Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official Draft James "Little Animal" Laurinaitis thread!

skinsfanjoe

Ok boys and girls. I read this thread on my iPhone, but had to log onto the laptop, because there is going to be too much typing going on here to do it all on the phone.

First of all, ALL OF YOU OSU HATERS!!!!!!!! Come on now, stop with the hating. Ohio State puts out some of the best NFL stars, year after year.

"In fact, OSU is projected to have one of the largest draft classes in 2009."

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/content.aspx?fmid=178&lmid=443&pid=887

I challange anyone to debate me on this. Seriously, you have to look past your hatred of the Big 10 and Ohio State.

By the way, in case you were wondering, there are 47 OSU players currently on active rosters in 2008. Which by the way, is more than USC (42), or Florida (43). Oh yea, they are behind arch rival Michigan (50), but then again, thats just another Big 10 school that pads their players stats by playing pansies. Right???

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NCAA_school_has_produced_the_most_NFL_players

How many of you all, who dogged James in this thread, have actually watched him play, besides the two National Champ losses??? I doubt most of you have seen him play much. This guy is a monster. While now, I do think we draft RT in the first round, this guy is going to be a stud. Do anyone of you remember a guy named Mike Vrabel??? In case the name sounds familiar, the term "Look at those rings" comes to mind. While yes, I will admit the Big Kat was a bust, Ohio State consistantly puts out great talent.

And as far as you all saying they play pansies and pad their stats, while James was at OSU..they did play Texas and USC out of conference. How many ACC teams, or SEC teams travel to the West Coast to play out of conference??

No matter the outcome of those games, he never takes a play off, and gives 110%, theres no doubt about that. Whatever team happens to draft James, is getting one hell of animal. A guy with great instincts. Just hate to see a lot of you all eating crow in a year or two.

But then, I guess if I were you all, I would be jealous of one of the best collegiate programs in the country. I can see how easy it can be, to be green with evny. :D

Exactly... Better yet all the haters can slam Katzenmoyer all they want. He came out young and got hurt (neck I believe) and wasn't ready. He was a workout freak a.k.a. Bozz, He relied on having more talant than the other players.

JL can run with tight ends and backs out of the backfield as well as Washington could. He can also make the big hit and get presure on the QB. Body style he is more like a Urlacher, and I think he would be a great cover 2 linebacker.

That said, I don't want JL either. My pick would be Michael Oher at this point. Unless we trade down to say 20th area and pick up a second. Even then I am a big fatty lover, but at 20 I would have to say Clay Matthews.

I feel bad for any little 10 fans, specifically fans of Ohio State.

You people watch that crap all season, get your hopes up as you go undefeated against pansies, then cry the second you play a real team--and sit in a state of shock.

That football sucks.

That football program sucks.

Troy Smith? Yeah, he was the best player in college.:hysterical:

What a total joke!

Then you go to bowl games, and get completely embarrassed against real teams. What is the stat? Ohio State has lost 9 in a row against SEC teams in the bowls?

0-9

And for all of this, "Well, we played USC and Texas twice in the last 20 years. Those are real teams" total bs, I have a newsflash for you:

Texas sucks. They had one good team in 40 years. Aside from Vince Young, they haven't been decent in four decades. Give it a break.

And USC? Who the hell does USC play? UCLA? Are you kidding me? They too, play pansies.

We don't want anyone from Ohio State. Nobody wants anyone from Ohio State. You can't trust one thing that happens there, because they play no one. And Michigan is supposed to be their big game?

Bonus newsflash, free of charge: Michigan sucks too!

You people please do everyone else a favor, and keep that crap football to yourselves. No one else wants to watch it, and no one else wants to see any of those losers on the Redskins.

Oh, and good luck against Purdue this season. That should be a real barn-burner!:hysterical:

Do they actually charge money for those tickets?

"In fact, OSU is projected to have one of the largest draft classes in 2009."

http://www.nflplayers.com/user/content.aspx?fmid=178&lmid=443&pid=887

I challange anyone to debate me on this. Seriously, you have to look past your hatred of the Big 10 and Ohio State.

