Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell vs. E.Manning Statistical Comparison

McSkin30

Manning's organiszation has been stable. The question I ask is would Manning be where Jason is if he'd been in his 4th offense in 5 years behind this line? Would any QB? A lot on this forum feel a QB should flourish behind an old line and playing in 4 offenses in 5 seasons. A lot feel this doesn't matter. I only ask that the same criteria applied to Jason be applied to all QB's.

My main point in this thread and prior is that JC has never been asked to be the "guy". Even early in his career Eli had games that he put the team on his back and made plays to win the game, even when nothing else was working. Campbell has never done that.

Even going back to his college career and his senior season that everyone points too, he only threw the ball 30+ times once. He has always been asked to be a game manager, don't lose the game for your team. I know its just my opinion but looking at the available information going back to Auburn and their is nothing that screams franchise QB.

Hell if you really want to his stats compare better to Tony Banks than Eli or anyone else in the NFCE, game manager not a changer.

The guys who sit here and scream that just because Eli improved doesn't mean Campbell will are completely missing the point.

But that's okay because they're so blinded by their hatred. Wouldn't expect anything less.

All it means is that Campbell MIGHT have room to improve, and that quarterbacks still can be developing in year 4. Campbell has played roughly HALF the games that Eli has, yet people are so ready to write him off.

But its whatever, I'm sure one of you geniuses will tell me why I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

The guys who sit here and scream that just because Eli improved doesn't mean Campbell will are completely missing the point.

But that's okay because they're so blinded by their hatred. Wouldn't expect anything less.

All it means is that Campbell MIGHT have room to improve, and that quarterbacks still can be developing in year 4. Campbell has played roughly HALF the games that Eli has, yet people are so ready to write him off.

But its whatever, I'm sure one of you geniuses will tell me why I'm wrong. :rolleyes:

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say. For those of you intent on finding a new QB to throw under the bus...I mean develop...next year, I hope you don't think putting him behind this same line will result in good things.

Next stats project: average amount of time from snap until QB is touched or forced out of pocket. Maybe I will download the NYG@WAS game and compare that. My guess is an average of 1.5 to 2 seconds more per pass play that Eli has to find an open receiver and make a decision. Thoughts?

I will readily admit that I don't like Campbell, I'd like to see him succeed but he has never shown the ability to win games when everything around him was falling apart.

For him to win he needs near perfect conditions. Even at Auburn he was a game manager, he didn't lose the games but he didn't win them either. Brown and Williams won the games. He was never asked to put the team on his back and win the game, in his pro career he has consistently shown that without a dominant running game he can't carry the team.

Eli on the other hand for all his flaws did show that and showed that early in his career that he could do that. He made plays and won games with a subpar defense and no running game.

As I said before its my opinion from what I've seen and what I've researched on it, if you can show me where I'm wrong I'll look at it, but I don't think I am.

My main point in this thread and prior is that JC has never been asked to be the "guy". Even early in his career Eli had games that he put the team on his back and made plays to win the game, even when nothing else was working. Campbell has never done that.

Even going back to his college career and his senior season that everyone points too, he only threw the ball 30+ times once. He has always been asked to be a game manager, don't lose the game for your team. I know its just my opinion but looking at the available information going back to Auburn and their is nothing that screams franchise QB.

Hell if you really want to his stats compare better to Tony Banks than Eli or anyone else in the NFCE, game manager not a changer.

I disagree with Manning ever putting the Giants on his back. I'd like to see where the Giants don't have the components and Manning put the team on his baack. Hell he's beginning to crack now. I again say that the Giants organization has been stable without constant change. Eli has had a consistent running game, O-line and WR's. The Giants defense is one of the best. Eli is part of the puzzle. Lets not confuse Eli's ability with the Giants success. I'll say it again if Jason has stability, a team that runs the ball consitently, with good pass blocking and still F's up. I'll go with what eveyone is saying. When I look at the Skins, I see bigger problems than Jason to me. Its not like he's Brunell. There was a game for instance where the Skins played the Lions and Portis had like 150 yards rushing. You'd think this would open up the passing game. Brunell still threw for only 120 yards or so. Gibbs was scared to let him throw even in a close game. I've felt for years that the Skins need to shore up the trenches on both sides. Thats the glaring problem to me. See not having a good o-line to me create all the little things that keep setting the offense back. I think the players start pressing to make plays because they can't maintain consistent drives. Yeah I might see a bad throw by Jason, a whiff run or pass block, a dropped pass, a false start, illegal formations, etc. When I've watched some of these games, I can't put 95% of the blame on Jason like most are. Its funny how the circle I hang with talk about all the problems with the team but most on this forum seem to think its 95% Jason if you read most threads. At least thats how I'm taking it.

