Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Not a Bad Thing for FedEx to Turn Green Sunday (Merged)

sumodat

What makes me sick is year after year, after year, having pride and paying my hard earned money to see a team I love, lose games they should win. I agree, go green FedEx. And honestly, I don't really care if the players don't like it. Win games and give fans something to be proud of and I guarantee there will be more burgundy and gold than they could imagine. Don't blame the fans who don't go. Blame the front office, the players, and the coaches. I say if you go to this game then you are hurting the team. To the fans who haven't given up, more power to ya but I won't be paying to watch that.Hail!

What makes me sick is year after year, after year, having pride and paying my hard earned money to see a team I love, lose games they should win. I agree, go green FedEx. And honestly, I don't really care if the players don't like it. Win games and give fans something to be proud of and I guarantee there will be more burgundy and gold than they could imagine. Don't blame the fans who don't go. Blame the front office, the players, and the coaches. I say if you go to this game then you are hurting the team. To the fans who haven't given up, more power to ya but I won't be paying to watch that.Hail!

SPOKEN LIKE A PATRIOT :applause::applause:

Redskins fans buy up all his merch from the Redskins store and such. That's a big loss

Snyder only pockets 1/32nd of the revenue generated from merchandise sales. NFL merchandise proceeds are divided equally among the 32 franchises.

Lets say the stadium store generates $30k in sales on a typical gameday. That's less than a thousand dollars in Danny's pocket. He makes about the same amount of revenue on merchandise per game as he does from selling a single pair of zone A club seats per game.

Merchandise sales are not really that big of a loss if the stadium is only at 2/3s capacity.

Are fan base sometimes...........sucks!!!! Yeah, its frustrating but I will be a Skins fan for life. Win, lose or draw. I will root for the B&G. Have some pride. Things didn't work out this year, but don't let other fans take over FEDEX. What the **** is wrong with you people?

You don't have to "let" them do anything. The stadium is too damn big and people can't afford to fill it up, which is why so much opposition is there. Philly is pushing to get into the post season and is only 3-4 hours north. It'll be cold & rainy and the Redskins are putting lousy effort on the field. Which fans do you think will show in greater numbers.

There's no such thing as "pride" in this economy when you have to sell your own tickets, too. People's families will above all else, if they have to sell.

THIS makes you sick?

How about the management of this team? Does that not make you sick? Don't go. Let those morons beat up on each other.

Ceratto makes me sick. When I heard him this morning jocking Mel Kiper I was SICK! Look for us to draft a running back because Mel Kiper told Ceratto that RBs are the most surefire picks in the draft. Watch...

That makes ME SICK

Don't call me me out, im just as sick with yes man vinny and the front office. I heard him this morning asking mel for draft advice, i posted about it right when it happend. Im sick of alot of thing with this team. But to wish a sea of green in your own staduim is sick, espically when its a team that has fans that are willing to fight for no reason, i got into a huge brawl in the parking lot back in the old ball coach years. There was a already one bad invasion of fans, but at least steeler fans had class. Wishing the filth of the trash can on fellow sicks fans is sick.

Buck and Aikman

Thank God it wasn't Moose n Goose. That place is going to be a mad house this week. Buck and Aik might be little more medium and not egg on the downfall. Moose would be throwing gas on the fire with all the attention he would enjoy bringing to the cameras about the green and how bad we are. It's still going to be ugly. There is going to more fights in the stands this week than any other time, I bet. I guarantee you beer sales will be cut off at some point early in the game. I'd like to be there just for the drama of it.:doh:

The point is the only way to make yourself heard is to not go at all. Not next year or the year after - dont buy Skins merchandise, go to games or spend money on them at all until Snyder feels the heat.

I honestly couldnt do that myself. I love my team too much. But it is the only way he will be sent a message.

If you want to make a statment and you had tickets and don't want to go give them to family of skins fans who is not a well off as you might be to go to games. Or if you go just BOOOOOOOOO like a philly fan and just have everyone walk out during the game when the product on the field is piss poor, dont egg on eagles fans to come.

Are fan base sometimes...........sucks!!!! Yeah, its frustrating but I will be a Skins fan for life. Win, lose or draw. I will root for the B&G. Have some pride. Things didn't work out this year, but don't let other fans take over FEDEX. What the **** is wrong with you people?

Look, lets not start calling each other out. I think most everyone on this site loves the Skins. But you say whats wrong with us, I say whats wrong with you? You continue to pay for a less than average franchise, in my book that doesn't make you prideful, just makes you dumb. I get it though. I'm not bashing you because I will still find myself going to games next year even though I have sworn em off. But don't get mad at the fans who are actually trying to do something about it. This has nothing to do with pride.

Nobody said don't be a fan. I said I will still be rooting for them. This is about sending a message. We stomach this BS alone. We lose our money; they keep raking it in.

Keep rooting for the team, by all means. I am not advocating fans lose interest, or root for another team. Just don't spend your money at that stadium. And if you have tickets, sell them, preferably to an Eagles fan.

Let Snyder look out upon that crowd and start to realize this well is running dry.

This fanbase doesn't suck. In fact, it should be considered one of the best, not because of our collective knowledge, but because we have stood behind this team for so long with little returns.

