Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The big Four

alwaysaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Really?

Trading back 7 places and getting what is essentially another 1st round pick (#33)? I would take that trade 11 times out of 10. We would likely be able to get one of the top 3 DT's and pick up someone like Loadholt at RT.

That being said, there's no way the lions make that trade. They need lot's of players and the don't need to be trading up for anyone.

Well I view it as Oher being a top 5 or 6 pick talent-wise. He would fall to us because of the luck of having so many top OLTs in 1 draft--kinda like Rothelisburger to Manning and Rivers. Would anyone trade their 5th or 6th pick for that package of the 20th and a second round pick? No.

Trading back isnt always the best option. The Lions -just like Atlanta traded 2 2nd rd picks for the #22-would make that trade because starting OLTs are a premium in the league and they just drafted a QB they dont want to get killed.

It would be really nice to nab Oher. The guy has a huge upside and even if he were to be a bust down the line at least we went with the guy who has probably the most talent and upside and fits one of our biggest needs. And thats all i ask is that they at least draft the right positions if at all possible. If not then the best talent available is cool.

To note we're not drafting a starting LT and probably won't have to even worry about that for 2 years or more. We can afford to trade back and pick someone like Loadholt. I don't know enough about Britton to say he isn't worth the 13th pick, but the league has gone offensive tackle crazy if 5 of the top 13 picks are OT's.

I think with all the tackles in the draft the skins are gonna get lucky. I like Everyone but Jason Smith. He is more of a project and we need someone to step right in. Andre Smith is a beast and yes there are weight problems but i say we would be lucky to plug him in at right tackle for 2-3 years while he is becoming a veteran. Then switch him and Samuels. Then Oher. 3rd is Monroe.

I would prefer BJ RAJI but then Oher..but ofr some reason I think all four tackles are off the board when the skins pick raiders, jags, seahawks, lions could all go o-line

If the Seahawks don't pick Crabtree they are crazy. I would be very surprised with an O-line pick out of them.

That being said, there's no way the lions make that trade. They need lot's of players and the don't need to be trading up for anyone.

I agree with you...maybe if Matt Millen was still running the show, but with Martin Mayhew as the GM they have a competent, up and coming GM that would never ever make that trade.

Word is Lions may not be even considering Stafford...

They shouldn't, ideally they would move out of that pick, unfortunately for the Lions there is no sure fire #1 prospect (worth moving up for) and moving the first pick in a draft is next to impossible.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3745613

"Ole Miss OT Oher, Georgia LB Ellerbe among prospects whose stock is falling"

"1. Ole Miss OT Michael Oher

There are times when Oher is flat-out dominant. There are other times, though, when he is beaten by a clearly inferior opponent. That inconsistency is maddening and makes it difficult for a scout to stamp Oher with a high grade. While he possesses the physical tools to warrant top-15 consideration, it will be interesting to see if he slips to the bottom half of the first round -- or beyond -- because of concerns regarding his work ethic, motor and overall toughness. "

That was Dec. 5, I don't know if anything has changed with that scouting report.

However, it doesn't bother me. Joe Bugel can get more out of his players than anyone so if the only knock on Oher is inconsistency, then I'd take him and let Buges work with him. I think it would be fixed by the end of his first year.

Moreover, if that inconsistency knock makes him fall down other team's boards, I'd love to see us trade back and still be able to get him.

Why is everyone so high on Oher? From the draft boards I am seeing, he is ranked 4th out of the big 4 OT in this year's draft.

Is it because people think the others will be gone or do people think he really is the best?

He has the highest ceiling i think. Andre Smith is VASTLY overrated to me. His footwork isnt good and he has major weight issues. Jason Smith is a below average run blocker. Monroe is the best but he shouldnt be there at 13 and Oher should be.

He has the highest ceiling i think. Andre Smith is VASTLY overrated to me. His footwork isnt good and he has major weight issues. Jason Smith is a below average run blocker. Monroe is the best but he shouldnt be there at 13 and Oher should be.

This is a major reason I want BJ Raji. The only one of these Big 4 I really like is Eugene Monroe, but he may end up being the #1 pick. All the other guys have major question marks. It is true Raji does also, but the question marks for him are less concerning.

Mayock likes Jason Smith, so I'm inclined to choose him. What I'd really like to do is trade back and get a guy like Eugene Monroe, or maybe even Brian Cushing. Cushing has impressed me every time I've seen him play, and I caught an interview he did earlier today and that was highly, highly impressive. Seems like a good kid with a great motor and a solid work ethic. Even though he isn't a lineman, I'd be willing to make an exception if a guy like that is still around. he's gonna be a player.

So I've been thinking about this a lot today and when you break the four of them down, you really have to make a choice about what is best for your franchise moving forward. The question is, what skills are most important to you and what do you think you can improve about the player.

Michael Oher

-Probably the most talented of the group, but has the most inconsistent motor/technique too and might not give you 100% all the time. Can Bugel get him motivated to give you everything he's got every down?

Jason Smith

-Probably has the most upside of the group, but has the least experience. He's a converted tight end and is probably the quickest. He has the best footwork of the group, but needs work on his technique. Can Bugel maximize his potential?

Andre Smith

-The biggest of the group with the most power. Is strong in run support, but can get beat by speed rushers on the edge. Is his weight going to be an issue? Can Bugel keep him in proper shape to contribute all the time?

Eugene Monroe

-Probably the most polished of the group. He is very intelligent and has great character. His size is prototypical and is very agile, considering his frame. The lineage of Brandon Albert and D'Brickishaw Ferguson coming from UVA helps him as well. His toughness/mean streak has been the concern. Can Bugel toughen him up and mold him into a true hog/dirtbag?

I think the real question is which of those questions can Joe Bugel answer the best? Which of those issues can Bugel handle the best to get the most out of that particular draft pick?

Archived