Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley: 'I'm better' than Witten

GreenRiggins

As much as I love Cooley, he seems to kill us with fumbles at the most inopportune times. In just 5 seasons he already has 7 fumbles. By comparison Witten only has 3 in 6 seasons. To put this in perspective, Portis rushed the ball 342 times last season, whereas Cooley only had 83 receptions, yet they each fumbled the ball 3 times despite Portis touching the ball 259 more times.

Jason Witten - Has played one more year then cooley.

429 Receptions

4,935 Yards

11.5 Average

25 TDs

Chris Cooley

314 Receptions

3,457 Yards

11.0 Average

28 TDs

I am sorry, but Cooley has played a year less then Witten and has more TDs, .5 yard average less, and under 1500 less yards. This is also on a team that did pass the ball a lot.

I would rather have Cooley. Even if you argue that Witten is better, there is no way he is that much better to warrant having him over Cooley.

Give Cooley the same number of years playing as Witten and based on his average he would have:

A little under 400 receptions

4,200 Yards

34 TDs

Thats a good bit more TDs then Witten and right around the same in regards to receptions and yardage.

Witten is good, no doubt, but I dont get the people who act like Cooley isnt just as good.

I have always thought of Chris Cooley as better, but these stats kind of cement it for me. Either way I am bias.

HTTR

I think Cooley and Witten are very similar TEs. The main differences are that Witten is a better blocker and Cooley is a more explosive TE. Cooley reminds me more of a WR than a traditional TE, whereas I can only imagine Witten as a TE.

True about Witten's blocking, it is better than Cooley's. As far as the WR thing, I am not so sure about. Cooley is a little more nimble than Witten. They have about the same hands, and route running ability. Cooley seems to always brake tackles, but I think he fumbles more.

As someone stated earlier in the forums, its apples to apples. I'd take either.

I'd taken Witten over Yoder and Davis any day of the week :D I'd trade them both for Witt :2cents:

If I could only have one, I'd take Cooooley, but it would be a pretty hard decision, this team runs A LOT... Witten I think is a better blocker on the bigger lineman than CC47, as far as running after the catch, seems witten is looking for the hit rather than dodging it for 4-5 extra yards...

I can't believe all the "well it's close" posts. One is a Redskin and the other wears that stupid blue start on his hat! That should be the end of the discussion right there. Anyone remember Alvin Harper, Deion, Norv???? Haven't we learned our lesson about cowgirl retreads??!!!

:applause::applause::applause:

Cooley is great. And the least of our problems is our "inconsistent" QB in Campbell. Got to give him some credit for delivering the ball to Cooley. Give him an O-line and he'll be great. He has all the physical skills, and he has ice water in his veins. Early in the year that was interpreted as "calm under fire" and then that became "aloof and aww shucks." Campbell has more talent than any QB we've had since Ryp and we need to let him develop.

You think JC has more talent than Trent Green and Brad Johnson in their primes?

But, I digress. Cooley is the man. I would take him over Witten any day of the week and three times on Sunday. However, I want Cooley to keep his head in the game. He dropped some passes this season that were sure-fire catches for him. I don't know if penisgate got to him or the wedding bells, but sometimes he hasn't seemed as focus as he should be.

After watching the ProBowl in person in row 6 right behind the NFC team, I have to say that Cooley is a hard worker. You don't catch all of that on TV. He was running up and down the field on special teams all day long and always ready to play when the offense was up. Not a pure "exhibition" game at all. With that kind of work ethic, a character that prevents him from throwing people under the bus as so many others are wont to do, and investing his good fortune back into the community and the youth... yeah- I pick Cooley.

Archived