Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Have a Feeling We Will Bring the Wildcat Out

Chiefinonhaze

The West Coast Offense disciples are pretty strict w/ respect to their offense and deviations there to. You never really see a WCO guy get away from it and run something different or anything that strays far from their offense.

They really seem to have a lack of flexibility about them.

Have any of the WCO coaches (e.g. Holmgram, Gruden, Shannahan, Reid, Childress etc.)? I don't think so, and I doubut it. Zorn, despite not playing in a WCO, seems as wed to it as any of them.

No chance.

That would require adding things to the playbook.....learning new things.

Zorn has already announced his attention to dumb down the playbook until he is sure that we have digested everything up to date.

Our offensive playbook is going to look like the tecmo superbowl playbook...lol

But yea I dont see us putting anything innovative in either. There is always the chance that Zorn was just putting up a front for the media but I doubt it.

I'm not sure were you are getting a gut feeling. Its sounds more like you are stating that you think it would be a good time to use it and we have the personnel etc. But outside of that, Zorn hasn't mentioned anything or done anything other than ARE's standard fake reverse pass.

I agree that he should consider using it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not sure were you are getting a gut feeling. Its sounds more like you are stating that you think it would be a good time to use it and we have the personnel etc. But outside of that, Zorn hasn't mentioned anything or done anything other than ARE's standard fake reverse pass.

I agree that he should consider using it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I get the feeling because of offense has become so stagnant, I think Zorn might try something different.

The players are perfectly capable of running the offense for a few plays. You have to understand that they aren't going to run wildcat for an entire series. It's just a gadget play that can be used in certain situations. Personally I think that if the skins EVER manage to get in the red zone they should try it. Anything new to score pts.

But I don't know if the Ravens will allow this horrible offense to get past the 50.

Exactly. We can use it in the redzone. Why the **** not? We obviously NEVER score touchdowns when we are in the Red Zone. Why not try a gadget play that has worked all year? There are about 10 or more teams already using it. By the offseason, I think there will be even more using it occasionally.

Besides, it doesn't hurt to try new things. Whats the worst that can happen? It doesn't work? Neither do a lot of our offensive plays. This simple formation might give us a spark.

Archived