Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Gregg Williams Come Back as D Coordinator?

robotfire

* LavarLeap56 hinted that Greg Blache could retire after this year.

* Jacksonville will not retain Gregg Williams.

* There is evidence that Gregg Williams would be interested in coming back.

I have seen hope that he would come back as the head coach. I think that is a long shot. However, is it possible that he could come back as the defensive coordinator?

No Chance what so ever. Blache has filled the void. If Blache ran this Defense into the gutter then maybe they would entertain the idea of looking around, BUT no too much bad blood btwn Danny and GW!
It's not about "looking around". I'm happy with Blache. More than anything, I'm going off of a lot of clues given by LavarLeap56 (he said that Blache would retire at the end of this year, for example). I'm not sure how definite that statement was, or if it was just speculation based on clues, but it definitely sounds reasonable. He almost retired before this season, until he was offered the defensive coordinator spot.

Blache was just talking about wanting JT back next season if it's up to him. Generally you don't plan for next season if you want to retire.
You may be right. That being said, Gibbs certainly talked about *next year* even though he wasn't planning on being here.

Hey, here's an idea. How about we bring back Norv Turner, but as the OC. He might be fired from SD after this season. And the last time our O was scoring often was with Norv. Let's bring him back with GW as the DC.

NO. Norv isn't going to be fired. He will be playing for the AFC WEST title next week. Win or lose, he has saved his job.

Based on what? We're still running HIS defense. He did pretty well with it, if I remember correctly. If Blache retires, who could run this defense as well as Williams himself?

We are not running GW's defense. It is Blache's system. They have different philosophies on D. GW liked to blitz from all angles and more aggressive. GW used to blitz with DBs all the time, how many time have we seen it this season. Again, I don't want him back. Have you seen Jaguars D this season? They were awful. There's a reason they didn't ask him back for next season.

Based on what? We're still running HIS defense. He did pretty well with it, if I remember correctly. If Blache retires, who could run this defense as well as Williams himself?

Really, since when do we run GW's defense? We run press coverage more often than not which was ghostly on Williams D. We don't go into prevent in the 2nd half and blow games. We actually blitz which was unheard of in 07. And most importantly our DC doesn't single out star players and puts them on the bench. Leave GW out of washington unless we want to corrupt the only thing besides the running game that the team has going good.

Where did this Williams love come from, and please just put it back. He has been a failure in Jacksonville. Why would we even mention his name?

I have no idea. I think people feel that GW would do a much better job with this team. Instead of being ranked #5 in overall D and scoring D, we could be in the top 3 if GW was here. He's doing a great job in Jacksonville that people are enamored with him

* LavarLeap56 hinted that Greg Blache could retire after this year.

* Jacksonville will not retain Gregg Williams.

* There is evidence that Gregg Williams would be interested in coming back.

I have seen hope that he would come back as the head coach. I think that is a long shot. However, is it possible that he could come back as the defensive coordinator?

Our D is our strength - why do folks want him back so bad? We need to score more than 1 TD a game if we truly want to compete.

Well it looks like he may stay with the Jags-

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/82485-jaguars-coach-denies-defensive-coordinator-out.html

But the fans dont seem to like him-

http://firegreggwilliams.com/

If Blache does retire, then I would like a younger, fiery DC.

I hope he doesn't retire. Look at what they did today. That was a stingy defense.

Archived