Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol Season 8 and Season 9

Hitman#21

Lee had a nice run the last few weeks, but Crystal absolutely destroyed him lastnight. Still up in the air as to who will when, but I imagine it will be a very, very close vote. My vote goes to Crystal and she will have more of a successful career then Lee IMO.

I almost think Lee would benefit more from the Idol machinery that comes with a win, and that Crystal could do better independent of the Idol crown, ala Chris Daughtry and other runners up.

I've come to like both of them. To me they represent what is cool about the show. Simon touched on it again last night. In a matter of months, a kid can go from a Chicago paint store worker to one of the most recognizable faces in the country. He's got definite talent, and it's a dream come true for him. And Crystal has been plugging away since she was a pre-teen, writing songs and singing in bars and county fairs. I heard her say one of her coolest moments was when she did the home town visit and people were singing along to one of her original songs. That blew her away.

So good for both of them, regardless of what happens tonight.

In terms of pure musical talent, America got that one wrong.

I agree with this. Lee is just your typical raspy rock/pop singer. Good, but one of hundreds. Crystal had a really nice tone and quality.

OTOH, Lee's reaction to winning was awesome, genuine, and just really cool to see. He was truly overwhelmed and it carried into his song which he could barely sing.

I thought the girl was better though... but maybe I just like that folk/blues/alt vibe a bit better. I still think she had a much better vocal instrument.

Archived