Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

campbell vs ramsey

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I already showed you the stats earlier which showed the sack rate from the opp. 49-20 was ridiculously high. I love how you try to put most of the blame for the sacks on JC, as if he wasn't getting met behind the line and having to roll out of the pocket at times. Sure some sacks are on the QB, but more sacks are on the OL when the QB is met by a defender, or about to be, after a simple 3 step drop. Which makes more sense: An injury-plagued OL that lost starters as the season progressed allowing sacks after a long drive, or a QB getting himself sacked at a much higher rate in that area than any others? You're ignoring a lot of facts just to support your cause. Zorn even said in his interview at the combine yesterday that the opponents 49-20 was our biggest problem area, and he said it literally 1 day after I pointed the same information out to you. It is the line wearing down. And the Steelers game was no abberation as you're trying to proclaim. Those 7 sacks were all on the OL that game, so you have to consider them with the whole, you can't cherry pick just to suit your own ends.

again, this injury plagued oline that was getting manhandled in the steelers game somehow found time to regain strength to have portis rush for 143 yards against the seahawks on the road 3 weeks later? im not buying that. and maybe our oline looked terrible against the steelers because campbell cant pick up a blitz? or figure out where the holes are in a blitz happy scheme? frankly in the steelers game im not sure anyone was really injured at that point, i cant remember though. samuels was surely playing, as were both starting Gs and rabach. forget if heyer or jansen was in there. either way, campbell cant pick up a blitz to save his life and make teams pay for it, and thats why the ravens and steelers destroyed us.

again, i just dont see how this line thats wearing down somehow looks awful in certain weeks and not in others. the cowboys led the league in sacks, and somehow campbell was only sacked three times in the 2nd game. yet when our line was supposedly playing well, we gave up 4 sacks to the rams many weeks prior.

this whole notion of, "oh campbells regressing back to 07, lets just blame the oline" doesnt hold weight in my opinion.

Yeah, you're right, Eli and JC were sacked about the same amount in the redzone. Eli was sacked 2 times, JC 4. Only guess what else you've ignored? How many times each threw a pass in the redzone. Eli had 24 more pass attempts in the redzone, and was sacked 2 less times. But I'm sure that's all JC's fault too, right? :rolleyes:

maybe because eli throws the ball quicker? and doesnt stand there waiting for moss to get open or to stare down cooley only to get hurried? again, this goes back to campbell having slow reads and a slow release, things that kill QBs in the redzone. and youll never hear zorn say this, he'd lose his job lol.

Seems Campbell didn't have as much of a problem making blitz reads and not getting sacked the first half of the season when the OL was fresh and Samuels wasn't banged up, and Kendall could still practice during the week, and, well you get the picture, though you are ignoring it. And I already discussed the Bengals game with you. I saw it live. JC actually did a decent job in that game, he completed almost 61% of his passes, for 167 yards and 1 TD. Not a dominating performance, but not terrible either. I also pointed out Cooley's fumble when we got within scoring position, and the BS fumble by Sellers on the goalline. Were those Campbell's fault too? Just because it's a different day doesn't mean rehashed points that have already been refuted all of a sudden hold new merit.

again, campbell wasnt winning those early games, portis was. portis was destroying teams and making them pay. do you remember the last play of the first eagles game? 4th and 2 i think? there was no hole, portis made one on his own because thats the kinda gamer he is. i wish campbell could do what portis does. portis puts this team on his back for as long as he can, campbell just cant. again, if the team was wearing down when you said, how did we allow 4 sacks to the rams, a garbage team, when the line was supposedly healthy and practicing, yet we were still able to maul the seahawks on the road for 143 yards well after being bludgeoned by the steelers? it makes no sense.

Like I said, when 13 of the sacks come in one area out of just 160 or so pass attempts, and that area happens to be on the other side of the field, and it just so happens your star LT is injured and then out, and your young RT is injured and out and returns late but on the other side, and your guard can't practice during the week and your other guard is coming off a majory injury, as is the other RT, then it means the OL was wearing down. I don't know why you're so adimant about putting all the blame on JC. He does ned to improve but the stats are all clearly showing OL was the defecencie last season.

the OL definitely needs improvement, but i dont think putting a great oline behind campbell is going to make him great. this is my problem. if you gave him chris samuels, steve hutchinson, lecharles bentley 5 years ago, alan faneca, and orlando pace 8 years ago, i still dont think campbell throws more than 12 or 13 TDs. you said it in another thread that he doesnt take risks because the coaches tell him not to. im just not sure he can make NFL caliber throws on a consistent basis and score points.

