Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell: a deeper look into his numbers this season

No Excuses

The Lions offense started Dan Orvlosky and Daunte Culpepper with a rookie RB and a washed up Rudi Johnson. They managed to score more than us somehow.

but...but they have Calvin Johnson!!...and, and Roy Williams!.. for half the year.... I guess

The Skins avg 320.0 yards per game

The lions avg 268.2 yards per game

the Skins faced 8 top 10 defenses, the Skins faced 6 top 10 scoring defenses

the lions faced 4 top 10 defenses (only 1 top 5), the lions faced 3 top 10 scoring defenses

Common opponents

Redskins

WAS 24 @ SF 27

NO 24 @ WAS 29

Lions

DET 13 @ SF 31

NO 42 @ DET 7

The best part of this thread are all the card carrying members of the official "Jason Campbell Excuse Making Fan Club" becoming unglued and unhinged when faced with stats they don't like. They know that these are legit stats that the thread-maker has produced, so they go into a typical spin mode, (much like the media, when the media is trying to protect someone they have propped up) and go back to the tired old playbook of excuses like, "the O-line is the real problem," and "the play-calling is the problem," and of course they also use this one: "the Skins don't have the right people going out for passes." Oh, and of course they love this one: "well, Jason is being forced once again to learn a whole new offense." They also have attacked the thread-maker, saying that this thread is garbage, etc. It is excuse after excuse with you people isn't it? Should the Skins properly shore up (and you know they will with the draft and FA) the O-line in the off-season, what excuse will you make next season if Campbell continues to only win half of the games he starts? How many games into next season do the Skins need to play averaging 16 points per game before you agree that a change at QB is warranted? Has it ever occurred to you excuse makers that there are some QBs who get rid of the ball quicker than others? Yeah, there are some really good winning QBs that don't need 7 seconds to throw the ball for a completion. Scratching your heads yet? Huh? And why do you people think it's just fine that the other 21 starters on the roster be forced to compete for their starting jobs, but it suddenly becomes a foreign concept that you folks cannot grasp in your minds when it's suggested that an open competition for the STARTING QB JOB take place next season? For me, here's another stat that you excuse makers can chew on: it all comes down to a QB's WIN and LOSS record. That's right....does the team win, or does it lose when that guy is out there playing QB?

it has alot to do with the 20 checkdowns he throws every game, regardless of where the receivers are...

santana moss is the only deep threat on the skins roster and he normally gets doubled on deep routes. moss also had his share of drops on deep balls. last year is was jason outthrowing moss,this year it's moss dropping balls.

randle el is a joke of a starter,dude drops so many 3rd down passes you want to kick a puppy

thrash is trash as a WR,great human being though and a hard worker,he's simply not nfl calibre anymore.

devin thomas is like the last progression whenever he's on the field and the OL can't pass protect that long

malcom kelly couldn't get on the field,and when he did he dropped a deep ball by campbell

I'd like to see cooley used vertically more to stress the seams but zorn won't let cooley run anything beyond 10 yards. cooley only runs 8 yard hitches and screens now so it seems....zorn won't flex cooley out to WR anymore either.

so yeah who is campbell supposed to throw the ball deep to again?

I am sure he is responsible for the makeup of this roster too. The aging oline, the nonexistant passrush, the lack of talent at WR position. Can i go on?

This is exactly what I am talking about. It's excuse after excuse after excuse with these people. Campbell was 5-7 last season as the starter, and 8-8 this season. When you folks all attend your official excuse making meetings, are food and beverages served?

Hum

Moss doubled....then someone else open?

If a tree falls in the......

Nevermind

TC > JC

if moss is doubled and no one else is open he checks it down

nevermind blame JC for everything he's the antichrist, James Thrash and Randle el are the best damn underrated #2 and #3 WR's in the NFL, who can honestly cover these guys? they're so fast,and their hands? jesus didn't have more perfect hands.

are you actually going to say cooley ran routes more than 10 yards down the field with any consistency?

"Jason Campbell Excuse Making Fan Club"?

:rotflmao:

facts aren't excues

however, the JC hater club, make up over half of the criticism, nor back up their "numbers" logically... usually leaving out important details, that changes the real meaning....

such as the lions scored more points nonsense above, when you look at the lions schedule they played some easy defenses the Skins didn't face, and against common opponents wasn't even close, but why let facts....err... excuses get in the way of a witch hunt :thumbsup:

facts aren't excues

however, the JC hater club, make up over half of the criticism, nor back up their "numbers" logically... usually leaving out important details, that changes the real meaning....

such as the lions scored more points nonsense above, when you look at the lions schedule they played were some easy defenses the Skins didn't faced, and against common opponents wasn't even close, but why let facts....err... excuses get in the way of a witch hunt :thumbsup:

like comparing campells first year in the WC to Hasselbecks first year starting in the WC after learning it for 2 years on the bench.

Campbell

16 games

506 attempts

315 completions

62.3% completed

3245 yards

6.4 YPA

13 TD's

6 INT's

Hasslebeck

13 games

321 attempts

176 completions

54.8% completed

2023 yards

6.3 YPA

7 TD's

8 INT's

hasselbeck had shaun alexander/darrell jackson in his prime and koren robinson as a rookie. robinson had a 1200 yard sophmore season. so it's not like Hass had no talent around him.

facts aren't excues

such as the lions scored more points nonsense above, when you look at the lions schedule they played were some easy defenses the Skins didn't faced, and against common opponents wasn't even close, but why let facts....err... excuses get in the way of a witch hunt :thumbsup:

Funny, I don't see it as a "JC Hater Club" but more of a "I Want the Redskins to Win Club."

