Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Zorn = Giving up?

illone

The more I think about it the more I feel like it was ridiculous for Coach Zorn to basically count the Skins out of the playoffs before they are mathematically eliminated.

Definitely gets under my skin watching the game tonight and seeing the Redskins name sitting there as not yet eliminated.

Not that I want, or feel the Skins deserve it, but it speaks volumes for a persons character by giving up before the final whistle sounds.

Thoughts?

Where has he said we're out of it?

This weeks presser or somethign?

It was after last weeks game when he mentioned something about goals for the season and he said the playoff goal is off the table, or something along those lines.

I figure regardless of how poorly the fans feel, and ultimately he feels, his job is to know where the team stands and if they're still in the hunt that goal is not off the table.

The focus should be on winning the next game no matter what our playoff chances are. The team just needs to win a darn game.

Agreed. Zorn could have said nothing and it would've been better than saying the team has no shot.

He just created a self-fulfilling prophecy, no? I thought zen masters never got in their own way:D.

What are you talking about? If he ever did suggest we weren't in, Zorn was being realistic. He wants to win more than anything but the best we can do is 9-7 and that might not cut it.

The issue isn't the playoffs, really. It's more along the lines that he shouldn't be giving up, period.

Yeah, I think his quote was something like, "unfortunately our seasons going to end early this year". To his defense, his words have reflected his honest emotion and opinions this year. He's been consistent. This quote is consistent with who he is I guess. Either way, I didn't like hearing it - not because I believe we can make the playoffs, it just has a losing mentality to it.

If the Redskins lay down in these next 2 games, like they have the past few weeks, no coach should be around next month. The FO should be gone too, but that should have happened for good when it did the first time in 2001.

I don't think the defense has laid down at all this year...it just seems to me that while the league was figuring out Z-mans tendencies...and he was trying to expand his play book to off set them...the team wasn't able to assimilate the expanded playbook. The offense went from confident and proficient to tentative and confused-hence the false starts, illegal motions, illegal formations, etc. I think Z desparately wanted to have his full playbook for the playoffs...wish he had been more like Billick in Baltimore and just ket doing what worked and sticking to it. Gibbs used the run game as a seldgehammer, and although Z seemed to try the same approach the confusion in the passing game has caught up with them. My 2 cents.

Happy Burgundy and Gold Holidays!

When did he begin trying? He never adjusts, he runs the same plays and formations every single game, at the exact same times, etc.

He only brought his passing game with him.Yet thats where we struggle the most.

He uses Gibbs run game,regardless of the fact that the league has 4 years of tape on it.4 years.I think the opposing teams know our plays better than we do.

What kind of head coach/play caller/qb coach/coordinator uses 4 year old plays?That arent even HIS.

I understand that he did this to make the transition easier.But is it possible that his play book fits on a napkin?We run the same few plays over and over.Week in and week out.We are not hard to figure out.

Our players are not morons.And in fact are very talented.So its hard for me to accept that through training camp,preseason,and 15 weeks of the season,that they only know 8 pass plays.

I just dont get it.

When did he begin trying? He never adjusts, he runs the same plays and formations every single game, at the exact same times, etc.

Thats right. Outside of the predictable 3 ARE passes this year, we have been a static team. No hurry up (sorry, we cant do that in the WCO, a reason to CAN it). We only get to see the shotgun with 1 minute left in the half. His clock management needed work, he felt he never needed to call a timeout before one minute left in the game. Never trusting Jason to call plays for a series, was a mistake.

How is it that Jim Harbaugh can run fake FG's, and we dont try anything the entire year. His offense can feature 3 tackles on one side of the field.

We are running the WCO to the T and it failed with our tiny WR's.

So is this your way of saying that you wouldn't be surprised if the Skins get in? :doh:

We'll all be surprised, but you're the ultimate fan and a much better one than the rest of us b/c you BELIEVE!. Paloffs NOW! :paranoid:

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. It's Sunday, the Pokes lost in embarrassing fashion last night, and your computer works ;)

HTTR

Archived