Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OH CRAP! Now Around The Horn is talking about Albert Haynesworth to the Redskins

kiingspadee

Never did I say Around The Horn was CREDIBLE. Actually I believe I said OH CRAP! I was actually just trying to inform the members on this board what was on. So if your going to flame me for bringing up info that was on Television about our team..next time when on ESPN they are talking about how we just signed Peyton Manning..I just won't post anything.

I hope we don't sign Haynesworth.

He'd cost way too much money and it's the kind of signing that always come back to bite us.

I go back and forth on this deal. But am not sure I agree with that point. Especially in the last 5 years, typical deal for us is signing some Haynsworth wannabe, a guy who isn't a pro-bowler or for that matter elite in his position but we give him money expecting them to become a stud player.

Archuleta wasn't a stud safety or pro-bowler

Lloyd maybe had 50 catches tops at his career best -- nothing special

Patten was the 3rd receiver in NE, ditto Randle El in Pitt.

I don't think Andre Carter is a bust, nonetheless, he had like what 3 sacks the season before the Skins signed him, on and on.

When we go for elite players they are very late in their careers for the most part. When we go for players in their 20s for the most part, they haven't struck gold as a player yet. And we tend to guess wrong on a lot of them.

Our last big FA signining, not bad though, London Fletcher.

I don't think TB will go after him on Mike an Mike this morning Mort said the TB ownership is experiencing some finanical problems due to their stake in Manchester United Soccer team...he thinks they are reducing the Cap in order to keep paying the players they have and maybe sign a few FA's...nothing like 100,000,000 contract that Haynesworth would demand on the open market...but Mort could be wrong that is a ton of cap space down there.

Mr. Snyder,

Please forget Fat Albert and sign Chris Canty instead. Canty represents much better value for your precious bucks. His signing would leave more cap room to pursue other needed hole-pluggers at LB and OL. You showed admirable restraint in free agency last year. It would be great to follow that example again this year, despite the precious draft picks that you gave away for almost nothing.

JTNumber7

they said snyder was out to dinner with his agent at the combine.... suspicious

:doh: Because a grown man eating a meal with an agent that represents a player on his team (Kelly) but also represent a highly publicized free agent means that Snyder could have only been talking FA contract negotiations, (which is clearly tampering) and not about the current client on the roster or prospects in the draft that this agent happens to cover???

Archived