Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES bookclub? Anyone interested?

RedskinsSuperBowl21

I would love to but with the new school semester starting today and ttwo lit classes I very seriously doubt I'm gonna have time. Definitely in the future though if it's still alive. I'm normally on non-fiction and older lit books as well.

(And speaking of Clarke, one of my lit classes is Science Fiction Literature (I need a humanities elective.) Got four books to read: "Fahrenheit 451" (already read), "I, Robot", "Ender's Game", and "2001, A Space Odessy.")

I'm game for this. I just hauled in a load of books in my Christmas loot and am definitely in the reading mood :D

I usually steer toward the medical/public health/plague/outbreak type books, both fiction and non-fiction, but I am definitely willing to read just about anything. Right now I'm reading The Spirit Catches You Then You Fall.

Anyway, you can count me in...I'll use any excuse to break away from work or school-related stuff. :)

I'd be onboard for new suggestions. I love fiction...I like mysteries, medical mysteries(Patricia Cornwell is the queen here w/Tess Gerritsen(sp) a real close second, Robin Cook also is good in this category). I like Nora Roberts(she has some real good books...the Key trilogy was off the chain), Frank Peretti who writes Christian Horror(I guess that's what you call it)...good stuff...Monster was good. I also am a big fan of James Patterson...his Alex Cross books are some of the best. I just read a book written by Allison Brennan called Playing Dead...it was really good.

NO CAMUS! That was THE most painful read ever. I'm on board more for the suggestions than the discussion afterward. Afterward, I just want to go to sleep.;)

Just finished Robert Parker's take on the showdown at the OK corral "Gunman's Rhapsody". Nice, easy pleasant read. I find I like to read more for an escape than any sort of edification.

Just finished Robert Parker's take on the showdown at the OK corral "Gunman's Rhapsody". Nice, easy pleasant read. I find I like to read more for an escape than any sort of edification.

Just recently re-read that one, myself. I wonder how historically accurate it is. (Was Wyatt Earp really sleeping with the Sheriff's wife? Actually living in the Sheriff's wife's house?)

Just recently re-read that one, myself. I wonder how historically accurate it is. (Was Wyatt Earp really sleeping with the Sheriff's wife? Actually living in the Sheriff's wife's house?)

That's why historic fiction is more fun. You can make Wyatt Earp do things that Spenser would do. I don't think he was living in the Sheriff's house though he did bop her once or twice there while the sheriff was out of town. I kinda like the Spenser/Man with no name sort of character as a protagonist. Eff weakness.

I just read "No Country for Old Men". Amazing how close the movie was to the book. I don't think I've seen one closer. As I saw the movie first, it was almost like the book was written after the movie though I don't think that was the case.

That's why historic fiction is more fun. You can make Wyatt Earp do things that Spenser would do. I don't think he was living in the Sheriff's house though he did bop her once or twice there while the sheriff was out of town. I kinda like the Spenser/Man with no name sort of character as a protagonist. Eff weakness.

Don't know if Spenser would do that. Maybe Hawk. :)

But in Parker's book, the house was actually property of Sheriff Behan's wife's parents. And she literally ordered her husband (the sheriff) out of the house, and Wyatt moved in with her. (Leaving Wyatt's wife in Wyatt's house.)

Don't know if Spenser would do that. Maybe Hawk. :)

But in Parker's book, the house was actually property of Sheriff Behan's wife's parents. And she literally ordered her husband (the sheriff) out of the house, and Wyatt moved in with her. (Leaving Wyatt's wife in Wyatt's house.)

True on dat the Susan prose get's a bit old at times. I'd identify him overall more with Spenser I think, the whole "code of honor" thing that he and Ringo were talking about.

I do tend to forget the specifics of books I read pretty quickly, I was thinking he stayed in the house and Mattie had left so as not to piss off Behan too much. But now that you bring it up I remember him being there, though he was out and about a good deal, just don't remember the conversation with them deciding on it.

Archived