Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVN - Trade Rumors only

J.Campbell17

(Thanks HH)

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2009/01...mors-only.html

Carlos Rogers

Rogers' name has surfaced in trade talks, and the Redskins are reportedly looking for a 2nd round pick.

I believe these rumors are bogus for two reasons. Number one, Rogers' contract is a perfect example of one of those deals that the Redskins made to help offset the cap pain back in 2005 when they were really close to cap armageddon. Rogers' deal is effectively a five year thing, meaning 2009 is a contract year for him, but his bonus were effectively prorated over seven years because of the way the deal was structured.

Lets' try to put this in simple terms. Rogers was a top ten pick in 2005. Top ten picks get an obscene amount of guarenteed money, of which Rogers got 15 million dollars worth. The Redskins prorated that through 2010, because they could. That means, just under one-third of that 15 million dollars Rogers earned has yet to count against the cap.

Even though Rogers will be a (restricted) free agent next year, it would still cost the Redskins 1.5 million to trade him this offseason. The Redskins, I'm sure, would rather have that money to spend on making the team better.

So yeah, not buying the rumors on him. The next guy however, makes a lot more sense.

Santana Moss

Once again, the team is rumored to be looking for a 2nd round pick. Moss would also cost the team more money to trade than to keep, but a much more negligible 500k. Considering that's less than the cost of Todd Yoder, it seems far more likely the Redskins would be willing to do that one.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

Chris Horton

Just speculating on this one.

Have not heard anything about him being in trade talks, but knowing how the Redskins want to approach this draft, and where they want LaRon Landry to play next year, I would not be surprised at all if they tried to get a 2nd rounder for Horton, and then resign Mike Green at the league minimum

LOL!! I think this guy is "SPECULATING" on all this BS. Chris Horton? umm no, we keep our late round gems

I have to think the ONLY way Moss or Rogers gets traded is if the 2nd round pick is at our normal draft spot or better in round 2.

A scary thought here, could you imagine Parcells giving us back our 2nd round pick in the Jason Taylor trade for Moss? That would mean we essentially traded Moss and a pick for Taylor. :(

I have to think the ONLY way Moss or Rogers gets traded is if the 2nd round pick is at our normal draft spot or better in round 2.

A scary thought here, could you imagine Parcells giving us back our 2nd round pick in the Jason Taylor trade for Moss? That would mean we essentially traded Moss and a pick for Taylor. :(

No, if we got the 2nd back, that would mean we essentially rtraded Moss for JT.

I thought we gave up an extra conditional pick besides the 2nd. If not then my only defense is too many blows to the head this season from doing this. :doh:

This has got to be the most ridiculous article I have read in some time. Trade Moss, in hopes that Malcolm Kelly will become our #1 reciever? Wow. Then you want to trade the only draft pick that worked out, Chris Horton, for another draft pick? It is funny how everyone wants to stock pile draft picks now. Every year there is a new theory on how to get this team out of the NFC East Cellar. What makes everyone think that any of these 2nd round draft picks will pan out? Is there any evidence from last year? Keep Moss and Horton. We dug our grave already in trading our draft picks for Taylor, Kendall, and Erasmus James. It is still comical that the Offense coaches thought Todd Wade could play guard. We need to suck it up and keep the picks we have going forward.

I believe the pick he is referring to is the additional sixth or seventh round pick we threw in with the trade.

As far as this article I don't see anything other than this particular writer's fantasy land. I'm sure we could get a second for Carlos, but why? So we could then spend that pick on another corner who may or may not be as good? How many corners in the league had 30 pass breakups in 14 starts? Not a whole lot.

Moss for a second? That might be feasible if Thomas/Kelly showed they could produce. But they didn't, so we would just be making a weak position weaker. Pass.

Golston for a third? Let's do it. That being said, NO ONE is giving a third rounder for Golston.

Betts for a 4th? I wouldn't be opposed to it if we thought there would be a good KR/PR/3rd down back available but I don't see it as an immediate upgrade.

Trading Rogers would be an in credibly foolish thing to do. Everyone was gushing over the Skins' secondary. So why not trade one of, if not the, brightest spot in the secondary. Hell, why not draft another cb with the pick? The Skins need to start developing their own talent.

Trading Rogers would be an in credibly foolish thing to do. Everyone was gushing over the Skins' secondary. So why not trade one of, if not the, brightest spot in the secondary. Hell, why not draft another cb with the pick? The Skins need to start developing their own talent.

If anything, we need to let Springs or Smoot go, or at least see if they will fetch us anything on the trading block. But I agree letting our young,lockdown corner go for a 2nd would be incredibly stupid. Also, another option is to get springs to restructure his contract to help us out and move him to one of the safety spots. and let Los' and Hall start with smoot and tryon as the 3rd/4th corners. Why create another need for yourself?

That these players are even being considered is the fact that the FO has traded away many of their draft picks.

Only Rogers is a player that I would consider trading if they sign Hall and think Tyron can play. If not, than keep Rogers another year and re-evaluate next year.

They can have that 6th.

it's thinking like that which keeps the skins from having a full complement of picks each year.

as for the article, i don't think anyone will get traded, but hopefully we are putting feelers out for all of the players mentioned. i have no problem keeping our options open. especially with moss who i think is ripe for trading.

it's thinking like that which keeps the skins from having a full complement of picks each year.

as for the article, i don't think anyone will get traded, but hopefully we are putting feelers out for all of the players mentioned. i have no problem keeping our options open. especially with moss who i think is ripe for trading.

Hardly.. The reason we dont have a full compliment of picks is because we trade away those picks for old,washed up players. The fact is, you cant pick up a gem with ever late round pick you get, and most of the time, the late rounders are projects and alot of the time end up at best, being replacements, and sometimes, even out of the league. We need to worry less about the 6th and 7th rounders and worry about keeping our 1-5 draft picks.

Really??? Moss?

Why would you take a position of weakness that needs to be upgraded and get rid of the only player who's done anything of significance there for the last 4 years?

For the last 4 years, the only receivers that could make any plays consistently were Moss and Cooley. Talk about a way to make a bad passing offense even worse.

that article was terrible, he just made everything up, and everything he thought the Skins would get in return was laughable. here, I'll start some trade rumors right now. Springs for a 2nd rounder, Cooley for a 2nd and future 3rd, Campbell for a 5th with the possibility of becoming a 2nd depending on how he plays. see? just as credible as that article.

Hardly.. The reason we dont have a full compliment of picks is because we trade away those picks for old,washed up players. The fact is, you cant pick up a gem with ever late round pick you get, and most of the time, the late rounders are projects and alot of the time end up at best, being replacements, and sometimes, even out of the league. We need to worry less about the 6th and 7th rounders and worry about keeping our 1-5 draft picks.

not completely true. we gave up an extra pick to get portis (certainly not old and washed up in 2004), we gave up extra picks to take cooley and mcintosh. it's not about only keping the high picks, it should be about keeping ALL the picks, and that's the problem with the redskins when it comes to the draft.

as for moss, he's probably peaked in this system, and absent a marked improvement in campbell, it would be more beneficial long term to trade him. he's not a real #1 anyway. :2cents:

Archived