But now, this front office is just making a mockery of us. They boast about having a hundred-thousand name waitlist (not true), they try to fool us (as if we're not smart enough to know better) with their big-splash offseasons, and they put a terrible product on the field year after year.

Look at the coaching search last year. WHO DOES THAT??!!

Please. This fanbase is the best, and we're not getting fair returns.

Regardless of team allegiance, people still bought beer and food...the profit machine of FedEx Field. All (most) of the tickets have been sold over 10 months ago and were paid for 6-7 months ago.

Danny does not hurt in the short term from this. He is still reaping the rewards of what the Cookes and the "legend" of RFK have sewn.

That gravy train is soon going to dry up.

Winning cures all, and last time I checked, we havent figured that one out lately.

The point is the only way to make yourself heard is to not go at all. Not next year or the year after - dont buy Skins merchandise, go to games or spend money on them at all until Snyder feels the heat.

I honestly couldnt do that myself. I love my team too much - maybe I am part of the problem.

It's not just you. It's me and every one of us. Thousands of dolloars, do I give up to this **** pile every year. It won't change if we keep blindly giving him the money.

Sometimes the loudest statement can't be heard at all. (empty stadium)

Nobody said don't be a fan. I said I will still be rooting for them. This is about sending a message. We stomach this BS alone. We lose our money; they keep raking it in.

Keep rooting for the team, by all means. I am not advocating fans lose interest, or root for another team. Just don't spend your money at that stadium. And if you have tickets, sell them, preferably to an Eagles fan.

Let Snyder look out upon that crowd and start to realize this well is running dry.

This fanbase doesn't suck. In fact, it should be considered one of the best, not because of our collective knowledge, but because we have stood behind this team for so long with little returns.

But now, this front office is just making a mockery of us. They boast about having a hundred-thousand name waitlist (not true), they try to fool us (as if we're not smart enough to know better) with their big-splash offseasons, and they put a terrible product on the field year after year.

Look at the coaching search last year. WHO DOES THAT??!!

Please. This fanbase is the best, and we're not getting fair returns.

Perfectly put. I will continue to root for them forever. I've cursed them and told myself not to like them but I can't. I will always love them. But SOMETHING has to be done. I can't stomach this sub par organization anymore.

Fans, if you disagree with this thread thats fine, but at least post an alternative. We need to stand up and voice our displeasure somehow.

I guarantee you beer sales will be cut off at some point early in the game.

That's never happened at FedEx. I don't see why that would change Sunday.

Beer sales will continue till the end of the third quarter on the general admission concourses and up to two hours after the final snap on the premium levels.

It is definately time to do something in lines with boycotting the games if you want this madness to stop. Cerrato, Snyder, Swanson...theya re all a bunch of freakin' clowns...something needs to be done to get their attention and let them know that the fan base is tired.

Right!

And listen, I hear you guys. You're right, not going to this game is not going to cost Snyder immediately. But...but...it WILL send a message. It will let him know this house of cards is coming down.

When he sees all of that green, he will not worry about cashing THAT game check. But he will - or should - be concerned about next year, and the following years.

And blackouts are right around the corner.

This thing about the waiting list, and how difficult it is to buy tickets, that is just a sham to scare people into thinking if they turn tickets down, or give them up, they won't be available later. I promise you, that is not true.

Don't believe me? Go to training camp next year and sign up for seaon tickets. If you aren't contacted during the season, you will be contacted before the following season.

This well is running dry. Too many fans are tired of this.

Even Larry Michael can't spin this. The Redskins front office S U C K S! And WE are the ones who pay! Snyder = rich; Cerrato = rich; players = richer than ever.

Please! Time to boycott it. I will be wearing my white Chris Cooley jersey at home, but I hope to see nothing but green green green throughout FedUp Field

There's a saying that I think applies here, "If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention." People are fed up and feel powerless to voice their disappointment any other way than not showing up for the game. In the end it's all on Snyder. His refusal to listen and change will lead to 'Skins fans taking drastic measures.

This thing about the waiting list, and how difficult it is to buy tickets, that is just a sham to scare people into thinking if they turn tickets down, or give them up, they won't be available later. I promise you, that is not true.

I agree with that.

And blackouts are right around the corner.

I disagree with that statement based on what you said above.

If local tv blackouts were going to happen, they would have already happened by now because the Redskins haven't been close to selling every seat in that stadium for the last several years.

Until someone can prove to me that an owner HAS to report a non sellout, I'm not going to worry about it. Snyder is too smart to allow a local tv blackout, regardless of actual ticket sales.

Teams like Det., Oak, AZ have an incentive to allow local tv blackouts b/c they need to sell seats to generate revenue. Snyder is not in the same boat. He would lose way to much by not showing the games locally. If a few thousand seats go unsold, so what?

I still say that having a ticket burning is a better idea. 20,00 empty stands looks more impressive than 20,000 Eagles fans trying to beat up women and children with Redskin jerseys on.

The only way that Synder is going to understand how pissed the fans are is two simple words: TV BLACKOUT. Won't happen this year but maybe next year.

Archived