BLC, what is the solution? Should the Redskins dump Campbell and go for Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman in the draft? Should we go all out in free agency for Warner or Garcia who has vapors left in the tank?

I look at the Panthers down here and they are in the conundrum this year with Jake Delhomme. He's average, always will be. But there isn't a solution this year to viably justify immediately dumping the problem.

theres a solution. its called, have an open competition in camp. give brennan his shot. if you watched in preseason last year, the guy can throw balls into ridiculous windows with pop and accuracy, which is what i like. yeah his motion is retarded, but so is romos. the guy came from a throw first offense, which is what we are supposed to be running. he'd have been a first round pick had he come out his junior year. but thats all besides the point. everyone deserves a shot, and he needs his.

if campbell is so much better, brennan will ride the pine. no big deal. and this is campbells last year to show what hes got (i hope most are in agreement about at least this).

if brennan and campbell are both failures, we go back to square one and draft another QB with our first pick in 10, and bring in a vet to run the team for a bit. ugly, but gotta try something.

i was adding the inside the 10 yard line to that, which made it the numbers i posted.

Look at the stats closely. JC had 13 touchdowns on the year. He couldn't have had 17 red zone TDs.

One stat is for 19-1 yard line. Another is for 9-1. Its overlapping stats.

this is so subjective because you have no clue how they teams got to that part of the field. it could have been one big pass play, or one big run, or 15 plays that took up 8 minutes. pure subjective thinking on this, youre just assuming that any time the team was in this area it was somehow after a long drive tiring the offense.

true. it is subjective. But lets go down this road a bit more.

How many big runs did Portis have?

He had 13 20+ runs and no 40+ runs.

How many big pass plays did we have?

Campbell had 3 plays over 40 yards and 34 plays over 20 yards.

And how many times did we have long drives?

Weren't we one of the better teams in terms of time of posession? I think that would indicate longer drives.

we played better defenses in the second half for sure. pitt and baltimore are the only teams that had insane defenses. we swept philly somehow, and split with the cowboys. the 2nd cowboys game portis was actually averaging 4.5 a carry but campbell could do nothing through the air and we ended up having to throw. cant run all game. NY is just a better overall team than we are, and campbell couldnt throw against them in week 1 with our fresh oline, or in week x with our supposed battered oline.

Yeah, but we played better defenses and one point about playing better defenses is that they allow less yards.

theres a solution. its called, have an open competition in camp. give brennan his shot. if you watched in preseason last year, the guy can throw balls into ridiculous windows with pop and accuracy, which is what i like. yeah his motion is retarded, but so is romos. the guy came from a throw first offense, which is what we are supposed to be running. he'd have been a first round pick had he come out his junior year. but thats all besides the point. everyone deserves a shot, and he needs his.

if campbell is so much better, brennan will ride the pine. no big deal. and this is campbells last year to show what hes got (i hope most are in agreement about at least this).

if brennan and campbell are both failures, we go back to square one and draft another QB with our first pick in 10, and bring in a vet to run the team for a bit. ugly, but gotta try something.

Do you have no concerns that those defending Campbell has viable complaints? Old offensive line, inadequate WRs, new system, etc. Would Brennan, or just for instance, someone already credible like Drew Brees not have the same problems with our offensive personnel/learning curve and be able to come in and start throwing a bunch of TDs?

Would Brennan, or just for instance, someone already credible like Drew Brees not have the same problems with our offensive personnel/learning curve and be able to come in and start throwing a bunch of TDs?

Who knows? Personally, I'd love to find out.

I honestly don't think Tom Brady would have much more success than JC behind our line and with our WR's. But there should always be an avenue for someone like CB to step up. I'm a firm believer in fair competition. And all the crap we heard over the years about protecting JC's ego is total crap. Part of the job. He handles it, or he doesn't.

