Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell: a deeper look into his numbers this season

No Excuses

I really don't understand why this is so difficult for some people to answer.

Agreed. It's such a simple question, yet one the die-hard Campbell supporters continue to dodge.

If JC is all they say he is.........wouldn't an unbiased, open competition only confirm what they all tell us? If I were a Campbell supporter, I'd actually promote the idea that it would bring out the best in him and perhaps motivate him in a way that would be very effective. Why run and hide? Promote the idea, JC lovers! I double-dog dare ya!

Technically, there was a pick six from the D to reach that tally, but ya' know.

Statistics, darn statistics.

Hail.

newsflash almost always when a team scores 30+ points, a defensive or special team TD is involved, something people tend to leave out when they sling the 30 point BS argument. Did McNabb "lead" the eagles to 44 points against the pokes?

His numbers weren't impressive, the Defense scored 17 points off turnovers, and lead to two other score because of turnovers.... football is a team sport, and all 53 have to due there part to succeed

beside the point was the Skin never scored 30 with JC as QB, and the fact remains he has, period.... very few QB's have scored 5 td's on their own (passing, rushing).

newsflash almost always when a team scores 30+ points, a defensive or special team TD is involved, something people tend to leave out when they sling the 30 point BS argument. Did McNabb "lead" the eagles to 44 points against the pokes?

His numbers weren't impressive, the Defense scored 17 points off turnovers, and lead to two other score because of turnovers.... football is a team sport, and all 53 have to due there part to succeed

beside the point was the Skin never scored 30 with JC as QB, and the fact remains he has, period.... very few QB's have scored 5 td's on their own (passing, rushing).

So in 36 starts as a pro, he's led his team to a WHOPPING ONE 30 point or more game?

WOOT! I'm sold, break out the champagne.

We have an offensive BEAST! :notworthy

Hail.

I really don't understand why this is so difficult for some people to answer.

if you think there isn't a competition every season, you're fooling yourself. No coach is going to play the lesser player, out of anything. The name of the game is to win.

Zorn didn't draft Campbell, he drafted Colt.... if he felt Colt was the better option, don't think for a second he wouldn't start him. Gibbs said Ramsey was the clear starter in 05, and switched after 1 half of play.

some of this stuff people are posting is just ridiculous, and lacks any common sense. Many are trying too hard to make up excuses to justify their hate.

Agreed. It's such a simple question, yet one the die-hard Campbell supporters continue to dodge.

If JC is all they say he is.........wouldn't an unbiased, open competition only confirm what they all tell us? If I were a Campbell supporter, I'd actually promote the idea that it would bring out the best in him and perhaps motivate him in a way that would be very effective. Why run and hide? Promote the idea, JC lovers! I double-dog dare ya!

I'm a JC supporter and fully support the idea. What's the harm? It's logical.

The point was Jason did not lead the skins to a 30+point game. I've mentioned this several times that the Skins scored more than 20 points only 6 times this year and scored less than 15 points 8 times this year.

So in 36 starts as a pro, he's led his team to a WHOPPING ONE 30 point or more game?

WOOT! I'm sold, break out the champagne.

We have an offensive BEAST! :notworthy

Hail.

2 times, and again you are clearly ignoring the points ade.

1. it was said JC hasn't led to 30 points in a game.... false

2. Then it's well here was defensive TD, like that mattered, but it was pointed out that defensive TDs or ST TD's almost always occur when a team scores 30+.....(ignred)

3. How many defensive TDs did we have this season? zero

ST tds- 1

so save the spin

Does Zorn save the "Don't throw easy completions into the ground" lesson for year 2 of his WCO? It's a tricky concept, so maybe JC does deserve more time in the offense learning how not to make a fool of himself under center.

Yeah, that was sarcasm.

ST tds- 1

Yeah, because it obviously isn't good enough when the defense and ST set up the offense in great field position. As evidenced by the Pittsburgh game. It only helps when they return it all the way.

You know, it'd probably be more useful if the other 2 units pretended as if the offense didn't exist. That way, when we have a return going, we can just say, "**** it" and start lateraling the ball, college blowout style.

That's it, guys! No more booing Jason Campbell! Boo Deangelo Hall for intercepting a ball and lazily getting knocked out of bounds at the +30! What good does that do us!? Boo Rock Cartwright for breaking a 50 yard return into the opponent's territory before being tackled! What good does that do us!?

More sarcasm.

2 times, and again you are clearly ignoring the points ade.

1. it was said JC hasn't led to 30 points in a game.... false

2. Then it's well here was defensive TD, like that mattered, but it was pointed out that defensive TDs or ST TD's almost always occur when a team scores 30+.....(ignred)

ST tds- 1

so save the spin

Where the hecks the spin there?

You pointed out that Jason has had a 30 point game.

I merely said that you'd finaly swayed me to his "greatness", with that majestic number of ONE 30 plus point game in 36 career pro starts.

I'm AGREEING with you. Just adding a statement of, ya' know, FACT, to yours. :doh:

No one's arguing or putting any more spin on anything than you yourself in defense of #17. (Except when an actual FACT, to counter yours, is put forth, you suddenly resort to classing us all as "haters", which is arrogance in the extreme, but your perogative non the less.).

Hail.

*Oh, and the "pick 6" comment..... read through the "spin", as you call it, that the poster that was directed to has continually done this past week or so on the subject, in defense of Campbell, (which apparently is acceptable huh?); re-find your SOH, and realise that was said with tongue FIRMLY in cheek.

if you think there isn't a competition every season, you're fooling yourself. No coach is going to play the lesser player, out of anything. The name of the game is to win.

Zorn didn't draft Campbell, he drafted Colt.... if he felt Colt was the better option, don't think for a second he wouldn't start him. Gibbs said Ramsey was the clear starter in 05, and switched after 1 half of play.

some of this stuff people are posting is just ridiculous, and lacks any common sense. Many are trying too hard to make up excuses to justify their hate.

I assure you, there is no hate on my part. And, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that every season there is a QB competition. There wasn't one worth anything last offseason. Zorn specifically said JC would be the starting QB. And Zorn never pulled him out of the game or sat him to give someone else a chance either, like Gibbs did with Ramsey. To me, that's ridiculous. The QB should earn that position. JC didn't earn it if Zorn handed it to him.

I would hope this offseason, at some point, there will be a real competition. I have said many times if there is and JC wins, then I will fully support him. But until there is one, nobody is ever gonna know that we have the best man for the job, and frankly, that's all I care about.

Archived