Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Have a Feeling We Will Bring the Wildcat Out

Chiefinonhaze

It's just a gut feeling. What better a time to bring it out than now? The offense is stagnant. We have a wide reciever who can run and pass. If need be we can use Portis as well in the wildcat. The Ravens will NOT be expecting wildcat from us. They would be stunned if we brought it out. Our offensive players suit the wildcat offense better than any other team in the league. The Ravens do have Troy Smith, but he is not as much of a threat as Randel el to run. :dallasuck

The Ravens completley shut down the "Wildcat" when the Dolphins used it against them. I doubt we could get it work since we have never used it in a game.

But they prepared for it all week, because they knew the Dolphins were going to use it. Its a completely different scheme to defend. Zorn even said in a PC he was anxious to learn the wildcat.

The Ravens completley shut down the "Wildcat" when the Dolphins used it against them. I doubt we could get it work since we have never used it in a game.

but they expected and game planned for it. It would be a complete surprise coming from us.

with the way our offense has been playing, it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

It would be a surprise and might work the first few times, but they would know how to react after they saw it a few times. If Zorn is trying to simplify the offense, I don't think the wildcat is the way to go right now.

Im gonna be honest and say...we don't need to simplify anything about our offense. I think next to pee wee football, we may own the 'most simple' offense in the league right now!

It's like watching my son play madden...on rookie!!! P-R-E-D-I-C-T-A-B-L-E!!!

I agree that its too late for the wildcat. If we were going to use it, why would we wait until the final 4 games to start working on it? At this point we know what works and what doesn't and we need to go back to running the ball and setting up play action. I agree that our offense couldn't get much simpiler but Zorn said he was going to try and simplify it in order to get Campbell into a rythm.

The fomation is not as complicated as you guys make it out to be. It would not be hard to install it at all! It is basically a variation of the shotgun formation. It would be the same as adding another package. lol some of you guys act like its a whole different offense. Realize, it is not another "offense". Its simply a different package of the shotgun formation.

The Wildcat formation has already peaked and probably won't be used by many during the rest of the season. I do think we need to run more plays that get the ball in the hands of playmakers whether that is through reverses,options,etc. I'm not a big fan of a gimimicky offense but if that's what it takes to get the ball into our playmakers' hands, so be it. I just want Thomas, Santana, and Kelly to each touch the ball a few times Sunday. Is that too much to ask?

honestly no matter what we do as a offense it always seems to come back to defenses defending this team the same way they have for the past 4 seasons.

1. Contain Clinton Portis on first down with the possibility of the PA screen to Cooley or Sellars and the last 7 games it has always been run to jansens and thomas side.

2. Double or Bracket Moss on second down and if you have a good enough corner press at the line to help against the bubble screens

3. Double or Bracket Cooley and focus more on the underneath 5-10 yard routes especially on bootlegs, Campbell rarley ever tries to go to Cooley down the seams to hit soft spots in cover 2 except for the cardinals game.

I still think that even with CP, Tana, and Cooley as the main targets that the offense should be very successful but Campbell for some reason either doesn't have the touch to hurt defenses by dropping balls in over LBS and before Safeties or comes off those routes to quick. If anyone remembers the giant game 2 seasons ago when Campbell came out after halftime and just let it rip in the second half he displayed all kinds of touch throws that i have not seen from him since and its a mystery now he just rifles the ball in there all the time and some of that is he doesn't trust himself and the wrs and doesn't throw till they have made there break and tries to make up for being late throwing the ball with velocity which leads to dropped balls cause the timing is all off.

The wildcat formation will improve none of the above issues and it is not as easy as just installing another package.

The Wildcat formation has already peaked and probably won't be used by many during the rest of the season. I do think we need to run more plays that get the ball in the hands of playmakers whether that is through reverses,options,etc. I'm not a big fan of a gimimicky offense but if that's what it takes to get the ball into our playmakers' hands, so be it. I just want Thomas, Santana, and Kelly to each touch the ball a few times Sunday. Is that too much to ask?

We have the best players for the wildcat formation. Imagine Portis, Thomas, Randel el, Moss, and Kelly and any player can get the ball. We have much better players for the offense than the Ravens and Miami do. We could make it work.

It's just a gut feeling. What better a time to bring it out than now? The offense is stagnant. We have a wide reciever who can run and pass. If need be we can use Portis as well in the wildcat. The Ravens will NOT be expecting wildcat from us. They would be stunned if we brought it out. Our offensive players suit the wildcat offense better than any other team in the league. The Ravens do have Troy Smith, but he is not as much of a threat as Randel el to run. :dallasuck

We don't need know gimmick offense.......we just need to get back to lining up and smacking someone in the mouth, winning the one on one battles, and putting up some points again. Simple game.....it needs to be played with emotion, a physical aspect and the knowledge to run 10-20 core plays well.

Archived