Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: (Monday): Taylor plans to return

Rypien1191

It's real easy and convenient to be able to use hindsight, sit behind your keyboard and call the people who brought Jason Taylor in here names now that he has had a bad season.

Don't be mad that I call a spade a spade, that's exactly what it is.

But, after Daniels had went down...what (in all your infinite wisdom) would you had done? You've been able to point fingers and call a lot of names, but I have yet to see one alternative solution for Daniels' injury that you would have come up with.

In 2007 Taylor had accured 56 total tackles and 11 sacks. There were no signs that he was washed up. No signs that his game had slipped at all. The only reason that you are calling him washed up now is because he had his first bad season with us.

What in the world does that have anthing to do with the 2009 Redskins? Seriously stay on point and tell me why you want Jason Taylor to be here next year for 8 million bucks? That's 8 million that we could spend elsewhere on greater areas of need on the team. I never once said that making the trade when it was made was a bad move, I thought we over reacted but the past is the past brother. There is no excuse to keep him here in 2009 for 8 million other then the one given by elkabong82. But in my opinion for the expected output that we will get from Jason Taylor in 2009 it would make more sense to promote Evans to the starter at something like 3 million per year for 4 years (12 million total but 4 years of play) then to give Jason Taylor one year for 8 million with all of the problems we have on the team.

Now don't get me wrong, I am in no way a Vinny Cerratto fan. But, Vinny was getting a whole lot of props at the beginning of the season, and him jumping all over the Taylor trade was just one of the reasons why.

People are going to most certainly deny giving him props now.:):2cents:

Everyone in the NFL knows we won't be any different then last season when we couldn't score points with the state of the line we have yet all he wants to talk about is re-signing expensive defensive players. Keeping Jason and Hall will not do anything to improve our offensive line and that's all I want to see us do this offseason and they are blowing it

What happens though if he does come in here and get 10+ sacks.... One would have to assume that Andre would get more sacks due to teams scheming Taylor harder not to mention if we get a good d tackle through the draft or free agency or however...if that takes place and he makes the team that much better in 09 is the 8 mil still to much? I am in no way taking sides on this argument it is just a question....

What happens though if he does come in here and get 10+ sacks.... One would have to assume that Andre would get more sacks due to teams scheming Taylor harder not to mention if we get a good d tackle through the draft or free agency or however...if that takes place and he makes the team that much better in 09 is the 8 mil still to much? I am in no way taking sides on this argument it is just a question....

My answers simple....how will all of that protect our QB? Our problem last year wasn't Defense, it was offense. We couldn't move the ball in the red zone, we couldn't protect the QB, and we couldn't score points. Jason Taylor will not equal a win for us. He might make some plays to shut down drives but the money we'd save by dumping him would mean more money to address the offensive line issues we have. Or we could just throw all of our damn money at Defense which is all we've talked about doing and hope like hell that some how our lineman can make it another year which is simply asking too much :doh:

I agree with this as it relates to the Taylor trade; the lot of it smacks of a disconnect between the front office brass and the coaching staff, which is disconcerting, to say the least.

Barring injury, one doesn't get too many surprises in trading for an 11 year veteran of this league; Vinny and company knew exactly what type of a player they were getting in Jason Taylor. To me, the onus should fall on the coaching staff for not appropriately tailoring a system to fit Jason and his talents.

At this stage of his career, he's still more than a capable player, but it's incumbent on the coaching staff to make sure they draw the most from him by allowing and enabling him to do what he does best.

I don't get why many here are complaining about a pass rusher (not specifically this one) many here said we lacked prior to this pickup.

If however the plan was to address the lines through the draft how would keeping JT hurt that plan? We want a young OL ok Draft one. We already speant our whole draft on offense last year... and do not even come to me about Horton that was an all time diamond in the rough he was minutes away from being undrafted. I know the new WRS/TE did not have an impact last year but its too early to call them busts... At this point we cannot draft or spend money on Safety WR RB TE QB or DE so that leaves LB and OLINE to FA and Draft. We knew that the FA OL would be too expensive sooo lets get younger through the draft. And yes I think you are right. I think we draft some OL depth and start pretty much the same OL we did last year.

So is his second year a mutual option?

I understand your point. I'm just disappointed in the outcome, as many of us are. Hopefully with the second year we will see some improvement - I don't think we'll see enough of a turnaround to warrant the $8 Mil though.

We'll have to wait and see how this all plays out. First things first, we'll get a clearer idea what the Redskins' offseason plans are with FA. Hell, for all I know, they could trade him.

