Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Place in the NFC East!

RedSunday

Really,well don't say that to the Dolphins and Atlanta.

hey, what about george allen. how about that wade phillips

hell how about mike singletary, the interim head coach that took the niners to 5-4 record. ahhhhhhhh

this yrs ravens anyone?

what's comical to that otherposters comment is that ravens, falcons and especially the dolphins were pathetic last yr while zorn took over a playoff team. LOL

How long will it take next season before everyone is calling for Zorn's job.

We have the talent. We had an offense that was atleast top 20 under Gibbs. Zorn is supposed to be this offensive minded coach. He installed the WCO, and we failed miserably.

No excuse for it period. All the people saying first time coaching, new system, new players....ok. We should have looked like this team gets it ! After 16 games we should know the system, coaches have the exp., new players should play, but none of this happened.

What's worrisome is the hot start and the collapse.

The collapse should be a major concern for all, since that was all Zorn's team by then. Some can argue that the 6-2 start was a combination of health, no book on the plays and the GIBBSFACTOR!

And playing four of the best defenses in the NFL right in a row had something to do with it... especially when we came out the other side of that stretch missing our two starting offensive tackles.

There's a lot of reasons for it, but I'd have to say that based on the fact Zorn is so green, is it possible the Redskins over-achieved in the fist half of the year, and set expectations too high?

If you look back at the prediction thread from August, everyone pretty much nailed it dead on,, between 7-9 and 9-7, and most of those predictions were done with optimism.

Back then, most of us seemed to think that given the circumstance, 8-8 was acceptable.

But the fast start inflated expectations, and now everyone blames them for getting their hopes up.. hopes that they knew back in August were unreasonable.

~Bang

8-8 in a debut season with a team that has no lines to speak of is okay by me. As long as the lines are addressed in the draft, I am optimistic about next season.

Norv Turner is even in the Playoffs,now you know we really suck!

At 8-8. Same as us. That's what happens when you play in a crappy division. If we were switched with them we would have wrapped that division up three weeks ago.

This title says it all.

But really its to be expected.

Everyone last year was looking at us making the play offs ... but we were still second to last in the NFC east aka 1 game out of last. We were the last team in the playoffs too. We stayed about the same. So all and all can't complain. Not with our cast of characters.

Look, both of you guys. I made two typos. I meant the Rams. And yes, we were 9-7 last year. You'd think that all these seasons of 9-7 and 8-8 would be memorable, but they aren't.

Again, typos, not lieing. Get over it. End result. Biggest joke of the NFL in the second half.

He calls it a typo, yet blames it on the fact that those seasons werent memorable

1981: Joe Jackson Gibbs debuts at 8-8.

A very different 8-8.

Gibbs won his last 5 games that first year, and you could see something good in the future. A young team, solid across the board, excellent O-line and very good D-lines. That team had potential written all over it.

This year is a total reverse. A huge slide in the seond half, an aging team, depressingly average lines across the board, and four draft picks comming our way.

8-8 in a debut season with a team that has no lines to speak of is okay by me. As long as the lines are addressed in the draft, I am optimistic about next season.

At 8-8. Same as us. That's what happens when you play in a crappy division. If we were switched with them we would have wrapped that division up three weeks ago.

Yes, we would have. Right after we beat Cincinatti. Oops.

I just hope that this fact is remembered next August when every writer that predicts another last place finish does not get the writer buried under a barrage of 'hater' emails from this fanbase.

You know it won't. Next summer people, especially those with Burgundy colored blinders, will be predicting 11-5, 12-4 with no major injuries. Like finishing 8-8 guarantees you that you will improve the next year. :doh: Those that don't share in the same optimism will be called haters.

The people who want to clean house now are going to be the same people who complain about a lack of consistency after the new head coach suffers a three game losing streak. We're not good, but we're not bad either. We're average. As much as I'd like to see a competent GM, we're stuck with Vinny. If he or Zorn can't get it done next year, then we'll have a legitimate problem.

You know it won't. Next summer people, especially those with Burgundy colored blinders, will be predicting 11-5, 12-4 with no major injuries. Like finishing 8-8 guarantees you that you will improve the next year. :doh: Those that don't share in the same optimism will be called haters.

Agreed. But I still prefer the term 'Negative Nancy'.

Although, I wonder if anyone noticed what happened to a team that started out 6-2 in 2007, ended at 8-8, and kept their organizational structure in place after the season. Detroit anyone?

8-8 doesn't suck. It's simply average.

But hey, use whatever superlatives you wish.

^^^ It's the way we lost, the teams we lost to, and starting 6-2 then totally bombing/collapsing down the stretch. 8-8 is mediocre/average but there is more to this year's record than that imo.

Archived