By the way, in case you were wondering, there are 47 OSU players currently on active rosters in 2008. Which by the way, is more than USC (42), or Florida (43). Oh yea, they are behind arch rival Michigan (50), but then again, thats just another Big 10 school that pads their players stats by playing pansies. Right???

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NCAA_school_has_produced_the_most_NFL_players

:coach:

I feel bad for any little 10 fans, specifically fans of Ohio State.

You people watch that crap all season, get your hopes up as you go undefeated against pansies, then cry the second you play a real team--and sit in a state of shock.

That football sucks.

That football program sucks.

Troy Smith? Yeah, he was the best player in college.:hysterical:

What a total joke!

Then you go to bowl games, and get completely embarrassed against real teams. What is the stat? Ohio State has lost 9 in a row against SEC teams in the bowls?

0-9

And for all of this, "Well, we played USC and Texas twice in the last 20 years. Those are real teams" total bs, I have a newsflash for you:

Texas sucks. They had one good team in 40 years. Aside from Vince Young, they haven't been decent in four decades. Give it a break.

And USC? Who the hell does USC play? UCLA? Are you kidding me? They too, play pansies.

We don't want anyone from Ohio State. Nobody wants anyone from Ohio State. You can't trust one thing that happens there, because they play no one. And Michigan is supposed to be their big game?

Bonus newsflash, free of charge: Michigan sucks too!

You people please do everyone else a favor, and keep that crap football to yourselves. No one else wants to watch it, and no one else wants to see any of those losers on the Redskins.

Oh, and good luck against Purdue this season. That should be a real barn-burner!:hysterical:

Do they actually charge money for those tickets?

Let me guess... Your an SEC fan right? This year was your favorite team Florida, I bet last year your favorite team was LSU, who's next Tennesee, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, no Florida or LSU again. Yeah the SEC is a great league, but year in and year out I would take my team. Or are you one of those guys that just can't stand someone because they actually are good.

Like it or not OSU is a top ten team every year. No they are not the best team every year, but they are consistantly a top ten team. They are one of the elite programs in the nation and they constantly produce NFL talent.

There is some serious HATING going on in this thread.

One big thing that really stands out about James is that he would have been a top 10 pick last year had he come out but he said he talked to AJ Hawk and his dad and he prayed about it and decided that leaving a legacy at OSU was more important than a payday. This guy is a very high character person, a leader, and is always around the ball. You mark my words, he will play a long time in the NFL at a very high level and if he could be had in the mid to late first round and we can pick up an extra pick in the process I would consider our FO genius for pulling it off.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about drafting #33, and not debating Ohio State vs the SEC, or Ohio State vs the rest of the NCAA. There are plenty of other threads debating that issue here on ES. But I feel compelled to offer a few counter points.

All I have to say is, See National Championship game in 2002 against Miami, but yea your right, another pansy. :doh:

That football sucks.

Michigan Wolverines- 865

Notre Dame Fighting Irish-822

Texas Longhorns- 816

Nebraska- 807

Ohio State Buckeyes-794

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NCAA_football_teams_have_the_most_wins

You'll notice, two of the teams you say suck are both on that list as well, Texas and Michigan.

This is the standard argument for any Ohio State hater. Let's keep in mind that before these bowl games are played, Ohio State plays their last game the third Saturday in November. Unlike the teams who play 2 weeks later, in the first weekend in December. Two extra weeks is a long time when you are talking about getting rusty. And don't blame OSU for that. Blame the conference for sticking to its history and tradition. Something that can't be said for a lot of the other conferences that come crawling on their knees when corporations come calling with the almighty dollar.

Secondly, lets not over look where the good majority of the bowl games are played. When Ohio State played LSU in the National Championship game, they played in the superdome, in New Orleans. (See home field advantage). Most of the bowl games are played in Florida, or at least in the south. Where gee, isnt that SEC country. I say we create a new bowl game, up North in January, say Columbus? Or Ann Arbor? How do you think SEC teams would fare then?

Nobody wants anyone from Ohio State.

