Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock Cartwright: The Numbers

#98QBKiller

Every team needs a Rock Cartwright. He does everything that is asked of him pretty well. He is sort of like a utility infielder in baseball.

He picked up over 100 carries in his second year for 400+ yards.

He has the ability to catch the ball in the flat

He can block

He can return the ball well

And most importantly he doesn't have "fumbleitus"

Why?

And why would we bring in another change of pace back in? Rock and Betts are great.

Betts and Rock are straight ahead slow runners. We need a Chris Johnson type player. I like Rock on KOR, hate ARE on punt returns. Betts and Rock are not change of pace backs. Betts is very similar to CP except he doesn't take alot of contact.

I agree with everyone else here, why would we change the KR duties? Rock is in the top of the league among kick returners.

Punt returns are a different story. I'd like to use Santana regularly or maybe draft someone in the mid-later rounds (ahem, Pat White, ahem) to return punts.

One thing I have noticed is that yes, Cartwright is doing a decent job, but if we upgraded him we would be getting better results.

If we get a faster guy who can follow their blocks as well as Rock we will be better off. We have great blocking on KRs and there seem to be lanes to run, I just don't think Rock is fast enough to really be a threat.

At the same time, I am biased because Rock Cartwright has been a complete jerk to me on two separate occasions.

Complaining about Rock is like having a broken down car and all you can find wrong with it is that the CD player doesn't play MP3's.

If solid play is what this team is looking for, then Rock, Portis, Fletcher, and Cooley don't need to be looked at. Almost every one else should have a microscope on them during the off season.

I don't doubt his heart, but Rock is too slow to return. Yes, he has great vision, but if you look at some of his runs, a KR with any speed would've taken probably 5 of them to the house easily. We need a change here as well.

I disagree. IMO, if it aint broke you don't fix it. And Rock aint broke!

Archived