Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Christmas pudding....

ljs

First, thank you Bang for inspiring this thread....

ok, so it was kindly brought up that Christmas pudding is a popular treat during the holidays and I'm hungry. So I thought it would be fun for people to post their favorite "Christmas, winter solstice, Hanukah, Kwanza, new year, December, wintery." treat...

For me, I LOVE my grandma's peanut brittle...that and the little candied pretzels.

PS...only happy fun people need apply..this is about food, which should make us all smile!

Why's it gotta be 'Christmas' pudding? You christians are always trying to push your values on us... especially when it comes to dairy products. :mad:

this is OUR holiday heathen!!

now be gone and eat your eye of newt stew or whatever hippie treat theyre making this time of the year. :silly:

I like beer.

The holiday brews are nice,got a case of Shiner Cheer the other day.(a bit too sweet,but tasty)

As far as food,I love the no-bake oatmeal cookies(a traditional Christmas treat in my family)

Of course I make them year round

Why's it gotta be 'Christmas' pudding? You christians are always trying to push your values on us... especially when it comes to dairy products. :mad:

(in my whiney Christian voice)- Why are all you athiests trying to take away my Christmas pudding? This isn't just any other pudding, it's CHRISTMAS pudding..:silly:

ok, back to reality......

why is it called bark?

i dont really care because just the flavor alone makes me want to eat a pound of it. but what is it?

Because it looks like broken pieces of tree bark, I guess. Chocolate is melted into a long flat sheet, things are mixed in, then it is cooled and broken into irregular pieces.

http://www.pecanturtles.com/productpics/bigpics/bark.jpg

http://www.mrchocolate.com/product_images/JTorres_Bark_Dark_med.jpg

My wife and I have our own tradition,, since my son goes to see his mother at noon on Christmas, we have ourselves a clambake for dinner with fresh live lobsters, clams, mussells, the works.

Good stuff

~Bang

Mmmm, since you're son goes to see his mother, does that mean you have an extra place at the table with some extra fixins for a hungry mickalino ?

:hungry:

:)

Archived