Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MVN - Trade Rumors only

J.Campbell17

......until he got benched for D.Hall he was playing as one of the best corners in the league.

So if we are to take what you're saying as gospel because his stats bear it out (I disagree but whatever), our coaches just decided to bench "one of the best corners in the league" just for the hell of it? What's your explanation for his benching. Why would "one of the best corners in the league" be benched?

The interesting bit of bombshell in this thread was from LL56. Landry a goner in a year? I'm no fan of Landry but wow. Looks like it's not only Carlos Rogers that is upset with Blache.

I said it a few years ago with Sean Taylor that I felt Sean was loyal to Gregg Williams first and that he would probably look to leave if/when Gregg Williams left us. It seems this may actually be the case with Landry and Rogers. Perhaps not in "following" GW but at least in terms of not liking life with the Skins post-GW.

I think we would be crazy to trade Carlos. He is a good cover guy and lays the wood on you.. If the DL improves he will be even better. If anything Vinny needs to go if this takes place. He should have never traded for a guy who may not even play next year makes about as much sense as not trying to keep D Hall. We just need to trade down because this draft is going to be deep in what we need. Some of you say we can't keep Hall and Rodgers, I say why not the egales did it with brown and clements. These guys do what they want to do. I like to keep Moss I just question him staying our #1 reciever. Just will not fight to win for me. I watched the playoff game against redskins and seahawks last year. On that pass from collins he gave up on the play and it cost us a touchdown and I have seen him do it a lot in the past. Just watch the game again. Did not play like a #1. I believe some of that is coaching though,maybe Hixon is the problem.

Guys, even Vinny is not that stupid that he would trade Rogers unless he signed Hall long term. We have a while to sign Hall and a while before trading season opens. And, assuming Vinny's time table comments were correct, the team is still going through the process of evaluating all players and making off season plans with FO and coaching staffs.

I don't disagree with trading Hall for the simple reason of what LL56 pointed out that Rogers value is currently high. Yes, we could keep Rogers for another season, but he is going to want big CB money to stay. Get value now because we probably won't get it next off season. Well, if we pay Hall big CB money the team might not want to put that much money into another CB. The team does have other needs like Oline and Dline. Only so much cap space.

Springs has no trade value so keeping him another season makes sense from a business prospective. And that's the point that myself and others are making. From a business prospective trading Rogers makes sense. I like Los and would like to see him come back, but business is business.

It would be nice if Tryon grows into a number 2 CB. Having Springs around for another season would allow the team time to find a replacement for Rogers.

Remember, we got Hall for free. So, getting a second round pick for Rogers is not a total loss of the number nine pick in the draft from a few years ago.

So if we are to take what you're saying as gospel because his stats bear it out (I disagree but whatever), our coaches just decided to bench "one of the best corners in the league" just for the hell of it? What's your explanation for his benching. Why would "one of the best corners in the league" be benched?

The interesting bit of bombshell in this thread was from LL56. Landry a goner in a year? I'm no fan of Landry but wow. Looks like it's not only Carlos Rogers that is upset with Blache.

I said it a few years ago with Sean Taylor that I felt Sean was loyal to Gregg Williams first and that he would probably look to leave if/when Gregg Williams left us. It seems this may actually be the case with Landry and Rogers. Perhaps not in "following" GW but at least in terms of not liking life with the Skins post-GW.

Interesting, I asked LL56 in this thread why Landry would be gone, but he never responded. I would like to know the reasons why he would be gone.

I didn't get the impression that Rogers was upset specifically with Blache. Yes, he got his playing time reduced, but that was because Hall was playing better and his play had dropped off.

trading carlos is not a good idea. we need to get a younger everywhere and considering he is only 26 or so he is worth keeping. maybe he doesn't get 10 ints every year but he is a very solid coverage corner and played well this year. if we can keep him and hall long term than we shouldn't have to address the secondary for at least 5 years or so.

If we are looking for a second round pick, trade the 13th pick in the draft for 2-second rounders. Draft a Center like Mack or Unger and then OT Eden Britton or Ciron Black. Blache needs to make nice nice with Carlos and bring him back. Cut Springs, Washington, and do not resign Taylor. Daniels is back next season and James should be healthy. Use that money to sign a DT like Rocky Benard or OG like Jahri Evans.

To get more draft picks for the O and D lines we should seriously look at trading Betts, Griffin, Kendall and I hate to say it Washington while restructuring Springs and Taylor's contracts, if we plan to keep them. Definitely sign D Hall if reasonable. Keep Moss, Rogers and Horton.

Build through the draft baby!!

Hail!

