Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring Backs Some of Gibbs's Methods

method man

Zorn just needs to look at tape from last year to see how to win with this current team.

Only rarely have I seen Lorenzo Alexander as the tackle-eligible guy. The one time I noticed it, they tried passing to him. No way. Use him as an extra pass protector and an extra brute to help out the running game. I'd rather have this guy as a blocker on the field over Yoder. Jansen blows so put Alexander on his side to help him out with pressure.

What happened to passing to the backs? Portis had 47 catches this year. He has only 23 so far this year. When the running game is not working, you have to take the running game to the passing game. Throwing Portis checkdowns gets Portis out in space and gives him the chance to pick up yards.

At this point, max protect may not be a bad idea. The receivers can't get separation anyway. Especially against the Ravens, with McAllister on IR, I might just take my chances with Moss going against Fab Washington and a safety on one side and ARE on Rolle on the other side.

Im very anxious to see how this team performs in December. Gibbs 2.0 trademark was winning big games in December. Even his first year back I remember they finished up pretty strong. We all know what happened in 2005 and 2007. If we play like crap in December, can we attribute our past succsess in December all to Gibbs?? What say you?

If we play like crap in December, can we attribute our past succsess in December all to Gibbs?? What say you?

Our first December run was all Portis and the defense. Our passing game was spectacularly inept.

Our second December run was all Collins.

Hopefully our third run will be JC and the rookie receivers stepping up.

Archived