Ohio State

Will Allen (26) Tampa Bay Buccaneers FS

Kirk Barton (70) Cincinnati Bengals T

Kirk Barton Chicago Bears OT

Bobby Carpenter (54) Dallas Cowboys LB

Drew Carter (18) Oakland Raiders WR

Nate Clements (22) San Francisco 49ers CB

Doug Datish Tennessee Titans C

Na'il Diggs (53) Carolina Panthers OLB

Mike Doss (44) Cincinnati Bengals DB

Dustin Fox (35) Buffalo Bills DB

Simon Fraser (75) Atlanta Falcons DE

Joey Galloway (84) Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR

Chris Gamble (20) Carolina Panthers CB

Vernon Gholston (56) New York Jets LB

Ted Ginn Jr. (19) Miami Dolphins WR

Anthony Gonzalez (11) Indianapolis Colts WR

Larry Grant (59) St. Louis Rams OLB

Marcus Green New Orleans Saints DT

Roy Hall (83) Indianapolis Colts WR

Ben Hartsock (89) Atlanta Falcons TE

A.J. Hawk (50) Green Bay Packers OLB

Santonio Holmes (10) Pittsburgh Steelers WR

Kevin Houser (47) New Orleans Saints LS

Michael Jenkins (12) Atlanta Falcons WR

Nick Mangold (74) New York Jets C

Donnie Nickey (23) Tennessee Titans DB

Mike Nugent (1) New York Jets K

Orlando Pace (76) St. Louis Rams T

Kenny Peterson (90) Denver Broncos DT

Ryan Pickett (79) Green Bay Packers DT

Quinn Pit**** (97) Indianapolis Colts DT

Antonio Pittman (30) St. Louis Rams RB

Jay Richardson (98) Oakland Raiders DE

Nate Salley (25) Carolina Panthers DB

Rob Sims (67) Seattle Seahawks G

Troy Smith (10) Baltimore Ravens QB

Will Smith (91) New Orleans Saints DE

Shawn Springs (24) Washington Redskins CB

Alex Stepanovich (69) Atlanta Falcons C

Mike Vrabel (50) New England Patriots OLB

Donte Whitner (20) Buffalo Bills SS

Matt Wilhelm (57) San Diego Chargers ILB

Antoine Winfield (26) Minnesota Vikings CB

Ashton Youboty (26) Buffalo Bills CB

But yea your right, no body wants them. My bad.....

Oh, and good luck against Purdue this season. That should be a real barn-burner!

Funny how no one remembers that Penn State was a top 5 team last year too. You know what kills me is the standard Big 10 vs SEC argument. Goes something like this...

"The Big 10 just has 1 or 2 teams every year, that just pads its stats by beating lesser teams."

Yet when the SEC is in a down year, you don't hear the same argument, you hear...

"This just shows how strong and deep the SEC is. What great depth we have, where all the teams are that good."

Typical SEC crap. Let's not mention GA, until this year when they traveled to Arizona St, the furthest they had traveled in 5 years to play an out of conference game, was reachable by a bus, not a plane. And really, do you want me to post Florida's out of conference teams for the past 5 years?? Talk about padding stats.

Seriously though, bottom line, you can't say that Ohio State's football sucks, or that their program sucks, or that their players suck and nobody wants them. I have shown you a few stats that dispute that. Where are your stats? I forgot, you don't have any, you just have your OSU hater hat on, and your opinion, frankly, I find laughable.

I have no hate against the Big 10, I just think they're the most over-rated conferences in college football. I like Rey Mauluga, but hasn't he been injured 3 times this year? He plays ILB, but at the combine scouts said they were suprised at how quickly he covered the field, so speed isn't an issue for me, its his injury history I'm worried about.

I doubt Orakpo is there, Rey might be gone, the only tackle I see being there is Oher, so I hope we trade down. After all our best pick from the last draft was a guy from the 7th. It can't hurt to have more picks.

SkinsFanInTennessee makes some good points to that side argument but on James Laurinaitis I'd pass. I just dont think he gonna be that great in the Pros compared to some other linebackers. I think Maybin could honestly become a much better LB then JL. I just see a huge dropoff in talent after Curry and Cushing and if not trading back or going for a lineman I would rather go Vontae Davis over JL, assuming hes still there. I just think JL is one of those player who hits their peak in college and doesnt progress much more in the pros.

