Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forgotten Redskins Lore

Old Bay

Something of a lighter note. A time to reflect upon good times...

I was watching the Super Bowl XVII 'episode' in the America's Game series and found it very enlightening. Something I thought was very cool was the diesel horn that the fan had rigged during the Divisional game against the Vikings. Alas, I had never heard about that and I would consider myself a fan who is above average in knowledge of Redskins history.

What are some other adrenaline pumping, awe inspiring moments from Redskin history that many might not know about?

When I was 14 or so, the Seahawks came to RFK and played their first game here.

Our current head coach scored on a bootleg play to my corner of the end zone, and lo and behold, there he was, right under me, whooping it up.

So I poured popcorn on his head.

I don't know if it fired anyone up, but I enjoyed it.

~Bang

When I was 14 or so, the Seahawks came to RFK and played their first game here.

Our current head coach scored on a bootleg play to my corner of the end zone, and lo and behold, there he was, right under me, whooping it up.

So I poured popcorn on his head.

I don't know if it fired anyone up, but I enjoyed it.

~Bang

:rotflmao: That's a really funny story. If I were you, I'd write JZ a note and ask him if he remembers it. Who knows, he may write you back.

At least you didn't throw D batteries at him like eagles fans

Nah, and even still, I didn't and wouldn't have even poured my soda. Popcorn isn't going to hurt anyone.

The thing i remember most about that game from the Redskins standpoint was just how awesome Mike Nelms was on a punt return.. man oh man he could make people miss, and in person, from that angle i was at, it made it all the more eye popping.

~Bang

Mike Nelms was awesome. And that's a great story, Bang!

There's plenty of 80s/early 90s stories to tell...

- Gibbs, after being warned of the team losing a time out, simultaneously motioning with his arms for the crowd to quiet down and to keep it up against San Diego.

- Jason Buck hitting Aikman's arm in the endzone, Emmitt recovering the ball and trying to lateral it only to have the Skins recover it in the endzone and pull out a miracle win.

- Gary Clark plotting the Gatorade dunk by filling the cooler with individual cups.

- Alvin Walton hitting, well, anybody.

Archived