Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVN - Trade Rumors only

J.Campbell17

I agree will all those that say "don't trade Carlos" but if he and Blache can't see eye to eye with this "benching/non-starter" deal then the team may not have much choice. Sometimes having a happy rookie is better than a disgruntled vet.

I would prefer dumping Smoot and starting Carlos and D. Hall and moving Springs to Safety/Nickel. Unfortunately, that may not be what Blache or Zorn or Vinny have in mind. Cap space, money for FA and what's best for the scheme will all come into play with this decision.

Horton? There was a thread on this earlier.

Our team needs to build through the draft. We found a guy in the draft that could turn out to be a very solid player for us. He's not gonna get us a 2nd round pick, and trading him would throw away the whole "building through the draft" thing. Who knows if we get another Horton with that 2nd rounder?

carlos is on the trade block and the skins are looking for a second round pick as compensation. carlos being traded depends alot on if Hall stays or not but Hall staying is looking pretty good at this point. as far as everything else in the article havnt heard anything about it especially horton being moved. landry wont be here anymore either following next season or year 4 so moving horton would be stupid imo.

carlos is on the trade block and the skins are looking for a second round pick as compensation. carlos being traded depends alot on if Hall stays or not but Hall staying is looking pretty good at this point. as far as everything else in the article havnt heard anything about it especially horton being moved. landry wont be here anymore either following next season or year 4 so moving horton would be stupid imo.

Why would Landry being leaving?

This is stupid and why the redskins a mediocre franchise. Carlos rodgers played pro bowl caliber corner for 3/4 of the season after he worked his tail off to get back from 3 torn ligaments. He is going into the prime of his career. We need to give a new conract or franchise tag Hall. Keep Carlos because he is under contract so he can complain all he wants. Look into restructuring springs contract and if he wont cut him. Moss thing sounds like a complete rumor and im not knocking moss but with all the injurys i think his value is more to the redskins then in the trade market.

This is stupid and why the redskins a mediocre franchise. Carlos rodgers played pro bowl caliber corner for 3/4 of the season after he worked his tail off to get back from 3 torn ligaments. He is going into the prime of his career. We need to give a new conract or franchise tag Hall. Keep Carlos because he is under contract so he can complain all he wants. Look into restructuring springs contract and if he wont cut him. Moss thing sounds like a complete rumor and im not knocking moss but with all the injurys i think his value is more to the redskins then in the trade market.

I completely agree with you, good post. :applause:

Actually from a football and front office perspective tradeing los isnt as stupid as most of the people on this board like to think. carlos value at the moment is pretty good so if you can move him on the trade market now is exactly the time to do it. carlos is a good corner but cant catch and hes 2 inconsistant to ever be a great corner. the redskins by not tradeing or exploring options to tradeing him would be stupid. carlos wants big money and hes not worth it and due to that if he stays in washington we will lose him to free agency and get nothing in return. i say we lose him because the team would be faced with either meeting his demands, franchise tag, or him leaving during fa period.

this move is about money in the long run and the skins dont see carlos as a franchisable player. carlos just had his best season and its time to move him if he isnt in your long term plans.

No team is going to sign him as a RFA because no team is going to give up a first round pick as compensation. We're going to lose him anyways, I say move him now and get a 2nd. Plus the fact that he has no opposable digits with which to intercept the football.

Yeah so we have him under control for 2 more years in his prime. D Hall will be our playmaker and Carlos will be our cover corner. Also Springs and Smoot will be done by then so yes it would be nice to have carlos 2 years from now. I say keep him this year and see how his knee keeps coming along since yes he came back from injury in 11 months. I know we need line help but i can just see us next year with a good line and a ageing defensive backfield and tryon not turning out.

Wow! trade rumors from an online web site. THESE MUST BE LEGIT. I think that the "rumors" are more fantacies that are being analyzed to get a reaction. Its a cool thing to do, and something we do all the time here, but I wouldn't take it as anything more than that.

Although, I'd guess that they have more credibility than JLC.

I hate the thought of getting rid of anybody in our secondary. It's the only part of the team that has any depth.

Bite the bullet. If we can't get two seconds for our first round pick, then we find the best OL available at 13 and try and build next year, It's the same mistake played out year after year. There has to be patience to build a team. We are not one player away from a Super Bowl. We're an entire OL and half a DL away. Miami would have taken a 4th round pick for Taylor. We got reamed because of Quickdraw Cerrato.

Actually from a football and front office perspective tradeing los isnt as stupid as most of the people on this board like to think. carlos value at the moment is pretty good so if you can move him on the trade market now is exactly the time to do it. carlos is a good corner but cant catch and hes 2 inconsistant to ever be a great corner. the redskins by not tradeing or exploring options to tradeing him would be stupid. carlos wants big money and hes not worth it and due to that if he stays in washington we will lose him to free agency and get nothing in return. i say we lose him because the team would be faced with either meeting his demands, franchise tag, or him leaving during fa period.

this move is about money in the long run and the skins dont see carlos as a franchisable player. carlos just had his best season and its time to move him if he isnt in your long term plans.

And if he's not somehow in the Redskins long term plans, they're as stupid as everyone else in the league takes them to be.

