Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins Players Cooling To Zorn

Horatio

isnt that vinnys job?

If you think that Cerrato doesn't listen to Zorn, then you need to think again. But, I'm all for laying blame at Vinny's feet as well.

Bottom line is that they have known for several weeks that most of our problems exist because of the weak offensive line, specifically, the pass rush. What exactly have they done to corect that problem?

If you think that Cerrato doesn't listen to Zorn, then you need to think again. But, I'm all for laying blame at Vinny's feet as well.

Bottom line is that they have known for several weeks that most of our problems exist because of the weak offensive line, specifically, the pass rush. What exactly have they done to corect that problem?

what do you expect them to do in the middle of the season? obviously they know that we need to work on the line. i would expect them to work on it in the offseason.

A slump? lol. More like a ****ing disaster. Tell me we are still in a slump at the end of the season. A slump, lol, get the **** outta here!

You get the **** outta here. Its obvious the problems start with the OL.

Quit your ****ing and pay attention to Zorn. Funny how all of sudden he can't be as aggressive with offense. The OL is beat up and old.

You get the **** outta here. Its obvious the problems start with the OL.

Quit your ****ing and pay attention to Zorn. Funny how all of sudden he can't be as aggressive with offense. The OL is beat up and old.

Having a terrible offensive line is not a "slump". A team going through a "slump" is usually one that's always been consistent in winning games then for some odd reason, they start to lose a few. That's what a "slump" is.

This team is not good enough to go through a "slump". This team has a lot of issues and yes, both lines are awful and is causing this team to lose games on a consistent basis. That my friend is not a "slump", it's a team with a lousy offense that will be ****ing lucky to beat the Bengals this Sunday.

Know what a "slump" is before assigning that statement to this team. By the way, I'm not ****ing, just telling it like it is.

we came out strong against the Ravens....then just got unlucky and it snowballed...maybe PFT reads certain posters here as "sources"??

I think we were overconfident and trying to ramp up our O and ran into a buzzsaw of a schedule against the leagues best defenses.

We need to crush the Bengals. I can't quite figure how Zorn and Sherman Smith and Buges after all this time in Pro Ball all the sudden don't know what's up.

I have seen Zorn credit players and call them out...isn't that what coaches do?

What is Zorn supposed to say...our scheme sucks we are going to start over in mid season?

Again its the losing that is causing this...we need players to believe in the system, keep working hard to makes some plays...there is no other option.

Sounds like contrived :bsflag:

PFT is known for having these types of reports, where unnamed sources are feeding them "information" - kinda like JLC.

Exactly.

When the Skins were 6-2 every0one was giving credit to Portis as an MVP canidate first, Campbell for his efficiency second, and Zorn third.

We just haven't won is so long that the mediots forgot it.

looks like they copied and pasted their blurb directly from LavarLeap's post here.

Unnamed source = extremeskins to create unnecessary drama

And Snider's column as well. That source seems to get around.

Yeah, everyone's frustrated right now and such things will be said. It doesn't mean that Zorn will lose his job. There are a lot of people at fault for where the team is, not just Zorn.

Ive actually been in support of Zorn since yesterday i saw alot of positives and he took the hit for some things and all the players seemed to be upbeat and happy which is encouraging. Seems like the air is cleared and they have moved on and are the same page.

Which is why saying things before things resolve themselves can cause unnessicary heartburn. That's why I was bothered by your overzellousness in promoting the viewpoint you got from the team. It was obvious that you took what you heard hard and it colored your feelings, particularly since it sounded like your source was equally upset.

I am happy to hear that things are turning themselves around in your eyes.

Ive actually been in support of Zorn since yesterday i saw alot of positives and he took the hit for some things and all the players seemed to be upbeat and happy which is encouraging. Seems like the air is cleared and they have moved on and are the same page.

since it seems like everyone listens to you so much I wanted to quote you and put it back up there again. I dont know you or if you really do have inside info but people here trust your word.

:cheers:

Ya know, I really feel for the MODs right now. they are having to read thru all of this doom and gloom and chicken little postings and I bet it just gets really trying and tiresome. People need to relax on this crap and just root for your team. Plain and simple.

what do you expect them to do in the middle of the season? obviously they know that we need to work on the line. i would expect them to work on it in the offseason.

Well, they signed a bunch of players yesterday because of necessity. They could have been thinking about that O-line since week 4 and made some roster changes.

I'm am in no way saying I have the answers and I'm not sure exactly what could have been done to bolster the O-line, but it seems we've been hanging on by the skin of our teeth even against teams that should we should have killed.

Actually nothing was colored and the issues were exactly what i posted they were to a T.Yourself and Herb continue to be on the attack for no reason and it makes no sense. So by your and Herbs statements in here apparantly im a source now for the DC Examiner and Rick Snider, The Washington post, and now PFT?? come on bro really you guys are reaching and i thought this was all done with last night herb?

Since you guys are on the hunt it seems might as well say im a source for Jim Zorn too because in case you missed it he made a statement as well pertaing to exactly the same information i passed to the board. The players meeting had a positive outcome and after the practice he had this to say in case you havnt read it.

Zorn: 'We're All in It Together'

More highlights from Jim Zorn's post-practice press conference:

Asked if he regretted anything that might have set Clinton Portis off, Zorn said no, adding that he hopes he has not implied that he is above the team or not accountable for problems.

"We're all in it together," Zorn said. "We all have accountability and responsibility ... I'm trying to be transparent."

Zorn said he read a transcript of the Portis radio interview and thought it was "interesting." "I was just glad that he thought I was a genius," Zorn joked.

He was asked again about job security, and about some veiled reports about him being in trouble.

"I don't even know all that stuff is out there," Zorn said, adding, "it won't be up to me," and saying he wants to "better" all expectations of what he can accomplish here. He was also asked about players losing belief in his scheme and play calling.

"I don't fear that," Zorn said. "I think it can creep in, but I don't fear it ... In a time of crisis your belief system gets challenged."

So do you think he brought that up about him being accountable and saying he hopes he wasnt coming off as being above the team because he read my post to bro? No, the issues were aired out and dealt with head on in the players meeting and his public comments about it were the right thing to do and its shows the players he adds himself to the equation so he listened to them and took what they said to heart and that shows growth in a rookies head coach and thats all that matters and hopefully it brings everyone closer together.

I find it interesting that no one brings up that Zorn told CP to keep things behind closed doors than proceeds to talk for over 10 minutes about what happened in their closed door meeting.

Things like that can't go unnoticed by the players.

More than anything, Zorn is so different in the way he deals with his players from Gibbs. It's probably an unfair comparison but they have the same players. It's possible the players will get used to the new style after a bump in the road like this, or it's possible that Zorn is not able to reach them after they saw Gibbs get the best out of them.

Archived