Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This week is a must win for the Redskins!!!

Misterwookas

This week is a must win week for the Redskins. With the way the schedule is playing out and our able to win tiebreakers over Dallas and the Falcons (they lost to Philly) this week against the Ravens can make or break our season.

Dallas is 8-4 at Pittsburgh. The Steeler defense should be able to neutralize the Cowboys and thus a hard fought Steeler victory should be evident.

Atlanta plays New Orleans but they have divsion rivals the Panthers and Bucs left to play who just about have the NFC South and the 5th spot locked up.

If the Skins can win and the Cowboys lose then we will edge them by tiebreaker. There is a good chance that the Falcons will beat the Saints but they have tough games left and we beat them on tiebreaker.

The good thing for us is that we have Cincy and San Fran (albeit on the road) and the home game with Philly on the 23rd. The way it looks the schedule is working in our favor. ITS TIME FOR ONE OF THOSE PATENETED LATE SEASON RUNS!!! LETS GET ER DONE!!!

HTTR!!!!!!!!!

Agree 100%. This game is pivotal. Even though the Skins seem to have an easy time of it the last 3 weeks, got to start building some momentum this week. There's always the possibility that a game could be dropped in the last few weeks against the Eagles for instance. Outside looking in at the moment. Something has to be done about the O-line, they appeared to be done in the Giants game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think we will win this game. HOWEVER, I don't think it is a must win either. We can finish 10-6 and be 3-3 in the division and be 8-4 in the conference which would be Dallas given they lose to the Giants and Pittsburgh. Heck, Dallas may even lose to the Eagles and Ravens. I don't think Atlanta will be able to finish the season as strong given they play their division

Agree 100%. This game is pivotal. Even though the Skins seem to have an easy time of it the last 3 weeks, got to start building some momentum this week. There's always the possibility that a game could be dropped in the last few weeks against the Eagles for instance. Outside looking in at the moment. Something has to be done about the O-line, they appeared to be done in the Giants game.

Sorry but with the way we have been playing, there is no "easy time of it" whatsoever. Based on how the skins can't score points and can barely stop teams running on the outside, i doubt very seriously that we will beat the Ravens.

In fact, and others have stated this...there is doubt that we will win another game the rest of the 4 games. I'm still a true and loyal fan of the skins, but I also have doubts about us winning another game much less making it to the playoffs. Zorn and the gang have ALOT of work to do this offseason, and this will refine him as our head coach to see what he does. Let's hope he makes the right plays.

Sorry but with the way we have been playing, there is no "easy time of it" whatsoever.

Agreed. The Skins lost at home to the 2-10 Rams. It took a last minute fumble recovery to seal the win against 0-12 Detroit. To say any games will be EASY for this team is wishful thinking.

All games from here on out are "must wins" if you are talking about making the playoffs.

sure we could go 3-1 and end up 10-6 and MAYBE make it in with a lot of help. The pukes would have to go 2-2 or worse with the 2 loses coming against the giants and eagles, and we would need help from the Bucs/Panthers going no better than 1-3 AND the Falcons going 2-2 at best.

Playoffs are a long shot for this team, and I dont think a push just to make it in will help this team in the long run.

This team and Jim Zorn are not ready to make it to the superbowl, the fact that we are even talking about the playoffs with a rookie HC and new offense to me is a success. I figured he would go 7-9 at best and would have been happy with it as long as JC showed some improvement.

My "realistic" goals for this team used to be next year making the playoffs, maybe winning a round, then in 2010 competing for the division title and a longer playoff run and a superbowl berth in 2011 at the earliest. I have had to revise my expectations given the state of the O line, which could lose some key members between now and 2011.

I actually only think this is a must win if Dallas somehow beats Pittsburgh. Hopefully Atlanta loses too.

We can lose Sunday and still realistically win the last 3. We need to finish ahead of Dallas and I see them going 10-6 (losing to Pitt and NYG). I think one of the NFC South teams (likely Atlanta) will finish 10-6 as well, and we'd tiebreak over them.

It would be a nice plus to win, but again, unless Dallas wins and we lose, I don't think it kills us.

The good thing for us is that we have Cincy and San Fran (albeit on the road) and the home game with Philly on the 21st.

fixt.

NFL doesn't play on Tuesdays.:silly:

Anyhoo, I'm going to the game and cheering my arse off regardless of where we stand in the playoff hunt. :eaglesuck

Also, it's not a must win. We would just neeed a helluva lot of help to get into the playoffs.

In fact it's the least important game we have left.

I just dont see the Ravens manhandling our defense like everybody is trying to make out. This is going to be a close one that I see the Skins pulling out in the end. I will be there live and in effect and therefore I am saying:

Redskins 20

Ravens 14

For some odd reason, this 9th home game will give us some sort of a push to the second season. We are 4-1 on the road this year.

Hail!!

I just dont see the Ravens manhandling our defense like everybody is trying to make out. This is going to be a close one that I see the Skins pulling out in the end. I will be there live and in effect and therefore I am saying:

Redskins 20

Ravens 14

For some odd reason, this 9th home game will give us some sort of a push to the second season. We are 4-1 on the road this year.

Hail!!

Sure hope your right Misterw.

It's not so much the Ravens O I'm concerned about as our anaemic O against their D.

But I'm with you on a tight game. I'll be screaming loud at the TV, but at the minute, that's more in hope than expectation.

Sure hope your right.

Hail.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think we will win this game. HOWEVER, I don't think it is a must win either. We can finish 10-6 and be 3-3 in the division and be 8-4 in the conference which would be Dallas given they lose to the Giants and Pittsburgh. Heck, Dallas may even lose to the Eagles and Ravens. I don't think Atlanta will be able to finish the season as strong given they play their division

This is like everyone saying the Chargers are still in it every week, but they fail to win a single game. I doubt the Skins win this game, but it would be great if they did. And, they have to play better then the last 3 games to have any chance of making the playoffs. They maybe done, but hoping they can play better.

Redskins 20

Ravens 14

Hail!!

It's been awhile since the Skins scored 20 points. As I said there is going to have to be a vast improvement on the offense.

what do u mean trying to make the playoffs? we're in it already. For once i'd like to make December a month not to worry about post season berths and worry more about seeding for the playoffs. **good grief**

Ummm, we are actually 1 game behind for the Wildcard. Wake up and smell the lack of a postseason. Too bad we can't just have another disaster season like 3-13 so we can ruin another top 5 pick.

Archived