Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Place in the NFC East!

RedSunday

You CAN'T be serious?

Please, oh PLEASE, tell me what part of the last 8 games makes Zorn qualified to be in the NFL? Huh? What, the 7 point explosions on National TV? Losing to the Lions, Bengals, and Niners in the same season? Beating one playoff team all year? Uh yeah, he's way out of his league.

Dude, the point is to get better. Not to take a 10-6 team and get worse?

There were None, Zero, Ziltch highlights to this entire season. Not one single highlight to this worthless season. NONE!

If you are happy with Zorn, then you show how truly pathetic our standards have gotten. Too much money and "talent" on this team to go 8-8.

But wait, there's more. In 2009, we get to watch the debacle all over again! YAY!!! Woo Hoo!!! Thanks Danny!!!! Good job! Yay for mediocrisy! Yay for School!

Um, we didn't lose to the Lions, smart guy. They went 0-16. And we were 9-7 last year, not 10-6. We had a rookie head coach with a new system who had never coached before. For you to expect 10-6 or better is ludicrous. No highlights? Uh, I think starting 6-2, including wins at Dallas and at Philly are pretty big. We also had Portis who broke some records. Same with Cooley. Our QB also had no INT at the halfway point. We simply weren't good the second half of the year. I also beg to differ about the "talent" on this team. Randle El is probably not even a 3rd WR, yet he's our #2 WR. Both lines are sorry.

it's harder to do that when your club is stuck in that 8-8 to 9-7 rut, because it gives the illusion of being close.

if the Redskins fell on their collective face and went 1-15 or 2-14 then I think you would see movement in that more radical direction.

this team is where the Bullets were in the 1980's.

they were a consistent .500 or so club, never good enough to contend but never bad enough to garner the #1 pick or clean house and start over.

But I realize anyone having any hope, or pointing out anything positive on the board today will be considered an idiot. I've done this before. :)

I do not at all consider you an idiot, please keep up the optimism my friend (somebody has too). I just don't share it today. But I damn sure hope I am wrong and your optimism is proven correct next year and I eat massive amount of crow, yum crow!:cheers:

Um, we didn't lose to the Lions, smart guy. They went 0-16. And we were 9-7 last year, not 10-6. We had a rookie head coach with a new system who had never coached before. For you to expect 10-6 or better is ludicrous. No highlights? Uh, I think starting 6-2, including wins at Dallas and at Philly are pretty big. We also had Portis who broke some records. Same with Cooley. Our QB also had no INT at the halfway point. We simply weren't good the second half of the year. I also beg to differ about the "talent" on this team. Randle El is probably not even a 3rd WR, yet he's our #2 WR. Both lines are sorry.

Look, both of you guys. I made two typos. I meant the Rams. And yes, we were 9-7 last year. You'd think that all these seasons of 9-7 and 8-8 would be memorable, but they aren't.

Again, typos, not lieing. Get over it. End result. Biggest joke of the NFL in the second half.

.............same team last year went to the playoffs.Spin it anyway to make yourself sleep better but we sucked.

This same team also went 5-11 in 2006 :)

Yeah we sucked. I don't see anyone disputing that. But....we still went 8-8 under a first year head coach who hasn't even been a coordinator before who brought in a new system and everything. Despite how disappointing it feels that really is something that doesn't happen very often....

it's harder to do that when your club is stuck in that 8-8 to 9-7 rut, because it gives the illusion of being close.

if the Redskins fell on their collective face and went 1-15 or 2-14 then I think you would see movement in that more radical direction.

this team is where the Bullets were in the 1980's.

they were a consistent .500 or so club, never good enough to contend but never bad enough to garner the #1 pick or clean house and start over.

Maybe Campbell should get caught with a dog fighting ring, DeAngelo Hall and Portis can stand up and support him while dividing the locker room, and we'll be forced to clean house that way. Seems like a successful formula.

Is the O line that sorry? Went to the playoffs under Collins and got Portis 1400 yards.

D line. Agreed.

I do not at all consider you an idiot, please keep up the optimism my friend (somebody has too). I just don't share it today. But I damn sure hope I am wrong and your optimism is proven correct next year and I eat massive amount of crow, yum crow!:cheers:

Nah, I wasn't addressing you with that. I know better. Just the general tone.

Marty went 8-8 his first year and was fired. That isn't the worst record in the league, but we lost to three of the worst teams this year. Then again, can you keep firing guys every year. A full slate of draft picks would look pretty good right about now. The best teams have beasts up front. We don't. Having said all that, I believe Sean Taylor would have made a huge difference as our best player. That was a tremendous loss.

As per my post about the 2008 season, you will see I think the team needs to be rebuilt, however, at the same time I can look at an 8 win season and acknowledge that the team is average but not 'poor' as this thread tries to make out.

The Cowboys were 9-7 and the Eagles were 9-6-1. The Redskins were 8-8.

Big deal.

I put all three teams performances in the same category. Disappointing.

The only NFC East team that should be holding their heads high are the Giants, who locked up homefield advantage last weekend by beating Carolina.

I don't care if you don't like the Eagles, but they have a right to hold their heads high as well. Right now, they might beat the Giants.

You CAN'T be serious?

Please, oh PLEASE, tell me what part of the last 8 games makes Zorn qualified to be in the NFL? Huh? What, the 7 point explosions on National TV? Losing to the Rams, Bengals, and Niners in the same season? Beating one playoff team all year? Uh yeah, he's way out of his league.

Dude, the point is to get better. Not to take a playoff team and get worse?

There were None, Zero, Ziltch highlights to this entire season. Not one single highlight to this worthless season. NONE!

If you are happy with Zorn, then you show how truly pathetic our standards have gotten. Too much money and "talent" on this team to go 8-8.

But wait, there's more. In 2009, we get to watch the debacle all over again! YAY!!! Woo Hoo!!! Thanks Danny!!!! Good job! Yay for mediocrisy! Yay for School!

Nice job scooby. We beat the cardinals and the eagles TWICE, so relax.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Last place...sorry, had to celebrate something.

It would be great to get a real OC next year.

I feel bad for all the younger fans that have yet to see a real redskins winning season. Props to you guys for keeping up the love and hope.

I don't know what else to do either. Here's to our head coach being a head coach and not the qb coach and oc. I think that's the key.

Well, hopefully the Redskins staff takes a look at this year and really understands why the season turned out the way that it did and make the necessary changes to turn this around for next year. I look at this season and see it as a success for a couple of reasons. I think this season showed us 2 things. It really proved to us who is a real asset to this team and who is not. Again, we can only hope that changes are made to turn next season into a winning season.

True that Velma. I forgot that the Eagles had enough people loose so they could make the playoffs. My bad. You're right. We're the best. No changes needed.

Plus, beating the Cardinals is a HUGE highlight.

lol, how many times are you going to have to edit that rant of exaggerations before you realize your going too far in the first place and that you just can't justify your rage with just the truth?

Btw, when we played the Cardinals they were hot and noone wanted to see them. Same goes for the Eagles and Cowboys earlier this year and the Eagles again just recently. The Saints also were no slouch at that time. We also played the Browns when they were riding high off a huge upset where they dominated the Giants. You're looking at teams that have gotten cold, had injuries, and just haven't played well down the stretch but it has no bearing on what we did WHEN we did it. The 49ers have also been playing well the last 6 weeks... our defense for the first time in a long time lost us this game.

Calm down.

Archived