Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sicko

killerbee99

It's all true. No part of that movie was emphasized or edited to prove the point of the creator. Cuba has the world's best health care.

Hey I was just asking.....how americans are getting denied healthcare insurance left and right....like seriously.....AMA buying of senators. Wow.

paging dr keeastman. dr keeastman to the podium please.

Oh shut up Mike, lol.

To be honest, I can't really even speak to the movie as I only made it about 10 minutes in before totally going off on a rant to my roommates about how manipulative and misleading it was...at which point I think we changed the channel to "The Girls Next Door" or something equally as mentally stimulating.

Our overall healthcare system is broken, especially regarding access to care for the general population. But the smarmy way Moore goes about propagandizing this issue (as well as other issues) with his documentaries really pisses me off. And his crap about Cuba is absurd.

Whenever I Moore is brought up, I still remember when one of my friends said he'd be in favor of paying for high-velocity transcortical lead therapy for Moore, lol. Really bad, but I laughed.

Actually, come to think about it, my wife twisted her ankle Chritmas eve on our slick driveway....went to the emergency room, 1 hour wait, did an x ray said it was a slight strain, and later we received a bill saying that visit cost Almost $700 and that our insurance covered only 550 and I had to pay the difference...$700 for a freaking ankle sprain.....this country's health care system is broken.....period

Hey I was just asking.....how americans are getting denied healthcare insurance left and right....like seriously.....AMA buying of senators. Wow.

Seriously though... there is more truth in this movie than in any other Michael Moore movie. I've seen 'em all and this one is the most unbiased he's made. That said, it's still incredibly biased and there was a lot of editing involved.

There is something to say about the companies that are taking your money and are in charge of your health and well being. They need to maximize profits. Does this mean substandard care? Maybe, maybe not.

Actually, come to think about it, my wife twisted her ankle Chritmas eve on our slick driveway....went to the emergency room, 1 hour wait, did an x ray said it was a slight strain, and later we received a bill saying that visit cost Almost $700 and that our insurance covered only 550 and I had to pay the difference...$700 for a freaking ankle sprain.....this country's health care system is broken.....period

A $150 copay on an ER visit including an x-ray is actually really inexpensive.

Seriously though... there is more truth in this movie than in any other Michael Moore movie. I've seen 'em all and this one is the most unbiased he's made. That said, it's still incredibly biased and there was a lot of editing involved.

There is something to say about the companies that are taking your money and are in charge of your health and well being. They need to maximize profits. Does this mean substandard care? Maybe, maybe not.

Actually I'd say Bowling for Columbine was a pretty bias-free movie. I really liked that one. Fahrenheit 9/11 got my blood boiling as a raging lib:silly:, but it wasn't that good of a movie. I haven't actually seen Sicko yet, but I might check it out at some point.

A $150 copay on an ER visit including an x-ray is actually really inexpensive.

I pay $50 for ER visits. I've only been once in 8 years. But oh wait... I pay $250 a month for my damn health care. Goddamn crooks if you ask me.

Actually I'd say Bowling for Columbine was a pretty bias-free movie. I really liked that one. Fahrenheit 9/11 got my blood boiling as a raging lib:silly:, but it wasn't that good of a movie. I haven't actually seen Sicko yet, but I might check it out at some point.

Bowling for Columbine wasn't all that bad... unless you like guns. I found it rather humorous and more of a comedy at the time.

IMO Bowling for Columbine was a good movie with several valid points that get missed by people who write Moore off as a smarmy d-bag.

I pay $50 for ER visits. I've only been once in 8 years. But oh wait... I pay $250 a month for my damn health care. Goddamn crooks if you ask me.

I'm not saying otherwise. I'm not defending the insurance companies here. I'm saying $150 is not a lot for an ER visit. I'm also saying drawing the conclusion that our system is broken based on a $150 ER copay is a bit ridiculous. That's not even the tip of the iceberg of our healthcare problems.

IMO Bowling for Columbine was a good movie with several valid points that get missed by people who write Moore off as a smarmy d-bag.

I agree. There wasn't really much in there that was supporting gun bans or anything like that. It was more of a look at our society. I don't think NRA people appreciated it though.;)

This coming from a raging lib gun nut (random combo, I know).

Archived