But one thing I do know: outside of the draft, we aren't likely to find a better DE than Taylor. While his price is high, his petigree is good and the Skins at least knows his strengths and weaknesses.

While some people think this compounds the mistake in trading for him, releasing him can also compound the problem of not having patience with a guy who had an unusually injury-prone season and goes off and kicks butt elsewhere while still paying the price for him. There are arguments both ways and no one really knows what direction it will go in, so people have gone with the "what have you done for me lately" argument.

It is pretty sad when a player and his agent TELL VC that he (J.Taylor) WILL be back with the Redskins at the same salary he earned last year. Yes, it's very sad that VC nor DS can take a stand and say, "Jason, were sorry but you didn't perform to standards last year, you were hurt and we can't see paying you another year on your 8.5 million dollar contract. Thank you for being a Washington Redskin and we wish you the best of luck in your football career. It's been real". Then move on but NO VC/DS are letting J. Taylor dictate what he is going to do. Again, I have stated in other topics I only hope that Danny will hire someone that has some nadds and give that person control of this team after its mediocre season next year. I hope the first thing that's done is VC is put out to pasture and the HC starts building this team the way it should be built. P.S. Again, it's a shame that Jim Zorn is in the position he's in and had to land his first HC job with the management we have in place.

It is pretty sad when a player and his agent TELL VC that he (J.Taylor) WILL be back with the Redskins at the same salary he earned last year. Yes, it's very sad that VC nor DS can take a stand and say, "Jason, were sorry but you didn't perform to standards last year, you were hurt and we can't see paying you another year on your 8.5 million dollar contract. Thank you for being a Washington Redskin and we wish you the best of luck in your football career. It's been real". Then move on but NO VC/DS are letting J. Taylor dictate what he is going to do. Again, I have stated in other topics I only hope that Danny will hire someone that has some nadds and give that person control of this team after its mediocre season next year. I hope the first thing that's done is VC is put out to pasture and the HC starts building this team the way it should be built. P.S. Again, it's a shame that Jim Zorn is in the position he's in and had to land his first HC job with the management we have in place.

This isn't a one way thing here. To do the deal, the Skins wanted at least two years out of him. In return for Taylor having a commitment to the team, the Skins also have a commitment to him, which is his salary. Honestly, the article also says that the Skins haven't even questioned the salary, which means that they are fine about it and as for freeing up space, they are looking at other avenues.

As I said, I'm waiting and seeing how they are going to free up space and who they decide to go after. I still have no clue how they are going to approach FA and who they are going to go after, other than that they say that they will be active in FA.

It's real easy and convenient to be able to use hindsight, sit behind your keyboard and call the people who brought Jason Taylor in here names now that he has had a bad season.

But, after Daniels had went down...what (in all your infinite wisdom) would you had done? You've been able to point fingers and call a lot of names, but I have yet to see one alternative solution for Daniels' injury that you would have come up with.

I wasn't asked but I'll give my answer to the question.

First I would not have gone into last season with Phillip Daniels on this team, let alone penned in as a starter. I would have drafted a defensive end in either 07 or 08 with our 1st round pick.

But going to the situation at hand, after Daniels goes down. I call Parcells ask him about Taylor and the second he asks me for a second round pick, I laugh at him, remind him of Bill Belichick's 3 Super Bowl titles mock him a little more and then hang up the phone and go with Demetric Evans as my starter and remind Blache that Evans started 7 games in 2004 and that was the best defense we've had here under GW/GB.

No way No how does anyone give up a 2nd (plus 8 mil in cap hit) to Jason Taylor at this age.

Don't be mad that I call a spade a spade, that's exactly what it is.
Mad? What are you talking about? Do you see any exclamation marks anywhere in my quote? Are there any caps?

Please don't try to add things into my point of view that are'nt even there in an attempt to strengthen yours.

Also, how does your response even remotely address the comment that I made?:confused:

What in the world does that have anthing to do with the 2009 Redskins? Seriously stay on point and tell me why you want Jason Taylor to be here next year for 8 million bucks?
I read your quote as though you were calling Vinny an idiot for pulling the trigger on the Taylor trade last season. I was on point. That's what I was referring to. If that's not what you were referring to then it was simply a misunderstanding.

I understand Taylor is using 8Mil on the cap, but the guy is still in amazing physical condition and can still play at a very high level. I'm glad we have JT for another year, despite his injuries he was an asset to this team.

13 games

29 tackles

3.5 sacks

1 ff

yeah.....i got nothing

Archived