He's worth a 45 million dollar contract or so. So we have two options here:

1- Pay the man the money he deserves for his outstanding coverage ability, and for the fact that he's a great talent that WE PICKED IN THE FIRST ROUND.

or

2- Trade him for God knows what and use that pick on God knows what (another Fred Davis? Chad Rinehart? or Rocky McIntosh?), or just let him walk in FA, leaving a gaping hole at our best cover corner spot (which isn't fit for DeAngelo Hall and his gambling tendencies) that we would have to replace by either spending a first or maybe 2nd round pick on a corner for (while waiting for him to develop in 2-3 years), or by signing a replacement in FA which would cost at least 40 million or so according to the rate the market is headed for top FA corners.

So again- re-sign Carlos next season to the deal he's played well enough for, or just take two steps backwards in the secondary by letting him go.

I hate the thought of getting rid of anybody in our secondary. It's the only part of the team that has any depth.

Bite the bullet. If we can't get two seconds for our first round pick, then we find the best OL available at 13 and try and build next year, It's the same mistake played out year after year. There has to be patience to build a team. We are not one player away from a Super Bowl. We're an entire OL and half a DL away. Miami would have taken a 4th round pick for Taylor. We got reamed because of Quickdraw Cerrato.

Exactly. Blows me away when I see people pushing these kinds of trade ideas.

Stop trading or flat out letting go our own drafted/signed guys that play well for us. Just stupid and a backwards way to build a team.

First step in getting better as an entire team is to cut the guys like Springs, Daniels, Washington, and possibly Taylor this year to clear the cap room and get younger guys involved. Get the most out of our current draft picks as possible (either stay at 13 and get the best d/o-lineman, or trade back for a good deal maybe with Detroit), and look towards some crafty FA moves this year to help rebuild.

Considering the age of our o-line and the questionable status of the ability level of much of our d-line, we probably need 2-3 more years of quality FA moves and particularly smart drafts to get real serious.

Unless we get a stud WR in free agency, I can't see how we'd trade Moss without having someone to replace him. Also, until we know what is happening with Springs (I'm assuming he's likely gone) and Hall, how can we deal Carlos? If we did that we'd be looking at the possibility of having only Fred Smoot back next year.

Some of those trade scenarios just don't make any sense, save the one about 'Los and I wonder who the author's sources are.

I mean, no way we get second and third rounders for Kedric Golston and Chris Horton. Chris Horton is just Reed Doughty with dreads and Greg Blache benched Anthony Montgomery in favor of Kedric Golston, thereby cementing his status as a Greg favorite. However, if we did trade Horton, now would be the time to do it; this stock will never be higher. Also, I'm not sure if too many teams are gonna be falling over themselves to trade for Santana, either. A second rounder for him is probably a stretch, a third may be more like it.

I just saw a post where it listed the ages of our starting offensive line. They range from 32-36 for all 5 guys. Samuels is the youngest at 32. As crazy as it sounds, I wonder what Samuels value on the trade market would be. He's a consistent pro-bowler who's up there in years but still has a lot of value. If we could get a first or second rounder for him we would again have some leverage in the draft, or, to possibly make other deals.

The question is obviously, how do we replace him? If the organization could make a splash in free agency and get a tackle, I'd see what value Samuels has and take a look at it. Of course, I say this without knowing what the cap hit would be.....

As crazy as it sounds, I wonder what Samuels value on the trade market would be.

Without knowing any of the cap ramifications, I can assure you that this team is not going to trade it's best offensive lineman. Samuels is likely to retire a Redskin.

Once again, the team is rumored to be looking for a 2nd round pick. Moss would also cost the team more money to trade than to keep, but a much more negligible 500k. Considering that's less than the cost of Todd Yoder, it seems far more likely the Redskins would be willing to do that one.

I seriously doubt this. I can't imagine this team looking to trade Moss, he's this teams only ledgimate threat at WR, and you want to put all of the eggs in the basket of a sophmore player who couldn't stay healthy is rookie year, and hasn't proven he can do anything on the pro level :doh:

If anything, we need to let Springs or Smoot go, or at least see if they will fetch us anything on the trading block. But I agree letting our young,lockdown corner go for a 2nd would be incredibly stupid. Also, another option is to get springs to restructure his contract to help us out and move him to one of the safety spots. and let Los' and Hall start with smoot and tryon as the 3rd/4th corners. Why create another need for yourself?

Carlos "No D" Rogers, a "Lockdown Corner"

:rotflmao:

:stupid:

No D rogers?? hmm, whatever you say... Carlos Rogers not only came back from a really bad injury way earlier than anyone thought, until he got benched for D.Hall he was playing as one of the best corners in the league. Go look up his stats and tell me he has "No D" anymore. I could understand the "stone hands" , but "No D""??? that's just moronic. You might want to point that sign at yourself, while patting yourself on the back for a nice try!!:applause:

Have you watched any games this year? Apparently you haven't at all. You must be talking about the amazing game Anquan Boldin had, or Torry Holt, or TO, or Braylon Edwards, or Desean Jackson. You know the same Desean Jackson, Anquan Boldin that have been torching corners this season. :stupid:

Archived