Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol Season 8 and Season 9

Hitman#21

I can agree with that trend...seems like the minorities are just not lasting this year. Big Mike will go to the top 12 though.
No it doesn't really mateer that they are minorities to me (and I am assuming you) But the fact remains that week after week the minorities are getting voted off. Joe wasn't going to win, but he got voted off first the week and he was much better than mullet boy and tim urban. Michelle (hot) and Angela (not sure on the name) were both much better than half the girls when they were voted off. Oh, but the church singer with the backwards suspenders was terrible and deserved to get voted off

are you guys serious? It has nothing to do with these people being "minorities". I get pissed when people even suggest that has anything to do with the voting. Like how people were saying Adam Lambert lost last year because he was gay.

It has NOTHING to do with their skin color!! I don't disagree with anybody who has been booted off so far, save for maybe Lilly. Most of the contestants aren't picking good songs and they're just not likeable.

Honestly, this season is boring. I haven't been this bored of a season than when Fantasia won (I stopped watching in the middle of that season).

I can't see any of these contestants as an American Idol. Maybe Danny Garcia. Everyone else is BORING.

are you guys serious? It has nothing to do with these people being "minorities". I get pissed when people even suggest that has anything to do with the voting. Like how people were saying Adam Lambert lost last year because he was gay.

It has NOTHING to do with their skin color!! I don't disagree with anybody who has been booted off so far, save for maybe Lilly. Most of the contestants aren't picking good songs and they're just not likeable.

Honestly, this season is boring. I haven't been this bored of a season than when Fantasia won (I stopped watching in the middle of that season).

I can't see any of these contestants as an American Idol. Maybe Danny Garcia. Everyone else is BORING.

I brought up the minority thing. Don't you think its odd that an Asian, 2 Hispanics, and 3 Black contestants have been voted off? Maybe it is just a coincidence. I just think its odd. I really don't care because I don't think any of those contestants would have won and they all would have been voted off eventually. I just didn't think they would be voted off in a row. Adam Lambert lost because Chris Allen was better and Paula picked the worst song ever performed on Idol for Danny Gokey to sing.

No it doesn't really mateer that they are minorities to me (and I am assuming you) But the fact remains that week after week the minorities are getting voted off. Joe wasn't going to win, but he got voted off first the week and he was much better than mullet boy and tim urban. Michelle (hot) and Angela (not sure on the name) were both much better than half the girls when they were voted off. Oh, but the church singer with the backwards suspenders was terrible and deserved to get voted off

You say it doesn't matter to you but in the same paragraph you seem to have a problem that most of the contestants that were voted off recently were minorities.

John Park sucked, Jermaine Sellers sucked, and Haley Vaughn sucked. They all deserved to be sent home. Michelle did a boring Creed song that got her sent home the other week and I think Joe should've stayed longer. I'm not sure if you're insinuating that these people were sent home because they happen to be minorities or what but for the most part, the right people have been sent home, save for a few screw-ups which happens every year.

Terrible decision tonight to vote off the mullet kid. He was one of the best on there.

And the wannabe Mazzy Star girl. She was also good.

They should have booted the annoying young boy.

The mullet boy could sing, he was just too nervous. I didn't really care for him, so it didn't effect me that he was sent off. I bet if he had a better haircut he wouldn't have been kicked off thought. 14 year old girls are not going to vote for a dude with a mullet. If I were a judge, that would have been the first thing I told him.

I was shocked that Lilly was sent home. I expected her to be in the top 6. As I said in previous posts, I think she is talented but has a bad attitude

I am not saying they got kicked off because of their race, but to say race and diversity does not have an effect on voting is just naive...

I mean it shouldn't be that way, but there are voters out there who won't/will vote for a respective diverse contestant. That is a fact, it may not be as prevalent nowadays, but it is still a factor.

I think Alex should have staid, and Aaron should have been booted. I thought Lilly was unique, but she didn't appeal enough to the American Idol audience, glad she came out though.

jobaga,

I don't really think it's relevant or matters at all. I mean, you are picking a winner to a contest by allowing America to vote...so all prejudices are kind of factored into the decision-making process.

I don't think this contest would have a couple minority winners so far if America had proven to be incapable of voting objectively.

jobaga,

I don't really think it's relevant or matters at all. I mean, you are picking a winner to a contest by allowing America to vote...so all prejudices are kind of factored into the decision-making process.

I don't think this contest would have a couple minority winners so far if America had proven to be incapable of voting objectively.

if you look over my posts, I have never used the word racist or unfair or biased. I was simply stating a fact. I am sorry that I have offended anyone. I just noticed a trend and commented on it. If this makes you uncomfortable, I apologize. But the facts are the facts, it is not up to me to determine why America is voting they way they have.

