Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Introducing Blackbird: Internet browser for African Americans

Cooked Crack

This is a major improvement over my regular browser that gives me non racial results.

What a crock of **** this is. Just throw it on the heap of segregation we already have.

It's all okay, as long as those in the benefit approve. Because then it has a positive racial message. Push the blacks ahead and all is good.

Bull****.

In reality, what's the difference between using this browser, and using IE and typing in "African American Dating" into Google? I'm assuming that using this new browser means I wouldn't have to type in "African American", and that I'd be more likely to get dating sites geared towards blacks in my results.

I'd also assume that there would be more "Google Ad Links" geared towards sites that cater to African American concerns and businesses as well...which would probably be favored by those black site owners who are trying to get more attention to their business by steering black internet users to their sites.

In reality, what's the difference between using this browser, and using IE and typing in "African American Dating" into Google? I'm assuming that using this new browser means I wouldn't have to type in "African American", and that I'd be more likely to get dating sites geared towards blacks in my results.

I'd also assume that there would be more "Google Ad Links" geared towards sites that cater to African American concerns and businesses as well...which would probably be favored by those black site owners who are trying to get more attention to their business by steering black internet users to their sites.

I'm not dodging your question, but after reading what Portis is saying right now and a quick dip in the Stadium, I don't think I should be clicking on this thread for the rest of today.

You went over the line with this post. I didn't plan on responding, but you guys are overreacting to this browser. Do you all really believe this screams "We AA's want segregation back"? Do you all understand that AA's were deprived and oppressed and forced into slavery "LEGALLY by it's own government" for close to 350 years and have only been treated and given full citizenship for about 50 years. Slowly but surely, we all can honestly agree race relations have and are improving since that day in the 1600's. Understand that there are millions of AA's who were alive and well when they couldn't attend certain schools, cinemas, restaurants, etc legally.

And for this country to be color blind one day is an awesome goal that I'm sure the majority of American's would love to see, but CURRENTLY, there IS a double standard. Get over it. It will slowly dissipate. Let's just pray it does in less than 350 yrs time.

Well I, for one, am passionately in favor of the full, unfettered rights of Alcoholics Anonymous.

It wouldn't because Google and other search engines are geared towards the keywords you type in, and your browser won't be adding any to your search.

Google ads are set up by the owners of the sites you see them on, and as such they pull ads based on keywords supplied by those site owners to reflect ads that would best be suited towards visitors of their site.

Your browser has no control over which ads are presented.

Likely what this browser has are color schemes and skins to reflect African themes. It probably has pre-set bookmarks for AA themed sites.

But browsers can only read the code as presented on the site you navigate to. It can't do anything else. You can do identical google searches on that browser and on IE and you'll get the same results.

~Bang

I have no problem with this but I wouldn't download it. People have the right to browse the internet the way they chose. It's like buying a magazine directed at a particular group. Now let people come complain about where's my white browser.

They have web browsers for specified for women (and the gays).

ok, so for the sake of argument, would you be ok with a web browser that caters to people who have views in line with the KKK? I'm not saying it would advocate violence, just a on a purely ideological level. (I'm not trying to trip you up, I'm genuenly curious. I think individualized browsers are stupid.)

It wouldn't because Google and other search engines are geared towards the keywords you type in, and your browser won't be adding any to your search.

Google ads are set up by the owners of the sites you see them on, and as such they pull ads based on keywords supplied by those site owners to reflect ads that would best be suited towards visitors of their site.

Your browser has no control over which ads are presented.

Likely what this browser has are color schemes and skins to reflect African themes. It probably has pre-set bookmarks for AA themed sites.

But browsers can only read the code as presented on the site you navigate to. It can't do anything else. You can do identical google searches on that browser and on IE and you'll get the same results.

~Bang

Well, it said this:

For example, Black Search moves important information from African American sites higher in your search results.

That made me think that if, say, I typed in the word "Dating" into this new browser the first page of links would show dating sites that cater specifically to the Black community before it showed me generic dating sites like Match.com, even though I didn't type in the words "black" or "african american" in my search.

And I'm also assuming that this new browser would target ad links that have the words "african american" in their keywords. So that, for example, if I type in "greeting cards", the google ad links along the side of the page that would show up first would be the ones for sites that have lines of African-American themed greeting cards or feature art by black artists or something.

ok, so for the sake of argument, would you be ok with a web browser that caters to people who have views in line with the KKK? I'm not saying it would advocate violence, just a on a purely ideological level. (I'm not trying to trip you up, I'm genuenly curious. I think individualized browsers are stupid.)

I know you didn't ask me, but I personally wouldn't give a rat's ass...

I'm sure there's some geeky IT guy who's geared toward that way of thinking that will develop some "easier" way for his white supremacy brethren to search the internet for like-minded sites, and will release his customized browser...which maybe 500 people total will bother downloading lol. Hell, there are already independent record labels that cator to white supremacy rock groups, so why would a browser freak me out?

People like that apparently have their own toolbar.

http://******haters.ourtoolbar.com/

I don't like it but I don't care how people want to view their internet as long as it's legal. Just like there are religion specific operating systems.

Archived