Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell & QB Discussion Thread, Cincy Postgame. POST HERE. DO NOT SPAM BOARD.

ron5668

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If I hear one more person crow about Colt’s college exploits, I’m gonna scream. The next QB from one of those run and gun, throw every down, rack up the numbers offenses that turns out to be any good, will be the first one. Quick, somebody name me one, just one. Hawaii, Houston, Rice, Texas Tech, all their QB’s suck. There’s a reason for that. But Brennan’s the exception to the rule. Not likely. But if you wanna waste time on him, knock yourself out.

For those of you who don't think the QB makes a difference on a team I suggest that you ask the NY Jets, a team that went 4-12 last year and ranked 25th in points compared to this season with the addition to Brett Favre being 9-5 and ranked 3rd in scoring and top of the AFC East.

Whether Colt Brennan is the answer or not still needs to be proven on the field. The obvious is that Jason Campbell is NOT the answer. He's had two years to demonstrate his mediocrity and inability to make big plays for the team. You never know... Colt could be another Jake Delhomme... someone without a huge resume, but the intangible of being a winner.

Okay guys, Big Ben Roethlisberger can get it done without an Offensive Line or much of one, JC should be able to too, because that difference between a good QB and a mediocre / bad one. You can argue "Oh, Ben has more playing time, JC has been under 3 different systems" blah blah blah, here's the real truth: Ben did awesome his first year. Matt Ryan, is doing GREAT this year, and they both learned the team's system QUICK FIRST YEAR. Both have "IT", you can sense it in the way they play.

Yeh, it would help if our guys quit dropping the ball though too... I agree.

JC might have won us a few games early last year, but I hate to say it but the only reason we went to the playoffs last year was because he got injured and Todd Collins came in.

Let's face it guys, Jason Campbell doesn't have "IT", he will be a middling QB with some sporadic spouts of awesomeness from time to time. You might think that with ALL the talent on our team, that wouldn't really matter (i.e. look at the Tennessee Titans this year), but for some reason we can't MOVE THE BALL! That keeps our Defense on the field, they get worn down, other team scores points, we can't score points, then we get nearly blown out by the Cincinnati Bengals!

I really wish I could change my name to TheRiseofColt right now.

Put Colt in, lets see what the kid's got, our year is done now anyways.

Man if the Steelers didn't have that defense, it would over. They give Ben chance after chance after chance. Hell if Ben would've stayed in the Skins game,I think the Skins would've won. Ben stinks and makes bad plays period. Their defense is second to none.

this board makes me sick.

How come no fans call out our pressureless D-line. How about our 30 and over O-line. How about the piss poor GM and the use of draft picks.

And if you have called them out... then why are you pointing the finger at JC.

JC, Portis, Fletcher, and Horton are the only bright spots on this team.

My take on the matter is that we have an open competition for starting QB this offseason. Campbell, Brennan, and bring in someone out of free agency. The best man wins.

I voted start Brennan in this poll because Campbell isn't the answer, and a free agent is in free agency for some reason, and Brennan has yet to prove himself, not to mention that other teams are having success with young quarterbacks (i.e. Atlanta and Baltimore)

How come no fans call out our pressureless D-line. How about our 30 and over O-line. How about the piss poor GM and the use of draft picks.

Where have you been? People do call out the DL, and excuse us if we're not being critical enough of the defense for you, they are the only thing keeping us in games.

JC's name doesn't need to be mentioned with Fletcher or Portis, he's not the same caliber of player.

tHIS IS THE SAME THING YOU Said about Jason when Burnell was stinking up the joint. You Qb experts make me sick.

Come on...of course we said it about JC when Brunnell was playing. We needed a change and that was the right time.

What, exactly, is it going to hurt to put Brennan in for the last two games to see what he can actually do? All we ever hear is that Colt used to fold in the big games in college. Well, let's see....now is the right time.

I'm not pretending that the blame lies with JC alone. He has no o-line. His receivers drop passes that should be caught. His tight end fumbles for a second time against pitiful teams and destroys the momentum and spirit.

AND FOR F***'S SAKE, SOMEBODY YANK CARLOS ROGERS BEFORE HE GETS BEAT AGAIN OR DROPS AN EASY INTERCEPTION!!!! :rolleyes:

Yep, we won't know until we see him in there.