I will readily admit that I don't like Campbell, I'd like to see him succeed but he has never shown the ability to win games when everything around him was falling apart.

For him to win he needs near perfect conditions. Even at Auburn he was a game manager, he didn't lose the games but he didn't win them either. Brown and Williams won the games. He was never asked to put the team on his back and win the game, in his pro career he has consistently shown that without a dominant running game he can't carry the team.

Eli on the other hand for all his flaws did show that and showed that early in his career that he could do that. He made plays and won games with a subpar defense and no running game.

As I said before its my opinion from what I've seen and what I've researched on it, if you can show me where I'm wrong I'll look at it, but I don't think I am.

So you don't think JC can improve. At all.

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say. For those of you intent on finding a new QB to throw under the bus...I mean develop...next year, I hope you don't think putting him behind this same line will result in good things.

Oh these fans are ridiculous. They'd give Colt 3 starts before calling for his head. The "rational" ones might give him half a season. :rolleyes:

So you don't think JC can improve. At all.

In all honesty...No I don't think so. Theirs just to much evidence that points me to adequate a Tony Banks or Trent Dilfer style quarter back. Good, not great needs perfect conditions to win regularly.

I'm not saying he is horrible he isn't he's average, he'll have a long career in the NFL similar to those two guys and Guss. Manage games but can't win one by himself.

Their is really nothing wrong with that. Just that our situation in DC right now is not an ideal situation. We don't have a near perfect team like the Ravens of 2000 or the Bucs that won the SB. Nor do I think we are going too.

Like I said its my opinion and take it for what you want. I just don't see that added dimension in JC.

Another thing that nobody mentions and everyone ignores is that Campbell's numbers improve every single year despite having to learn new systems and having different coordinators every single year.. Brennan Mania is definitely getting old.. There's a reason why the running cliche on this board is that reason has no place in a discussion about Jason Campbell..

Classy player, stays out of trouble, and is a team player

Monster arm

Deadly accurate

has the ability to scramble

will throw for over 3,000 yards for the first time since Brad Johnson

2-1 int to TD ratio...

How can this guy be so divisive??

I'm sorry, but I just have to say:

ring2.jpg> PH2007092201379.jpg

Its just the way it is. You can quote stats all you want, but ultimately, I'm not a Jason Campbell fan, I'm a Washington Redskins fan. So until he wins one of those, you really can't say he's better.:2cents:

So I guess Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, wasn't good QB's either. They just in the Hall Of Fame, yet neither has a ring either

In all honesty...No I don't think so. Theirs just to much evidence that points me to adequate a Tony Banks or Trent Dilfer style quarter back. Good, not great needs perfect conditions to win regularly.

I'm not saying he is horrible he isn't he's average, he'll have a long career in the NFL similar to those two guys and Guss. Manage games but can't win one by himself.

Their is really nothing wrong with that. Just that our situation in DC right now is not an ideal situation. We don't have a near perfect team like the Ravens of 2000 or the Bucs that won the SB. Nor do I think we are going too.

Like I said its my opinion and take it for what you want. I just don't see that added dimension in JC.

Answer me this then Miss Cleo, when did Tony Banks, Gus Frerotte or Trent D have 3,000+ yards, a 2-1 TD to Int Ratio and a 60+ completion percentage in the same year?????? You people have some serious issues.

I'm sorry, but I just have to say:

ring2.jpg> PH2007092201379.jpg

Its just the way it is. You can quote stats all you want, but ultimately, I'm not a Jason Campbell fan, I'm a Washington Redskins fan. So until he wins one of those, you really can't say he's better.:2cents:

I don't think this thread is saying JC is better then EM now. I think it was saying that JC's first few years compare favorably to a QB that did end up developing. The point is not that JC is better then Eli, the point is that JC has played well enough so far not to give up on.

Another thing that nobody mentions and everyone ignores is that Campbell's numbers improve every single year despite having to learn new systems and having different coordinators every single year.. Brennan Mania is definitely getting old.. There's a reason why the running cliche on this board is that reason has no place in a discussion about Jason Campbell..

Monster arm

Deadly accurate

2-1 int to TD ratio...

Classy Player- We all want classy guys on the team but that's not a reason to keep a guy as the QB

Monster Arm- What's the point if he won't look downfield and is inaccurate on deep pases? The monster arm also comes with a long motion that slows down his release

Deadly accurate- Middle of the pack in accuracy so I don't know what this is based off of. McNabb, Big Ben, Eli all have worse completion percentages but I'd take all 3 over JC and you're going to be more accurate if you never throw downfield.