Do you have no concerns that those defending Campbell has viable complaints? Old offensive line, inadequate WRs, new system, etc. Would Brennan, or just for instance, someone already credible like Drew Brees not have the same problems with our offensive personnel/learning curve and be able to come in and start throwing a bunch of TDs?

no i really dont. cooley is a probowl tight end. he is a monster. santana moss is a probowl receiver, well capable of putting up huge deep ball numbers, and getting YAC on slants and screens. ARE is overpaid but he can catch a ball and run. both our rookies are tall and have good hands, as is fred davis our other rookie. all of these guys are capable pass catching targets. have you looked at other teams rosters in terms of receivers? drew brees throws to a bunch of cast offs. colston missed lik half the season. eli throws to a bunch of mid round picks or guys no one has ever heard of. the dolphins finished 10th in the league in passing with a bunch of no names. hell, one of them was davone bess who was one of colt brennans receivers at hawaii that wasnt even drafted last season.

this whole system thing is so bunk. campbell has been playing with this line, these receivers, this running game for 3 seasons. i remember the excuse last year was that he wasnt on the same page with the receivers becuase they didnt practice together. havent heard that one in awhile. this is a system that he already knew from college supposedly, and frankly we werent running a WCO anyways. we were pretty much doing what we did with gibbs sadly. more power rushing up the middle, we just did a few more 4 WR sets this year.

the offensive line needs work, im not going to try and claim otherwise. but again, i dont think fixing the oline is going to fix whats wrong with campbell, and that is slow reads, slow release, staring down receivers, and inability to fit the ball into tight spots with accuracy. how many passes almost sailed over mosses head this season from him? hell, im glad moss has an 8 foot vertical.

brees could come in here with this oline and receivers and do just as well. so could a lot of QBs.

again, this injury plagued oline that was getting manhandled in the steelers game somehow found time to regain strength to have portis rush for 143 yards against the seahawks on the road 3 weeks later? im not buying that. and maybe our oline looked terrible against the steelers because campbell cant pick up a blitz? or figure out where the holes are in a blitz happy scheme? frankly in the steelers game im not sure anyone was really injured at that point, i cant remember though. samuels was surely playing, as were both starting Gs and rabach. forget if heyer or jansen was in there. either way, campbell cant pick up a blitz to save his life and make teams pay for it, and thats why the ravens and steelers destroyed us.

again, i just dont see how this line thats wearing down somehow looks awful in certain weeks and not in others. the cowboys led the league in sacks, and somehow campbell was only sacked three times in the 2nd game. yet when our line was supposedly playing well, we gave up 4 sacks to the rams many weeks prior.

this whole notion of, "oh campbells regressing back to 07, lets just blame the oline" doesnt hold weight in my opinion.

maybe because eli throws the ball quicker? and doesnt stand there waiting for moss to get open or to stare down cooley only to get hurried? again, this goes back to campbell having slow reads and a slow release, things that kill QBs in the redzone. and youll never hear zorn say this, he'd lose his job lol.

again, campbell wasnt winning those early games, portis was. portis was destroying teams and making them pay. do you remember the last play of the first eagles game? 4th and 2 i think? there was no hole, portis made one on his own because thats the kinda gamer he is. i wish campbell could do what portis does. portis puts this team on his back for as long as he can, campbell just cant. again, if the team was wearing down when you said, how did we allow 4 sacks to the rams, a garbage team, when the line was supposedly healthy and practicing, yet we were still able to maul the seahawks on the road for 143 yards well after being bludgeoned by the steelers? it makes no sense.

the OL definitely needs improvement, but i dont think putting a great oline behind campbell is going to make him great. this is my problem. if you gave him chris samuels, steve hutchinson, lecharles bentley 5 years ago, alan faneca, and orlando pace 8 years ago, i still dont think campbell throws more than 12 or 13 TDs. you said it in another thread that he doesnt take risks because the coaches tell him not to. im just not sure he can make NFL caliber throws on a consistent basis and score points.

You throw out the excuse line all the time, so I'm going to send it right back at you. The stats tell the story when you look at all of them, rather than just the ones that help your cause, and all you are doing is coming up with excuses which are unsubstantiated to help your cause, despite the fact that everything is saying otherwise.

Yes CP ran for 143 yards against the Seahawks and their middle-of-the-pack rush D, but you are ignoring that CP was banged up as the season progressed and his numbers overall dropped in the 2nd half as well. You point out his carries dropped, yet you never considered that his injuries may have caused a more limited role. How did CP fare in the last game of the season against San Fran? How about against the Bengals?