Unless you've seen him in practice every day and no he's not ready. Not saying that I have, but perhaps the coaches have. It's not often you go from inactive rookie 3rd QB in a completely foreign offense that even the vets haven't totally seemed to pick up yet to starting and do much of anything. Expectations would have to be pretty much zero or it wouldn't be fair.

not even close

Courtney Taylor 43 catches 737 yards- 17.1 YPC

Ronnie Brown 34 catches 313 yards- 9.2 YPC

Ben Obomanu 25 catches 359 yards- 14.4 YPC

Devin Aromashodu 24 catches 513 yards- 21.4 YPC

Carnell Williams 21 catches 152 yards- 7.2 YPC

Anthony Mix 19 catches 294 yards- 14.4 YPC

Cooper Wallace 19 catches 302 yards- 15.9 YPC

Silas Daniels 9 catches 169 yards- 18.8 YPC

Jason Campbell 188/270 2700 Yards 20 TD 7 Int 10.0 YPA 69.6 Comp.% 172.9 QB Rating 207.7 YPG

Taylor is #1 in receptions with 43. Ronnie Brown is #2 in receptions with 34. Obamanu is #3 with 25, but Cadillac Williams had 21, which is very close to 25.

I didn't use yards because a RB is not going to have the same kind of yards per catch as a WR. The point is who gets the most balls thrown to them, not who gets the most big pass plays.

Our D-line has been discussed adnauseum. They are old and they stink

Bottom line is that Campbell is not SMART enough to read a defense. Yes, our O-line is old, but he holds the ball too long. He stands there, stares down his primary receiver and causes sacks with his indecision.

There were instances against the Giants where Cooley was WIDE THE **** OPEN about 40 yards down field and Cambell dumps it off to ARE for a 4 or 5 yard gain. There were 25 other guys in the stands screaming the same thing. It was at that moment that I realized that our QB is nothing more than a big dummy with a strong arm.

:2cents:

For all of those disappointed and frustrated people, I'm right there with you, Jason Campbell is not the answer, but neither is Colt Brennan. Mechanically Colt Brennan is just not good enough to be a NFL quarterback. And for the optimist that believe that hes the next Tom Brady just because he was drafted in the same round, you guys are idiots. There is a reason why the scouts passed up on him. And for my last point when is the last time somebody from Hawaii especially a quarterback had success in the NFL?

Are you an illegal immigrant?

It's not often you go from inactive rookie 3rd QB in a completely foreign offense that even the vets haven't totally seemed to pick up yet to starting and do much of anything.

Colt Brennan is a better fit for the WCO than Campbell. And the WCO isn't much different than the Run-N-Shoot offense run by Hawaii. And I believe i heard somewhere he ran a somewhat west coast-ish system in high school? He has a quicker release, and not to mention smaller. Smaller in this case is better, would you rather have a quick-armed quarterback or a lanky slow one in the WCO?

His stock fell because of his performance against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and his hip injury.

I think you are being a little too quick in saying he will not be able to play in the league.

I don't know if he can or not, but I do know that you don't know either.

Unless you've seen him in practice every day and no he's not ready. Not saying that I have, but perhaps the coaches have. It's not often you go from inactive rookie 3rd QB in a completely foreign offense that even the vets haven't totally seemed to pick up yet to starting and do much of anything. Expectations would have to be pretty much zero or it wouldn't be fair.

At this point I don't even know if I trust what the coaches think about our personnel. Zorn seems reluctant to take the blame for anything like he has all season. We saw it again yesterday in the post-game press conference when he defended running Mike Sellers on the same play twice in a row on the goal line, when a) we had the 3rd best rusher in the NFL on the bench and B) Sellers has a history of coughing it up at the goal line.

And that's just one of many things that Zorn has refused to take any accountability on.

Not to mention his stubborness when it comes to the rookies. Why aren't they getting any in-game experience? You can't tell me that Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are any worse than James Thrash and ARE. One week Zorn is telling the media that Fred Davis isn't ready, he doesn't know the playbook and can't even contribute on special teams, all the while keeping him inactive on Sundays and the next week he's in the game for almost half of all offensive plays.

For some unknown reason Zorn is completely committed to Jason Campbell, maybe Danny has his hands in the mix behind closed doors but we'll never know.

I'll admit it, I've been supporting Jason Campbell for a couple of years now but it's he has now proven that he's not capable of making plays, even if he gets protection from the OL.

It's time to cut our losses and find a franchise QB. I don't know if Colt is that guy or not but there's only one way to tell. If he's not the guy then fine, let's trade for Matt Cassel or draft a QB. We'll likely have a top-ten pick in April anyway.

I'm just as disappointed as everyone else but Jason has had more than enough time to prove himself and he just isn't starting-QB material.

Archived