Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General penalty question - unsportsman like vs. roughing passer

Redskinizzle

Okay, so let's say we have a defensive player sneak a gun onto the field.

After the quarterback releases, he walks up and pops three bullets into the QB's head.

We can all probably agree this will be a fifteen yarder and not a five yarder.

BUT what would the penalty be?

Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Roughing the passer? Or something else?

WTF?!?!

Where did this come from?

Somebody's seen "The Last Boy Scout" one time too many.
They push you and push you until your blow your brains out, just like Billy Cole did!
:rotflmao: Thats what I thought when I read this too!

I gotta see more movies!

:doh:

There is a rule that says something that if the ref spots a foul that is outside the realm of football, he can award any penalty up to a TD.

This was used in college ball once in, I think, the Cotton Bowl. The player may have been from Alabama. Anyway, the opposing RB had a breakway TD and the Alabama player was on the bench. The guy ran off the bench and tackled the dude on the breakaway. The refs awarded a TD.

I think if you murder the QB, a TD would be awarded.

There is a rule that says something that if the ref spots a foul that is outside the realm of football' date=' he can award any penalty up to a TD.

This was used in college ball once in, I think, the Cotton Bowl. The player may have been from Alabama. Anyway, the opposing RB had a breakway TD and the Alabama player was on the bench. The guy ran off the bench and tackled the dude on the breakaway. The refs awarded a TD.

I think if you murder the QB, a TD would be awarded.[/quote']

You're probably right, but which team would get the TD? If I were the ref I sure as hell would grant the TD to the team that just had their QB shot. I mean, what would that guy do to me. I'd probably award the TD to the shooters team and then force the other team to kick off to them.

Really though, I'm pretty sure if a weapons is brandished and fired on the field and a player is shot, the teams get pulled off the field, the cops come in, fans are evacuated, and the game gets called. I mean, if you carry this hypothetical to its logical conclusion...

Bruce Willis? I might've seen it.

What's the premise?

Willis is a PI and he's following this case or something (its been awhile since I saw it). He somehow gets involved with this former QB that kinda threw his life away. And they end up taking on the corrupt owner of an NFL team or something like that.

Anyway the scene with the football player shooting a tackler happens at the very beginning and doesn't really have to do much with the movie from what I can remember. Post 20 in this thread is a pic of that scene I believe.

Okay, so let's say we have a defensive player sneak a gun onto the field.

After the quarterback releases, he walks up and pops three bullets into the QB's head.

We can all probably agree this will be a fifteen yarder and not a five yarder.

BUT what would the penalty be?

Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Roughing the passer? Or something else?

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN!!!!!!

You have no idea HOW MUCH PAIN I CAN BRING YOU!!!!!!!!!

Archived