You say it's all JC not picking up the blitz, then why did the Lions sack him 3 times and the Ravens just 2 times? Why was he only sacked once against Philly the first time, but 3 times when we played them near the end of the season? All 3 division opponents sacked us more in the 2nd half of the season than they did in the first half, and that's on a game-to-game basis, not overall.

And now you've moved on to the excuse that JC can't read blitzes, eventhough you have no statistical evidence provided. First it's he can't read the defense, then it's he holds the ball too long, now it's he can't read blitzes. You chalk up any statistical evidence to counter what you say as "excuses", yet your evidence is solely observation and obviously biased, yet that is suppossed to carry more merit in your mind than what the stats are telling us? Please. If JC can't read blitzes, why was he sacked more this past season than the other 2 combined? The injuries and age of the OL coincide with the regression. Despite all these faults you are trying to asign solely to JC, he still improved in every statistical category from last year, where as the OL did not.

Maybe cuz Eli had a big possession receiver he could hurl the ball up in the air towards when he was in trouble?

Campbell's rating in the redzone, and his production, when broken down in the proper context of amount of pass attempts, was right in the same neighborhood as Cutler, Ryan, and Brees, just as I showed you the other day, which again directly contradicts your assertions about JC, especially in the redzone. Only Rodgers had less pass attempts than JC in the redzone, but JC was sacked the most of the other QBs previously mentioned, again as I already showed you. I even broke it down on a TD per pass attempt in the redzone basis, and JC measured up with those guys. If you're going to ignore stats, at least quit bringing up the same old points over and over when valid statistical evidence has been given to refute those claims.

Yeah, I wish Campbell could put the team on his back and put them in position to win. I wish he had done that in the Saints game, and I wish he had done that in the 49ers game when the rest of the team had given up. Oh wait. All those early games where CP was going over 120 yards, Campbell only had one game with a passer rating under 90. He didn't throw a single INT during that time either. But all the credit goes to CP because you've already made up your mind before you even looked at any statostics other than the ones which were low and you thought would help your cause.

Like I said, JC gets some blame too, I thought he should have tried to be a bit riskier down the stretch when the offense was stalling, but I said I understood him listening to his coach who may not have wanted him to do that. However, whereas I can admit there was fault with JC, because its a team game so fault lies everywhere, you can't admit that there may have been bigger problems elsewhere despite all the statistical evidence which suggests just that. You've already made up your mind without ever analyzing the season with something other than your biased eyes, and that's pretty sad because it means your purpose on here is to trash a player rather than discuss football.

JC does tend to hang onto the ball sometimes. I don't suppose that has anything to do with NOT HAVING RECEIVERS CAPABLE OF GETTING OPEN.

Or when Devin Thomas is RUNNING THE WRONG ROUTE. I mean seriously? What do you want JC to do when he thinks guys are running comebacks and they run streaks.....

Thats total BS dude. Campbell gets no credit when the skins win? But when they lose its HIS fault? WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO!?!?!

Yes CP ran for 143 yards against the Seahawks and their middle-of-the-pack rush D, but you are ignoring that CP was banged up as the season progressed and his numbers overall dropped in the 2nd half as well. You point out his carries dropped, yet you never considered that his injuries may have caused a more limited role. How did CP fare in the last game of the season against San Fran? How about against the Bengals?

every runningback gets banged up at that part of the season unless they are super young, which portis is not. his carries only dropped for two weeks, ravens and giants. we went back to pounding the bejesus out of him after that. cincy, phi2, san fran he pounded the ball for next to nothing because there was nothing else we could do. im pretty sure our whole staff knew campbell wasnt going to lead us anywhere, as he has never led this team like portis did. i think our staff was out of options at that point. i mean, why else do you run a guy into the ground like that? seems to me you only do that when youre out of offensive options. when the run game isnt working, you should be able to rely on a competent passing attack. we however, cannot.

You say it's all JC not picking up the blitz, then why did the Lions sack him 3 times and the Ravens just 2 times? Why was he only sacked once against Philly the first time, but 3 times when we played them near the end of the season? All 3 division opponents sacked us more in the 2nd half of the season than they did in the first half, and that's on a game-to-game basis, not overall.

id have to go back and watch the lions game, but the lions arent a blitz happy team. these could have been coverage sacks from him holding the ball way too long. the ravens game the blitz killed him, he had a low comp percentage, and they were in his face all game. expected against the ravens.

he also threw the ball more in each game against division opponents.

