Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nooga

I am going to put this out here once again. If we do decide to go deep into the free agent market and get "THAT GUY" should it be O first or D first. Everyone here know's we need help on the O LINE as well as the D LINE but where would you go first?

The only big name FA left is Albert Haynesworth and perhaps Ray Lewis.

Haynesworth is going to cost alot of money. Quite frankly we been down this road before more then once. We need to just draft and pick up some no name free agents who want that much. Dwayne Robertson probably still available.

Some FAs I hope we are looking at that won't break the bank and will contribute:

DT Jovan Haye, OGs Chris Kemoeatu, Stacy Andrews (I know he is coming off an injury, but it supposed to be ready, I believe by training camp. LB Angelo Crowell.

i think free agency would be a sucess if the Skins can re-sign Deangelo Hall, Anthony Montgomery,and Kedrick Golston .....sign OT Kalif Barnes from the Jags......and OG/C Jason Brown from the Ravens.....LB Angelo Crowell from the Bills.....then try to trade down and aquire more picks in the draft and start building up the OandD Lines for the future....the OL/DL aren't pretty picks, but its where it all starts......:2cents:

i think free agency would be a sucess if the Skins can re-sign Deangelo Hall, Anthony Montgomery,and Kedrick Golston .....sign OT Kalif Barnes from the Jags......and OG/C Jason Brown from the Ravens.....LB Angelo Crowell from the Bills.....then try to trade down and aquire more picks in the draft and start building up the OandD Lines for the future....the OL/DL aren't pretty picks, but its where it all starts......:2cents:

Please no Kalif Barnes :doh:

Every1 is saying build threw the draft but we have 4 picks so building this year really isn't a possibility. we need a starter with the 13th pick and a future starter with our third rounder. But i no Haynesworth would b a lot of money but he would definataly b worth it for the next 5 years. He would help our LB's in the running game and no1 would move the ball on us on the ground. Then in the passing game he would have to b doubled so that would leave montgomery or golston (whoever wins the other starting job) one on one and Taylor and Carter on the ends one on one and we would instantly get a lot more pressure causing more sacks which would mean more fumbles and more hits on the QB which would b more INTs. Making a good defense instantly great

Of course... Why am I not surprised that someone is slobbering over Albert Haynesworth. No thank you.

Then how would you suggest we fix our pass rush? Sign more DEs? It will never work unless we have a push up the middle. Monty, Griff and Kedric arent cutting it. Raji is overrated. Jerry is too high of a reach at #13. So how do you suggest we fix it? With the best pocket collapsing DT in the game? Sounds like a solution to me.

Then how would you suggest we fix our pass rush? Sign more DEs? It will never work unless we have a push up the middle. Monty, Griff and Kedric arent cutting it. Raji is overrated. Jerry is too high of a reach at #13. So how do you suggest we fix it? With the best pocket collapsing DT in the game? Sounds like a solution to me.
At what cost though? This year is no different than all the others. We enter this portion of the year higher over the cap than any team. We have a lot of trimming to do without Haynesworth. I'd love to have the guy. Don't see how we can swing it. We need to nail down the CB situation, which won't be cheap.

At what cost though? This year is no different than all the others. We enter this portion of the year higher over the cap than any team. We have a lot of trimming to do without Haynesworth. I'd love to have the guy. Don't see how we can swing it. We need to nail down the CB situation, which won't be cheap.

We need to trim the fat basically. By cutting Springs and Griffin we can free up about 10 million.

Archived