Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins Players Cooling To Zorn

Horatio

1. Gibbs 2 didn't adapt to anything at all. You are crazy. Portis up the middle, Portis left, pass on third.

The only time it appeared he was changing, was when he brought Al in. Then he handcuffed him.

2. San Francisco, architects of the best WCO ever....constantly ran the exact same plays over and over again. The only difference? They had a great qb and great skill position players. We don't. Blame Vinny and Joe for that.

It is the guy's first year. Has he been perfect? No.

Does he have great players to work with? No.

:cheers:

1. Gibbs 2 didn't adapt to anything at all. You are crazy. Portis up the middle, Portis left, pass on third.

The only time it appeared he was changing, was when he brought Al in. Then he handcuffed him.

2. San Francisco, architects of the best WCO ever....constantly ran the exact same plays over and over again. The only difference? They had a great qb and great skill position players. We don't. Blame Vinny and Joe for that.

It is the guy's first year. Has he been perfect? No.

Does he have great players to work with? No.

:cheers:

we were rolling w/ gibbs in 05...we just needed a qb...then we messed it up

I doubt Cowher would ever come here either...and that's pretty sad when your franchise is viewed in such a way a great coach like that would want no parts of it.

All any of us are really doing is speculating so stop acting like you know more than the next guy posting. There "may" be rumblings from several players and not just Clinton... we don't need them to see how Zorn handles things and how it does seem he's a little big headed about his professing, and scheme etc.

In contrast when they fail the players aren't getting it done, that if they simply, "executed" what he draws up they'd win every game. That's how it comes across sometimes... Why do so many here buy that the coach is so infallible and it has to be the players?

Again it's probably a bit of both because he's new, the system is new, and now they're loosing and everyone, especially the players busting their butts on Sunday are frustrated. I hate to look to next year, but I think it will tell more about Zorn, the offense, the personnel we have, etc. I think Zorn has done a pretty good job considering his prior exp is a QB's coach. The early success is what hurt our expectations...before the season started many didn't even expect 7-9 or 8-8 and they will probably be at least 9-7 if not 10-6

we were rolling w/ gibbs in 05...we just needed a qb...then we messed it up

I agree. I believe we were just missing a few players at that time.

I assume Gibbs brought Al in for the future....not knowing how long he was going to stay, and to make sure the team was prepared when he departed.

But I would have loved it if we had just gone on as we were.

I agree. I believe we were just missing a few players at that time.

I assume Gibbs brought Al in for the future....not knowing how long he was going to stay, and to make sure the team was prepared when he departed.

But I would have loved it if we had just gone on as we were.

Our offense was nothing to brag about then. Changes were needed, the old counter-trey and other plays weren't working anymore. Defensive lines are faster with more LBs and DTs changing positions during a play (like the zone blitz). More beef on the OL and having more than one receiver (Moss) as a deep threat would've helped too, but that's another story.

The players are getting frustrated in what the believe in ******** "its my way or the highway attitude". Now I know a new coach must come in the make sure things are done his way but one of the great attributes of Coach Gibbs was if things were not working he was have the ego and pride to change things to fit the kind of players he had. He would swallow his pride and adapt...something so far ******** had flat out refused to do since he believe his schems if execution is done right would be unstopablle.

ok so this post might be a little late seeing as how the situation may be over and done with but this post paints a picture of a coach that sounds eerily familiar to me. i blanked out the coaches name. read it through. this sounds like a certain coach that the players hated at first and didnt get a lot of love but now everyone wanted to be our head coach.

just saying.

Cowher is not coming here. So, fans need to chill with that. This is what happens when a team goes through a slump. Fans start finger pointing, media outlets catch on, and feed off each other. Its ridiculous. Its time to move on.

So..... when did you and Cowher meet? Probably a dinner at Mortons???

Archived