Looks like there are a couple of aholes in here that keep bringing up ethnicity.

Name calling? Is that necessary? The funny thing is you just brought up ethnicity, so I guess you can join the a-hole club. I guess I am the president and you can be the sergeant of arms.

I thought last night was pretty good.

Didi was great, Big Mike was alright. Crystal was prety damn good too. I think they kind of killed Lee, but I thought he actually did pretty well.

Lacey needs to go, also I think Andrew Garcia is in trouble.

if you look over my posts, I have never used the word racist or unfair or biased. I was simply stating a fact. I am sorry that I have offended anyone. I just noticed a trend and commented on it. If this makes you uncomfortable, I apologize. But the facts are the facts, it is not up to me to determine why America is voting they way they have.

I wasn't offended at all. I just commented on your facts by stating I think it's a coincidence.

I thought last night was pretty good.

Didi was great, Big Mike was alright. Crystal was prety damn good too. I think they kind of killed Lee, but I thought he actually did pretty well.

Lacey needs to go, also I think Andrew Garcia is in trouble.

Mike I don't get. I think he's so-so, but the judges rave over him each week. I thought Lee's "Beast of Burden" was excellent but they panned it for some reason. Not dramatic enough. Siohban is making herself into a star. She's got the theatrics along with the voice to back it up. I like Didi more than the judges, apparently, though they finally gave her some props.

I liked what Andrew Garcia did with Gimme Shelter. The judges didn't, other than Ellen.

Mike I don't get. I think he's so-so, but the judges rave over him each week. I thought Lee's "Beast of Burden" was excellent but they panned it for some reason. Not dramatic enough. Siohban is making herself into a star. She's got the theatrics along with the voice to back it up. I like Didi more than the judges, apparently, though they finally gave her some props.

I liked what Andrew Garcia did with Gimme Shelter. The judges didn't, other than Ellen.

Siohban is good and VERY unique...I just think ultimately she is going to become annoying, like adam was from last year. She is hot, in that weird kinky way...

I thought Andrew Garcia's performance was ok last night...I actually really liked his Fall out Boy's song awhile back that the judges hated.

I agree with all of this 100 percent. I liked Gimme Shelter a lot, but I knew the judges wouldn't. I'm starting to come around on Didi and I think Big Mike is good but the judges like him a lot more than I would expect. Out of all of the guys I like Lee the best so far.

Siohban is hands down my favorite contestant this season. She really does remind me of Adam Lambert last year, whom I was a huge fan of.

Siohban is good and VERY unique...I just think ultimately she is going to become annoying, like adam was from last year. She is hot, in that weird kinky way...

I thought Andrew Garcia's performance was ok last night...I actually really liked his Fall out Boy's song awhile back that the judges hated.

I love Siobhan. I like Garcia, but he was terrible last night! No one (I mean NO ONE) was worse than Tim Urban! What was he thinking?

I agree with all of this 100 percent. I liked Gimme Shelter a lot, but I knew the judges wouldn't. I'm starting to come around on Didi and I think Big Mike is good but the judges like him a lot more than I would expect. Out of all of the guys I like Lee the best so far.

Siohban is hands down my favorite contestant this season. She really does remind me of Adam Lambert last year, whom I was a huge fan of.

I agree, except I never liked AL because I thought he screamed too much. I really liked the young kid who sang Angie. Its early, but I'm calling a Siobhan, Lee, (young kid) final...with Big Mike and Crystal in the top 5

I love Siobhan. I like Garcia, but he was terrible last night! No one (I mean NO ONE) was worse than Tim Urban! What was he thinking?
I agree, except I never liked AL because I thought he screamed too much. I really liked the young kid who sang Angie. Its early, but I'm calling a Siobhan, Lee, (young kid) final...with Big Mike and Crystal in the top 5

I agree about the projected top 5. And Tim Urban sucked ass last night. I see him and Lacey as the next two gone. I think Tim will be gone tonight.

I agree about the projected top 5. And Tim Urban sucked ass last night. I see him and Lacey as the next two gone. I think Tim will be gone tonight.

I don't like Lacey, but I think she has a lot of fans. When she sang Landslide it was terrible and she wasn't voted off. She has been the worst girl every week and is still here to torture us with another awful rendition of a good song.

I never watch American Idol once the audition shows are done with, but I caught last night just to see some of the Rolling Stone covers.

That guy's cover of "Gimme Shelter" was awful. I think Kara was spot on. If you're going to try to sing that song, sing it like you mean it. There's a lot of aggression and desperation in those lyrics considering what it's all about, and he sang it so damn passively.

Whether he planned it or he just can't sing in that style, he took the depth of that song and just tossed it out the window.

Archived