You won't get anything for Griffin Kendall, and I doubt anyone would give us anything for Washington either.

The reason rogers got his playing time redued was not because of his cover skills, it was because of his lack of INT's. Fortunately for us, INT's arent what makes a great corner. Some of you seem to have a blind hatred for Carlos no matter what. Did anyone ever think about they wanted to make sure Rogers didnt blow out his leg again? Maybe They didnt feel the need to put all the pressure on rogers because the truth is, his leg is NOT 100% healed, even though he did come back super early. Ever think about that? Rogers played great all season up until he lost some playing time to Hall. Rogers has been a starting CB since his rookie year and has given us some plays, but what CB hasnt? that's part of the game!

No, if we got the 2nd back, that would mean we essentially rtraded Moss for JT.

Sort of, but you have to also factor in that we had both JT and Moss on the team in 2008. JT, injured, didn't account for much, but that's still something to consider.

I'd be sorely tempted to trade either of those guys for a 2nd. And the Rogers cap hit for trading him, if true, isn't that ridiculous.

To get more draft picks for the O and D lines we should seriously look at trading Betts, Griffin, Kendall and I hate to say it Washington while restructuring Springs and Taylor's contracts, if we plan to keep them. Definitely sign D Hall if reasonable. Keep Moss, Rogers and Horton.

Build through the draft baby!!

Hail!

Kendall is a free agent. His contract has expired. Griffin and Washington have very large salaries and do not have very much trade value. You may get a 5th round pick because of their age. Betts would only have value mid season when a team is depleted with injuries. I agree we keep Moss. Rogers is the only one with real trade value right now. Horton was a 6th round pick that we could possibly trade but that would leave a hole in the defense. Landry is a SS playing out of position. We need a true FS but we don't have enough picks to take one in the draft. I would try to renegotiate Springs salary with a major pay cut, and if he doesn't agree, cut him. This is Taylor's final season, so it is hard to extend his contract. We need to clean house. I don't think we have a Super Bowl caliber team, so it is time to start over and get young.

Kendall is a free agent. His contract has expired. Griffin and Washington have very large salaries and do not have very much trade value. You may get a 5th round pick because of their age. Betts would only have value mid season when a team is depleted with injuries. I agree we keep Moss. Rogers is the only one with real trade value right now. Horton was a 6th round pick that we could possibly trade but that would leave a hole in the defense. Landry is a SS playing out of position. We need a true FS but we don't have enough picks to take one in the draft. I would try to renegotiate Springs salary with a major pay cut, and if he doesn't agree, cut him. This is Taylor's final season, so it is hard to extend his contract. We need to clean house. I don't think we have a Super Bowl caliber team, so it is time to start over and get young.

Agreed, however Landry is a true FS. He has never played SS until he came here and that was for the sole reason of Sean Taylor being at FS.

Carlos "No D" Rogers, a "Lockdown Corner"

:rotflmao:

:stupid:

Yeah, yeah.

Same old routine from you. You're a Carlos Rogers troll basically, and every time you've actually been presented with a real debate and had the stats thrown in your face about how he good he really is, you've abandoned the thread with your tail between your legs, never to be seen again. Until you pop up again in another thread with another post like this.

At this point, your act is more transparent than McD5's with Betts.

So even though the stats prove how good Carlos has played (which you've decided you don't agree with those stats for some reason), and the fact that nobody has really seen Carlos get beat that consistently, you still don't think he's a very good corner?

And so the Skins would replace him how?

Agreed, however Landry is a true FS. He has never played SS until he came here and that was for the sole reason of Sean Taylor being at FS.

I know he played FS at LSU but he is better suited as SS. He was very good in the box and blitzing. I think he would be a pro bowler at SS. I sure wish we still had #21 at FS. The D would be so much better.

I know he played FS at LSU but he is better suited as SS. He was very good in the box and blitzing. I think he would be a pro bowler at SS. I sure wish we still had #21 at FS. The D would be so much better.

Every game this year, people talked about how no one threw deep on us. Why? #30. #30 was a probowl alternate his rookie season. #30 has 4.3 speed and has proven he can cover sideline to sideline. He is a FS. It's what he did in HS and at LSU. He's so good in the box because he's so quick.

We aren't going to find anyone better than him at FS for a long time. I'd go so far as to say the only team who may have a better FS is the Ravens in Ed Reed.

Horton is also turning into an exceptional SS, his coverage skills improving over the season and he's not too bad in the box either. He got 57 tackles, 9 assists, and 1 sack. Not to mention 3 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery.

Don't mess with the secondary, it's one of the best in the league. Get a pass rush to compliment it and we'd have a #1 defense.

Archived