And now you've moved on to the excuse that JC can't read blitzes, eventhough you have no statistical evidence provided. First it's he can't read the defense, then it's he holds the ball too long, now it's he can't read blitzes. You chalk up any statistical evidence to counter what you say as "excuses", yet your evidence is solely observation and obviously biased, yet that is suppossed to carry more merit in your mind than what the stats are telling us? Please. If JC can't read blitzes, why was he sacked more this past season than the other 2 combined? The injuries and age of the OL coincide with the regression. Despite all these faults you are trying to asign solely to JC, he still improved in every statistical category from last year, where as the OL did not.

its all of the above. hes not a good QB lol. and you have no statisitcal evidence other than you claiming "the oline wore down". sack numbers mean nothing because you have no way to show why the sack occurred. did he hold the ball too long? or did the oline just give way because they suck? if you could go watch every sack and count the time he had to throw, youd have a point. if i could get my skins games to work properly on my computer id do it this weekend. id bet money that most of them he held the ball too long. and yeah he improved 1 TD, 5 less INTs, and his comp percentage went from 60 to 62. this is nothing drastic to get excited about.

Maybe cuz Eli had a big possession receiver he could hurl the ball up in the air towards when he was in trouble?

dont go here, cooley is 6'4 and campbell didnt connect with him once the entire season for a TD.

Campbell's rating in the redzone, and his production, when broken down in the proper context of amount of pass attempts, was right in the same neighborhood as Cutler, Ryan, and Brees, just as I showed you the other day, which again directly contradicts your assertions about JC, especially in the redzone. Only Rodgers had less pass attempts than JC in the redzone, but JC was sacked the most of the other QBs previously mentioned, again as I already showed you. I even broke it down on a TD per pass attempt in the redzone basis, and JC measured up with those guys. If you're going to ignore stats, at least quit bringing up the same old points over and over when valid statistical evidence has been given to refute those claims.

his production based on what? my point with these other QBs was that they throw TDs in the redzone and JC doesnt. any evidence you wanna bring up is gonna be smoke and mirrors to mask the fact that those QBs throw TDs in the redzone and our QB doesnt. and leave ryan out of it, hes a rookie, his numbers shouldnt be included, good or bad.

and again, until you can prove why he was sacked its all subjective.

Yeah, I wish Campbell could put the team on his back and put them in position to win. I wish he had done that in the Saints game, and I wish he had done that in the 49ers game when the rest of the team had given up. Oh wait. All those early games where CP was going over 120 yards, Campbell only had one game with a passer rating under 90. He didn't throw a single INT during that time either. But all the credit goes to CP because you've already made up your mind before you even looked at any statostics other than the ones which were low and you thought would help your cause.

yeah, he put the team on his back by throwing one nice pass. in 36 games thats what youve got, that he threw a nice pass to take the lead in the saints game this season.

and yes, *most of the credit goes to CP. candle just wasnt turning the ball over, again, playing not to lose, the joe gibbs 2.0 QB way. ive already admitted candle is great at playing not to lose. hes a prevent offense QB. portis was chewing up the clock, breaking off big runs against good defenses, and putting the team on his back to win games. candle doesnt do this, i wish he did, but he doesnt.

Like I said, JC gets some blame too, I thought he should have tried to be a bit riskier down the stretch when the offense was stalling, but I said I understood him listening to his coach who may not have wanted him to do that. However, whereas I can admit there was fault with JC, because its a team game so fault lies everywhere, you can't admit that there may have been bigger problems elsewhere despite all the statistical evidence which suggests just that. You've already made up your mind without ever analyzing the season with something other than your biased eyes, and that's pretty sad because it means your purpose on here is to trash a player rather than discuss football.

yes, fault lies everywhere, but i believe candle is the biggest problem. again like other posters have said, we can revamp the line, get a younger runningback, get taller receivers and better route runners.............or we can just try someone else behind center? much easier to replace one guy instead of 10.

