Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The big Four

alwaysaskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Michael Oher hands down is my choice. His pass blocking is phenominal and his run blocking is good. I wouldn't touch Andre Smith with a 10 foot pole. He has weight issues and his footwork is below average. Jason Smith would be my second choice followed by Monroe.

I definitely think Oher is the most physically talented guy out there, and while his story is amazing, I think he also has a high bust factor.

On the other hand, I think Jason Smith is a guy that is going to be able to play at a high level for ten years. He might not be the dominant guy that Oher can be, but I think he'll end up being better value in the long term.

So, long story short, I think we have a legitimate shot at Jason Smith and I think we need to jump on him. We'd probably need to trade up for Oher, while Smith should be there at 13.

IMO, I think Oher is the best OT in the draft; he's good enough to start at LT from day one. If he's at pick #13, I would jump all over him.

If he is at 13, I can bet you Detroit would want to trade up and pick him up. Would you take the 20th pick and detroit's second rounder for Oher at 13?

I wouldn't

Let me preface this by saying I don't watch any college football.

I picked Monroe. last year, Eugene Monroe and Brandon Albert played LT & LG at Virgina respectively. KC trades up to get Albert in the draft last year and right away plug him in as their starting LT. The guy had a pretty good year for a rookie LT, and anyone good enough to keep Albert out of a starting LT is more than good enough in my books.

I am suprised that Oher is the front runner so far. I read some things that did not impress me, I'll have to watch some film later on NFL network when they do their draft special to really make up my mind.

I do not want that Smith kid from Bama though. He looks like he would be a project that could quickly turn into a bust.

I really like Eugene Monroe. He is great all around. Athletic great pass blocker and run blocker. I also like Oher and Jason Smith. I'm not sure about Andre Smith though. He's strong and a great run blocker. He just not good with speed rushers. I think he could be a great RT or G but I'm not sold on him as a franchise LT. Because of this, I have a felling he will fall and we will draft him. Lets just hope he's as good as another LT from Alabama. I think there is a valid comparison there., but Samuels didnt have the weight issues plus Samuels is a way better pass blocker. If smith is there at 13 I would definately take him though. His run blocker is just nasty. Put him on the right side opposite Samuels and our running game would be sick.

If he is at 13, I can bet you Detroit would want to trade up and pick him up. Would you take the 20th pick and detroit's second rounder for Oher at 13?

I wouldn't

My friend, you wouldn't even have to ask me twice.

If for some reason the opportunity presents itself and we finagle this trade and parlay one pick into two, I'd be a happy camper.

I wouldn't

If BJ Raji is also gone, then yes. I would then use the 20th pick on Eben Britton and the 2nd rounder on Sen'Derrick Marks or Peria Jerry.

Jason Smith is the best O-Lineman coming out of the draft. That begin said, he won't be avail when we pick but if he is, we have to pick him.

Just curious, y do u think he's the best. I know he's a former TE and very athletic but I think he's the worst run blocker of the 4. Still good though, but probably the best overall pass blocker. With all that said I think 1 of the 4 will fall to us. I'd be estatic with any of them.

I wouldn't

HELL NO!

If we could get a first next season and a 2nd this year then probably. We aren't picking #13 by lucky chance (like the Pats last season). We NEED help. Everything depends on what happens in FA tho. As we stand right now if we went into the draft with this team right now then its Oher hands down.

#1:

Inconsistent and does not always play up to his abilities...Motor runs hot and cold...Lacks great awareness...Needs to improve his technique when it comes to things like footwork and use of hands...Gets high in his stance and he doesn't always play with proper leverage...Might require extra attention from coaches ... Intelligence could be an issue.

#2:

Durability is a legit concern...Inconsistent with his leverage...Could definitely stand to be more aggressive...Is not a true road grading run blocker...Needs to strengthen his lower body...Can do a better job of sustaining his blocks...Is not super tough and may lack a killer instinct.

#3:

Must get stronger...Could stand to add some more bulk...Is not overly stout at the point of attack and will get bumped backwards...Doesn't get a great push in the run game...Has to improve his footwork and technique...Can be more consistent when it comes to leverage...May have some durability concerns...Did not operate in a pro style offense

Above are the weaknesses of 3 of the 4 top OTs in the draft. #1's weaknesses are all correctable with coaching. #2's first sentence is the big key. The next thing we need is another often injured T. #3's weaknesses point to him being undersized and needing to bulk up but its uncertain if he can retain that athletic ability that he is praised for. 1 is Oher, 2 is Monroe and 3 is Jason Smith.

I was watching the Senior Bowl practice and they said Loadholt would probably be a RT in the NFL. I would not mind trading back, with say Miami, and taking our 2nd rounder back with it. Grab Loadholt in the 2nd and in the mid 20s get Duke Robinson, how sick would that be.

Samuels/Robinson/Rabach/Thomas/Loadholt.

I was watching the Senior Bowl practice and they said Loadholt would probably be a RT in the NFL. I would not mind trading back, with say Miami, and taking our 2nd rounder back with it. Grab Loadholt in the 2nd and in the mid 20s get Duke Robinson, how sick would that be.

Samuels/Robinson/Rabach/Thomas/Loadholt.

Id would be even more sick if we took AQ Shipley in the 5th and let Rinehart start.

Samules/Robinson/Shipley/Rinehart/Loadholt

Just curious, y do u think he's the best. I know he's a former TE and very athletic but I think he's the worst run blocker of the 4. Still good though, but probably the best overall pass blocker. With all that said I think 1 of the 4 will fall to us. I'd be estatic with any of them.

Well I was referring to overall talent. Yea he was a former TE but he is an amazing pass blocker. Which is what we need. Our run blocking was pretty solid for half the season, until they fell off for some reason (old age, tiredness, whatever). But we can def. mold him into a run blocker.

Yea I'd be stoked if we did get any of the 4 as well.

I wouldn't

Really?

Trading back 7 places and getting what is essentially another 1st round pick (#33)? I would take that trade 11 times out of 10. We would likely be able to get one of the top 3 DT's and pick up someone like Loadholt at RT.

That being said, there's no way the lions make that trade. They need lot's of players and the don't need to be trading up for anyone.

Archived