Lauranitis plays in the Big 10, the Big 10 sucks. Ray Mau will be a much better pro than Lauranitis. I would much rather draft Ray Mau over Lauranitis

:doh: So all Big Ten players should be avoided because they "Suck". Got it. This is a great opportunity to use some seldom used smilies.

:shutup::stop::shhh::shot::jerk::nono::rant::whip::loser::nutkick::laythehur:wtf::moon:

Pretty much everybody does that. Guess they were padding their stats when they went to SoCal to play the Trojans. Oh, wait... Probably has a lot more to do with the other elite teams not wanting to play them in the regular season (because the Buckeyes are nasty then) when they can potentially play them in a bowl game (where their recent record is not good) after OSU has had an extra month to get rusty.

You guys remember Bobby Carpenter, but conveniently leave out A.J. Hawk? Carpenter was Robin to Hawk's Batman. Hawk had 100+ tackles his first two years in the league. Laurinaitis is more Hawk than Carpenter or Katzenmoyer. For the record, Katzenmoyer never had a chance to prove whether he was a good player or a bust. He hurt his neck and had to have surgery on it his first year.

Hawk was a top 5 pick, hes been a major disappointment. Any starting MLB gets 100 tackles...if GB could go back im sure they'd MUCH rather have taken Demeco Ryans as a LB, there were a ton of better players on the board at that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NFL_Draft

If we can schedule Troy St and Akron every year he would dominate!

It's Younstown State and Toledo.....gees...idiot....

Oh by the way maybe we could have scheduled Central Florida, South Florida, Florida International , Florida Academy of Cuban Refugees, and my favorite Florida University of Culinary Kids, better known as the ****s, ofcourse then Stupider and the great Florida offense would have worked here.

If we needed a fast middle Linbacker I would say to take him, but we don't.

Lauranitis plays in the Big 10, the Big 10 sucks. Ray Mau will be a much better pro than Lauranitis. I would much rather draft Ray Mau over Lauranitis

I don't like OSU linebackers, but that's a far cry from saying stupid things like the Big 10 sucks.

If you look at the guys who made big impacts in the SB and playoffs, you're looking mainly at Midwest footballers (like Big Ben, Kurt Warner, LaMarr Woodley, Santonio Holmes, Larry Fitzgerald, etc.)

Then you have guys from the weaker Eastern and Western conferences.

The SEC, in spite of all the hype, is overrated as a football factory. Though the warm weather is often synonymous with passing, they are less likely to churn out quality QBs (and when they do get a Cutler it's out of Vandy, not the trad. SEC powers) and wideouts. For some reason, the Big 10, Big 12 and Big East/ACC are where you'd want to go to get your premier, all-time wideouts.

And don't even get started on offensive linemen. Though I don't know how RichRod will change Michigan's history of NFL offensive linemen (high quality ones.)

Each conference has certain weaknesses, generally, though those change over time also but you're drafting players not conferences and the bowl system favors southern and pacific teams but putting aside last year (cuz I don't remember all the results) the Big 10 has had a winning record against the SEC in bowl games over the last several years. This includes the #whatever beating the #whatever further down the line in a lesser bowl game.

It's Younstown State and Toledo.....gees...idiot....

If we needed a fast middle Linbacker I would say to take him, but we don't.

Didn't Jason Taylor, hall of famer (will be,) play at Akron?

Didn't Big Ben come out of Miami(OH)?

What I also find kind of funny about the SEC-boosters is that some of the best talent from the south played at the U of Miami, which is not an SEC school. Sure, they fought with Florida and FSU for Florida talent but that's ONE STATE that skews their perception of the entire south and SEC.

And I'll be the first to laugh at OSU for losing all these contests but the Big 10 schools have a natural handicap coming to the South or West to play southern or western teams that played another game or TWO before the Bowl contest.

These conferences go up and down and even when the Big 10 was winning most of its games against the SEC, these clowns still mouthed off like no good football players attended a school outside of the SEC.

Archived