Thats total BS dude. Campbell gets no credit when the skins win? But when they lose its HIS fault? WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO!?!?!

campbell doesnt win games. he just doesnt lose them. this is old news. hell, dude i worked with who went to auburn, watched every JC college game told me before the 07 season "dude is never gonna lose games for you, but hes never gonna win one". we had a bet that candle would lead at least one come from behind game winning drive in 07.

i lost that bet.

Our QB problems all relate directly to our OL. They suck. We lose our TE as a receiver because he has to stay in and block. We lose CP as a dumpoff guy who could help JC beat the blitz because he has to stay in and block. The other DB's only have Moss and ARE to cover. That's still not enough because our OL is so porous. I'm not knocking CB at all, and I'm not saying JC is all that, but until we get our OL up to speed, it is pointless to even discuss a QB change. As far as Ramsey goes, I liked the kid but will never forget his shellshocked pocket presence or that deer in the headlights look.

"You can talk about the quarterback and the lack of a pass rush all you want, but this team's collapse in the second half of last season coincided with the breakdown of the offensive line. Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels, a former first-round pick, suffered a season-ending injury and veteran players such as Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas and Pete Kendall appeared to wear down. Kendall is an unrestricted free agent and coach Jim Zorn revealed Thursday that Thomas recently underwent surgery for a neck injury."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...der-wraps.html

And that's coming from Mosely, an outside source. I guess Moseley is a JC apologist now, lol. But please BLC, keep up with your delusions with no statistical backing, I just made a bag of popcorn and could use some entertainment.

"You can talk about the quarterback and the lack of a pass rush all you want, but this team's collapse in the second half of last season coincided with the breakdown of the offensive line. Pro Bowl left tackle Chris Samuels, a former first-round pick, suffered a season-ending injury and veteran players such as Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas and Pete Kendall appeared to wear down. Kendall is an unrestricted free agent and coach Jim Zorn revealed Thursday that Thomas recently underwent surgery for a neck injury."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0...der-wraps.html

And that's coming from Mosely, an outside source. I guess Moseley is a JC apologist now, lol. But please BLC, keep up with your delusions with no statistical backing, I just made a bag of popcorn and could use some entertainment.

wow dude, an ex cowboys beat writter and espn blogger for your proof.

thats embarrassing.

Seriously....calling him Candle is most childish immature ridiculous thing I have ever seen on an internet messege board. It makes everything you say after it mean nothing to me.

It always strikes me as very odd when people are discussing a person who they either call names directly or make fun of/bash in their sig/express extreme displeasure with, etc., and expert their opinions on them to be taken seriously despite the blatant bias.

Our QB problems all relate directly to our OL. They suck. We lose our TE as a receiver because he has to stay in and block. We lose CP as a dumpoff guy who could help JC beat the blitz because he has to stay in and block. The other DB's only have Moss and ARE to cover. That's still not enough because our OL is so porous. I'm not knocking CB at all, and I'm not saying JC is all that, but until we get our OL up to speed, it is pointless to even discuss a QB change. As far as Ramsey goes, I liked the kid but will never forget his shellshocked pocket presence or that deer in the headlights look.

It's also very possible that defensive coordinators saw that this team was either unwilling or unable to go deep so they brought their safeties up. Suddenly, the holes are not there for CP and the blitzes are more effective. A few simple deep connections could have backed them off and made the entire offense more effective. It's a chicken-and-egg theory, but all of these units feed off of each other.

wow dude, an ex cowboys beat writter and espn blogger for your proof.

thats embarrassing.

Uhh, no, my many posts with statistical evidence, and my assertions being supported by Zorn (biggest problem at the opponents 49-20) and Moslely (Offense regression coinciding with injuries on the OL) just a day later is my proof. Moseley is an outside source, and since he's an ex-Cowboy, wouldn't that give him more reason to trash the QB?

Embarrassing is sticking with a biased opinion despite statistics and people more qualified than you or I suggesting otherwise.

It's also very possible that defensive coordinators saw that this team was either unwilling or unable to go deep so they brought their safeties up. Suddenly, the holes are not there for CP and the blitzes are more effective. A few simple deep connections could have backed them off and made the entire offense more effective. It's a chicken-and-egg theory, but all of these units feed off of each other.

but is that the fault of the QB or the playcallers not calling deep plays or the WRs not being able to get open deep? or a combination of all of them?

Archived