincts. Just hate to see a lot of you all eating crow in a year or two.

But then, I guess if I were you all, I would be jealous of one of the best collegiate programs in the country. I can see how easy it can be, to be green with evny. :D

If I were the Skins, which I am not, I would send out strong signals that I am going to draft someone at #13. Then on draft day, I would reluctantly trade down, with fake tears in my eyes, and accept someones 3rd round pick.

Then I would draft the best guard available or best center.

If I were the Skins, which I am not, I would never let Jason Taylor play left defensive end ever again. THAT EXPERIMENT DID NOT WORK OUT. Especially when the Giants ran all over him and left footprints on his back.

If I were the Redskins, which I am not, I would replace Marcus Washingon with J.T.

245 Pound linebackers who can rush the passer have a great history in the NFL.

i'm really glad you're not the Skins. JT was hurt. You can't have an experiment without a real subject. He might work at LB, but how do you know that experiment will work?

i think rey mauluga should be our pick so we could have a hybrid 3-4. let the d choose whether mauluga or JT rushes as the 4th man, maybe?

No one from Ohio State please.

They pad stats against pansies for competition.

Pretty much everybody does that. Guess they were padding their stats when they went to SoCal to play the Trojans. Oh, wait... Probably has a lot more to do with the other elite teams not wanting to play them in the regular season (because the Buckeyes are nasty then) when they can potentially play them in a bowl game (where their recent record is not good) after OSU has had an extra month to get rusty.

Say no to Bobby Carpenter 2.0
Im thinking the next Andy Katzenmoyer....cant remember the last OSU lb that wasnt a bum...

ReyMa could be a monster, or an OT. Id rather get ReyMa, i think they guy is gonna be a pro-bowl calibur player.

You guys remember Bobby Carpenter, but conveniently leave out A.J. Hawk? Carpenter was Robin to Hawk's Batman. Hawk had 100+ tackles his first two years in the league. Laurinaitis is more Hawk than Carpenter or Katzenmoyer. For the record, Katzenmoyer never had a chance to prove whether he was a good player or a bust. He hurt his neck and had to have surgery on it his first year.

Say what you want about OSU choking in bowl games, over-rated, hype, whatever, blah, blah, blah. But don't say that OSU doesn't turn out good pros. If you say that, you are wrong. They are on par with the U and USC in putting NFL ready players into the league. A sampling:

Robert Smith - RB

Shawn Springs - CB

Will Allen - DE

LeCharles Bentley - C

Jim Marshall - DE

Santonio Holmes - WR

Antoine Winfield - CB

Orlando Pace - T

A.J. Hawk - LB

Joey Galloway - WR

Mike Doss - SS

Anthony Gonzalez - WR

Cris Carter - WR

Lou Groza - K

Nate Clements - CB

Paul Warfield - WR

Tom Tupa - P

Chris Spielman - LB

Jack Tatum - S

Nick Mangold - C

Korey Stringer - T

Randy Gradishar - LB

And our own Jim Lachey - T

Those are just some off the top of my head, I'm sure there are a boatload more that I'm forgetting. Dismissing JL just because he's from OSU and the current follow-the-crowd opinion is that OSU is over-rated and therefore JL will be a bust is laughable. Myself, I'd way rather have one of those top 4 tackles fall to us at 13 or to trade back and take JL or a different OL. Eben Britton, maybe.

Archived