Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Not a Bad Thing for FedEx to Turn Green Sunday (Merged)

sumodat

I have been reading through some threads - some about tickets that are a dime a dozen, some about giving up on the team, some about firing Zorn, etc - and a common theme is that fans are saddened that Eagles fans will overrun FedEx Field.

I wonder why we, as Redskins fans, care if Eagles fans fill up the stadium? I know I don't. I, personally, want Snyder, with Ceratto sitting right next to him, to look out and see Eagle Green throughout the stadium.

The Redskins don't have enough heart and pride to make a fourth quarter stand - two weeks in a row - while down by one score, with playoffs on the line. The Redskins gave up on the season, and the fans. Why should we, the fans, continue to spend our money (pay Dan Snyder) to sit through this week in and week out?

I love this team. I am a Redskins fan to my bones. But I am so tired of this same old, tired routine. This year was even worse because they managed to fool us into thinking they were good.

I was offered free tickets to this weeks game, and I said I wouldn't go if someone paid me to be there.

Detroit fired Matt Millin. Dan Snyder needs to fire Vinny Ceratto. He is such a joke, openly asking Mel Kiper this morning for information on the upcoming draft! C'mon Ceratto! Are you kidding me?

I couldn't care less if Zorn is retained or fired. I only care that this team is placed in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. Look at what Bill Parcells did with the Dolphins! One year! From 1-15 to a playoff contender!!!

We, as Redskins fans, have to stop having so much pride. Let this team know where we are and how we feel. I wish not one Redskins fan would show up Sunday. I wish the stadium was only half-full, and only with Eagles fans. Not because I'm any less of a fan than anyone else here; but because it's time the fans had a voice. We now have the "unfiltered" voice from the team thanks to Larry the Mouthpiece Michael (yeah right). When will our voice be heard?

So, fans, don't feel like you are less of a fan if you boycott this disaster. I will always love the Redskins, but sorry, I have grown tired of the team management. And team management is reflected on the field.

And when the Redskins folded on the last drive two weeks in a row, that was it for me! I won't miss a snap, and I'll root for them all the way. But I'll be doing it from my couch, careful not to contribute any of my money to Snyder until he fires Ceratto and fixes this mess. And to fix it, a real football person needs to come in here and get to work (see: 07/08 Miami Dolphins).

So, should FedEx turn green this weekend, I will say this: Serves you right Snyder; Serves you right Ceratto! Who of us could produce such horrible results in our jobs, yet still get richer every year? None of us, most likely. Yet Snyder gets richer, Vinny keeps his job, and we get the same results year after year.

FedEx...Go Green!

Hail to the Redskins! Sorry it has to be this way...

This is the perfect storm... Rainy cold conditions, we're out of the playoffs, and the Eagles band wagon is loaded up for a playoff run...

Hell, 40 degress and rainy would be enough to keep our fans from going (see giants game)

It's going to be a sad sight on Sunday.

I thought about this, I agree.

Snyder understands one thing...his pockets. And his pockets ain't straight when opposing fans over run the stadium. This is a great way to send a message to him.

You are wrong. He won't care who sits in the seat as long as the seat is taken. He makes money regardless of who you are cheering for. A sea a green does nothing but bring down the teams moral even farther. They are the only ones who will notice AND care.

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't know if that's the case. Snyder's still going to make a killing whether or not we're going. We're not really sending a clear message to the Owner here if we just let the Eagles run all over FedEx.

It IS a clear message. Listen, I hear you guys on the "he'll still make his money Sunday." True, he will pocket the ticket money. But here is where the message is sent.

1) He will not sell close to the amount of Redskins merchandise.

2) Even more significant, this would send him a message that the Redskins fans are starting to get fed up. And when the fanbase takes action, the owner is left with a choice.

Listen, I don't care who tells me otherwise, that waiting list thing is BS! I have signed up for tickets twice, and both times I was contacted the following season. Not for premium seats either. For regular season tickets. Both times I couldn't afford, and both times I turned them down, but the waiting list IS NOT hundreds of thousands long. I promise. (If you are one who has been waiting, sign up again...they likely lost your name).

Anyway, this is the only way the fans can voice our disapproval

It IS a clear message. Listen, I hear you guys on the "he'll still make his money Sunday." True, he will pocket the ticket money. But here is where the message is sent.

1) He will not sell close to the amount of Redskins merchandise.

He'll make up for that with the way above average alcohol sales attributable to the Eagles fans. ;)

This makes me sick , the less green the better. It is a bad thing when me and other people have to deal with some philly scum bag trying to act like he is hard and starting fights. Way to wish this on fellow skins fans.

THIS makes you sick?

How about the management of this team? Does that not make you sick? Don't go. Let those morons beat up on each other.

Ceratto makes me sick. When I heard him this morning jocking Mel Kiper I was SICK! Look for us to draft a running back because Mel Kiper told Ceratto that RBs are the most surefire picks in the draft. Watch...

That makes ME SICK

Thats what I said in the thread titled dime a dozen and some of the fans who think the franchise is in great hands, LA DE DA ripped me a new one. news falsh

Bring in the enemy fans I hope to HELL they embarass snyder cheering for the eagles booing his disaster of a team rubbing his nose in it. He may have the money but his ego will be furious. the 2 things that pig loves the most is money and himself.

Archived