Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell vs. E.Manning Statistical Comparison

McSkin30

Drew Brees had Joe Horn, et al. and Chad Pennington 3200 yard (200 more than Campbell) and 14 TDs (two more than Campbell) 6 ints (same as Campbell), yet you say he's having an "excellent year" but Jason Campbell is a total bust.. riiiiighttt..

for Penningtons standards it's an excellent year, and still better than the year Campbells having. He also has 1 Rushing TD to Campbells 0(theres 3 more TD's) and 4 less fumbles(2 to campbells 6). He's also thrown for 200 more yards despite having 31 LESS attempt then Campbell, and is averaging 1.2 more yards per throw then Campbell.

as for "Joe Horn, et al."

are you ****ing kidding me?...Horn had 680 yards that season and didn't even finish the season. The only 1000 yard WR they had was the rookie Colston..

Brees was pretty much reason that team turned things around they did...trying to credit the mediocre(at best) WR's he had at the time is idiotic.

Ok so when JC threw that Bomb to Santana and he dropped it.. that doesn't count... the numerous drive killing drops by James Thrash this year doesn't count.. the touchdown dropped by Mike Sellers doesn't count. all of those balls were perfectly placed and I just scratched the surface..

The earlier Vince Young comparison somewhat reinforces my point about how alot of people on here are comparing JC to just any random black QB who ended up being a failure.. its really disgusting..

where did I ever say all of the drops didn't count?.......Don't put words in my mouth.

I said that a good ammount of the dropped passes have been because of Campbells poor placement, not all of them.

pulling the race card?...there goes any credibility you had....Campbells been mediocre at best so far...if you want to continue to suck his **** and pretend he's going to be the savior, go right ahead.

As for the whole 'black QB' thing..I would have taken McNabb over Campbell for the past 4 years ANY DAY. And I think a bunch of the people here would agree with me. It has nothing to do with Race. Campbell just isn't good.

Here's my Eli vs. JC statistical analysis:

Has Manning won a Super Bowl? Yes

Has Jason? No.

And race has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. The offense is scoring 10 points a game, and the QB touches the ball on every play. You cannot seriously tell me that a different QB - be he black, white, yellow, orange, or whatever - couldn't AT LEAST lead his team to 10 points?

This happens because people place too much emphasis on TD to INT ratio rather than TD #s alone. If a QB throws 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions throughout 16 games, his TD to INT ratio is as good as it gets. It's infinity! Yet 5 passining touchdowns throughout 16 games will hardly help the team's efforts of winning football games or the offense's efforts of actually SCORING POINTS. **** TD to INT ratio!

True about the emphasis on the TD/INT ratio.

I found it interesting that Jason's first year stats are actually his second year as he sat and learned the system. Eli played his rookie year and Kurt Warner sat. So actually, Jason's first year stats should be up against Eli's second. What is also not shown is that Eli threw for atleast 100 more attempts per a season than Jason did. this last part shows that Eli is more comfortable with his passsing abilities than Jason is. The same goes for the coaches.

Put Campbell with 30+ year old linemen made up of a center and guard who are incapable of moving the pile on a goal line stand. Oh, and make sure the center is overmatched by every nose tackle in the 3-4 defenses they face. Give him 2 right tackles: one that can't pass block and the other that can't run block. Play either of them. Make sure that any backup OL you have are the undrafted free agents that every other team passed on. Add in 5'10" receivers, only put every D around putting the only good WR in double coverage. How good are his chances?

Now draft a center and a guard that can push the pile back AND pass block. Go another season and draft a strong OT, any of the top 5. Make sure he can pass block and run block and another guard that can pull, pass block and run block. Are his chances any better

So, you're throwing everyone under the bus, except Jason? He gets the benefit of the doubt , for accomplishing what exactly?

The thing about objectivity is that you have to apply the same lens to everything evenly, which you clearly haven't done here.

Are you guys comfortable waiting another 3yrs to see if Campbell improves? I'm not.

The NFL doesn't wait on anyone, because there's always someone else ready to step in who can produce.

Jason's a statue in the pocket. He can't feel the rush or move to avoid it.

Throws at peoples feet or overthrows the ball. Has no touch, it's a bullit or nothing. Campbell wides-up like a baseball pitcher, too slow. Have you noticed all the tipped balls? That's caused from staring down the reciever. He can't process information quick enough to read a defense to save his life.

I've made excuses for him long enough. I'm over it.

I'm tired of seeing this offense in neutral. Either produce points or move on.

And let me make one thing clear, which I appologize if the tone is a bit accusatory, I am sick and tired and of Jason Campbell being compared to every single black QB that ended up being a failure.. Troy Banks comparisons are so bizarre and off base that it kind of makes me suspicious of where all of this resentment comes from.

It saddens me that people always have to use the race card in some way shape or fashion. The only person talking about JC's race is you and you have done it with multiple posts during this topic. People have been comparing him to white and black qb's in this thread and your comments are ignorant and offensive. I think you owe everyone an apology for even bringing that up and using that because you don't agree with someone's opinion. It is irresponsible and not something you should throw around on these boards that's not what they are meant for.

The only color that should be talked about is burgandy and gold and not what color a player is. We as Redskin fans love the team for better or worse no matter what race, creed, or religion they are. You may have very valid opinions concerning this team but you ruin them with your ignorant comments when you try to use race as a weapon and should feel ashamed of yourself for trying. Let us remember the main goal is to try to uplift the team not destroy it and the fans with hate and bigotry. Please try to keep that in mind when you make future posts accusing someone of something so heinous and keep in mind who you could be hurting with your comments.

With that said please keep this topic going I have enjoyed the great debate there has been some good points made...

Archived