3000 yards- Irrelavant considering 13 QB's have topped the mark with 2 games to go. By the end of the season 17 QBs should have over 3000 yards passing

I don't think this thread is saying JC is better then EM now. I think it was saying that JC's first few years compare favorably to a QB that did end up developing. The point is not that JC is better then Eli, the point is that JC has played well enough so far not to give up on.

Go back and look at how many other marginal young qb's had similar success to Eli and Campbell statistically in their first few years. Does that mena that they all will improve? Should the Ravens wait on Boller since he had a similar rating to Eli? Should the Bears still give Rex a chance?? This argument is ridiculous....Just because Eli started off average, doesn't mean every average young QB will be Eli....And with Eli's mediocrity, he still made the playoffs in 2 of his first 3 seasons, and had more TD's than JC. So what's the point?

Answer me this then Miss Cleo, when did Tony Banks, Gus Frerotte or Trent D have 3,000+ yards, a 2-1 TD to Int Ratio and a 60+ completion percentage in the same year?????? You people have some serious issues.

At the end of the year I'd be more than happy to look at that. The year isn't over.

I don't have issues I just don't have faith in Campbell, sue me. I openly admit that. I didn't like the pick when it was made, I still don't see him as a franchise QB. He reminds me of the QBs I mentioned above, game managers not game changers.

You have a different view and I respect that, nether less I'm more of a Dion Warrwick psychic network kinda guy.

Go back and look at how many other marginal young qb's had similar success to Eli and Campbell statistically in their first few years. Does that mena that they all will improve? Should the Ravens wait on Boller since he had a similar rating to Eli? Should the Bears still give Rex a chance?? This argument is ridiculous....Just because Eli started off average, doesn't mean every average young QB will be Eli....And with Eli's mediocrity, he still made the playoffs in 2 of his first 3 seasons, and had more TD's than JC. So what's the point?

It may be a rediculous argument...my point was really about flaunting the Eli ring when no one even said that JC was as good as Eli is now. I have no idea if JC will ever develop but I am willing to give him one more year in this offesne to find out. Unless there is going to be a Drew Brees sitting out there in free agency we may as well stick with JC and find out.

This is nonesense, to compare Campbell to Eli is a joke! Do we see at any point and time Campbell coming close to making the SAME kinds of throws that Eli makes on a consistant basis? Not even close! Not even on an inconsistant basis.

So far in Campbells entire career he has had 1 legitimate season, that was his senior season and that's it. We have wasted 4 years on this guy and if some of you have your way we will waste another 4 years. He is not an NFL starting QB!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what the infatuation is with trying to make every excuse under the sun for this guy? Get over it and move on.

As if Campbell would have won a super bowl last season if he played with the Giants what a joke.

At the end of the year I'd be more than happy to look at that. The year isn't over.

I don't have issues I just don't have faith in Campbell, sue me. I openly admit that. I didn't like the pick when it was made, I still don't see him as a franchise QB. He reminds me of the QBs I mentioned above, game managers not game changers.

You have a different view and I respect that, nether less I'm more of a Dion Warrwick psychic network kinda guy.

Your lack of faith is due to a preconceived bias that admittedly was conceived from the day he was drafted. This has lead to many, who like you, irrationally blaming every conceivable problem this team has on him. Your lack of faith is leading to a lack of reason.

And let me make one thing clear, which I appologize if the tone is a bit accusatory, I am sick and tired and of Jason Campbell being compared to every single black QB that ended up being a failure.. Troy Banks comparisons are so bizarre and off base that it kind of makes me suspicious of where all of this resentment comes from.

Monster arm

Deadly accurate

2-1 int to TD ratio...

Seriously? Do you watch Redskins games? Campbell's accuracy should be the last thing any JC apologist would bring up. You just killed any credibility you were trying sell. Unless, of course, you plan on proving that Zorn's playbook is filled with passes to the feet, passes to the ground, passes twenty feet above receivers, etc.

Boller and Rex both have never thrown more TD's than ints.. Their growing pains were to detrimental for any team to tolerate. try another card partner..

Seriously? Do you watch Redskins games? Campbell's accuracy should be the last thing any JC apologist would bring up. You just killed any credibility you were trying sell. Unless, of course, you plan on proving that Zorn's playbook is filled with passes to the feet, passes to the ground, passes twenty feet above receivers, etc.

I watch every play of every single Redskins Game.. 62% completion rate for the past two seasons is pretty damn accurate... and that's with our receivers having problems getting open and having the dropsies all year long.

Name 1 quarterback who doesn't throw to a receiver's feet and over their head at least 38 times out of every 100 passes.. Your Madden Football mentality killed any credibility that you have..

Archived