I guess you'd rather see JC play than the Redskins win. In that case, you've probably really enjoyed the past two seasons - oh yeah, except those games when Collins played and actually won a few games.

Too bad Bubba. I thought you were a Redskins fan.

Hail,

H

Funny, I don't see it as a "JC Hater Club" but more of a "I Want the Redskins to Win Club."

I guess you'd rather see JC play than the Redskins win. In that case, you've probably really enjoyed the past two seasons - oh yeah, except those games when Collins played and actually won a few games.

Too bad Bubba. I thought you were a Redskins fan.

Hail,

H

I feel the exact same way. I don't hate Jason. I just hate the fact that we LOSE when he's the QB. Sorry, but I love the REDSKINS more than I love JC. If that makes me a hater, then so be it.

You mean the Lions that had a harder Strength of Schedule?

http://www.theredzone.org/strength.asp

Lions .543

Skins .523

lions-139 opponent victories

redskins 134 opponent victories

lions 0-16

redskins 8-8

had the lions went 8-8 they would have had a weaker schedule than the skins(131 opp. victories),them sucking so horribly makes their SoS look stronger.

again you skew stats to try and make a point :doh:

lions 0-16

redskins 8-8

had the lions went 8-8 they would have had a weaker schedule than the skins(131 opp. victories),them sucking so horribly makes their SoS look stronger.

The fact that Redskins fans have resorted to comparing us to the stinking Lions speaks volumes.

Hail,

H

lions 0-16

redskins 8-8

Again?.....AGAIN?

haha

From 139 to 131 (SKEWING around the skins 134)

Pretty close huh

Thanks for making my point

lions 0-16

redskins 8-8

That still doesn't dismiss the fact an 0-16 team(record breaking) outscored our 8-8 Skins? Especially since they had five different QB's start games and we had Campbell take take every snap.

How on earth can that happen?

Campbell is a SLOW QB ... He takes a long time to make defensive reads, make progressive read to identify open WRs, and in making the right throws.

He still thinks he is in college, and waits for a WR to be WIDE open before making a throw. Not only that, he locks onto ONE receiver and that limits OUR offense.

I'd like to see cooley used vertically more to stress the seams but zorn won't let cooley run anything beyond 10 yards. cooley only runs 8 yard hitches and screens now so it seems....zorn won't flex cooley out to WR anymore either.

I know you know this. Cooley is a TE. There's a reason he's a TE and not a WR. He's used as a blocker for the pass and run at times. Not a good idea....

The fact that Redskins fans have resorted to comparing us to the stinking Lions speaks volumes.

Hail,

H

speaks volumes of someones football intelligence when they place the entire blame on the QB.

when in reality there's more than enough blame to go around to the QB/OL/WR/coaches&schemes.

People only blame the QB because he's the one being broadcast into your living rooms laying on his ass or throwing his arms up in disbelief or frustration.

campbells not a finished product by any means,but some people are just so eager to win they want to do everything and try everything possible without just giving someone a chance. do you endorse the fire zorn movement? how about hiring shannahan I'm sure that would be great for the offense... another new system. some people are just retarded.

here's some facts

the skins won 8 games with JC

JC left the field for the last time in the STL game with a skins lead. how'd that end?

JC left the field for the last time with a tie score at san fran,how'd that end?

JC made mistakes in those games sure.but did he lose those games?

speaks volumes of someones football intelligence when they place the entire blame on the QB.

when in reality there's more than enough blame to go around to the QB/OL/WR/coaches&schemes.

People only blame the QB because he's the one being broadcast into your living rooms laying on his ass or throwing his arms up in disbelief or frustration.

campbells not a finished product by any means,but some people are just so eager to win they want to do everything and try everything possible without just giving someone a chance. do you endorse the fire zorn movement? how about hiring shannahan I'm sure that would be great for the offense... another new system. some people are just retarded.

here's some facts

the skins won 8 games with JC

JC left the field for the last time in the STL game with a skins lead. how'd that end?

JC left the field for the last time with a tie score at san fran,how'd that end?

JC made mistakes in those games sure.but did he lose those games?

And when he got hurt last year, the offense clicked with Collins. The offense has been consistently stagnant under JC. And please, just save the excuses, I've heard them all. Let's judge JC like we judge all other players - performance. His peformance is average at best. His winning percentage as a starter is below average. Not good.

I don't blame all the losses on JC. I just know that he is only an average QB and as long as he's the starter, we are doomed to mediocrity. I just want to see the Redskins win.

Hail,

H

Campbell is a SLOW QB ... He takes a long time to make defensive reads, make progressive read to identify open WRs, and in making the right throws.

He still thinks he is in college, and waits for a WR to be WIDE open before making a throw. Not only that, he locks onto ONE receiver and that limits OUR offense.

I haven't seen him lock onto a single receiver since early in the season. Also, we need to upgrade our receivers. A small speedy Moss that is double-covered does not provide much opportunity for any QB behind this leaky OL. Fixing the OL and upgrading the receivers would work wonders.

Archived