Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is PFT taking a shot at Jason lacanfora?

Gibbsisgod2006

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I was reading PFT and notice what they said at the bottom of the Post. It is about time someone took a shot at Jason Laconfora sometimes I can stand him.

"The money would be devoted in part to re-signing cornerback DeAnglo Hall. But the Post doesn’t seem to think that the Redskins will chase defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth."

"We’ll believe it when we don’t see it."

Does PFT guys are talking a lot of crap.....okey JLC isn't always right, but I trust his sources more the that of PFT...........if ya look at the facts, we just can't sign Albert whitout having problems the next couple of years.

Actually, that is not supported by "facts" at all.

While JLC has his issues, I'll trust his opinion over most of the national media guys anyday.

I find it funny that in the same article that he mentions the 30 percent rule (which he admits he doesn't understand) yet thinks the rumor is valid.

Quoting Fatty P from the last time the CBA was up:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2332924

The more well-known sticking points: Without an extension to the CBA, teams will be able to amortize signing bonuses over just four seasons, instead of the maximum seven years. Because of the 30-percent rule, which essentially stipulates that a player's basic compensation (his base salary plus the prorated share of his signing bonus for 2006) cannot be increased by more than 30 percent, teams can't make up the difference in smaller signing bonus with fatter base salaries.

With that, I can't see how the Skins can give Haynesworth a deal that huge, short of cutting a lot of players.

JLC seems to be everyone's whipping boy. I trust his reporting more than the other "insiders" in the media.

I also seem to think that whole source meter thing that Larry Michael does on Redskins Nation is childish and seems a bit personal to me. What did JLC ever do to that guy anyway? You can't tell me it's in good fun when he refers to the guy as "The Sorcerer", I mean come on. :2cents:

JLC seems to be everyone's whipping boy. I trust his reporting more than the other "insiders" in the media.

I also seem to think that whole source meter thing that Larry Michael does on Redskins Nation is childish and seems a bit personal to me. What did JLC ever do to that guy anyway? You can't tell me it's in a good fun when he refers to the guy as "The Sorcerer"' date=' I mean come on. :2cents:[/quote']

Yeah i think it is a little chidish but I think JLC was bashing the skins pretty bad and took a shot at Larry Michael in one of his posts on RI. I think thats how the source meter came about.

Archived