Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we looking at a Giants dynasty?

Toe Jam

I'm a Giants fan... please stop the crazy talk.

I will say this however, I really feel this current Giants team won a Super Bowl early last year, we are young almost across the board. This team has a great shot at being serious Super Bowl contenders for the next 5-6 years. We draft extremely well, we're loaded with picks this year, most of our key guys are locked up long term, or will be shortly. We have our franchise QB. I like our chances at remaining very competitive for a while.

I'm a Giants fan... please stop the crazy talk.

I will say this however, I really feel this current Giants team won a Super Bowl early last year, we are young almost across the board. This team has a great shot at being serious Super Bowl contenders for the next 5-6 years. We draft extremely well, we're loaded with picks this year, most of our key guys are locked up long term, or will be shortly. We have our franchise QB. I like our chances at remaining very competitive for a while.

Seriously I am just so jealous right now.

Seriously I am just so jealous right now.

We seemed to be on the right track ourselves until we traded for Jason Taylor. Hopefully we will unload some players and just sign some second and third tier players to fill the roster. Then stick to the draft. We seem to get lucky with our late picks recently lets just trade down as far as we can.

Throw in the fact the Giants will get a 2nd round pick and a 7th for shockey in this upcoming draft.........the 2nd rounder also is upgraded to a 2010 First round pick if Vilma plays something like 75% of the snaps & is re-signed by the Saints to a new contract, then the Saints have to send the Jets the 2009 2nd rounder and the Giants get the Saints 2010 first round pick.

But the word out of New Orleans is that the Saints wont re-sign vilma so the Giants will have their regular first round pick and 2 - 2nd rounders. Good news for them in terms of building depth even farther....

Even scarier if you look at it this way: They go ahead and waive Plaxico because of his problems.. Ridding them of their final cancerous player, ...

going ahead and trading their 1st and 2nd round picks to move up and draft Michael Crabtree to replace Plax - ugh :doh:

Throw in the fact the Giants will get a 2nd round pick and a 7th for shockey in this upcoming draft.........the 2nd rounder also is upgraded to a 2010 First round pick if Vilma plays something like 75% of the snaps & is re-signed by the Saints to a new contract, then the Saints have to send the Jets the 2009 2nd rounder and the Giants get the Saints 2010 first round pick.

But the word out of New Orleans is that the Saints wont re-sign vilma so the Giants will have their regular first round pick and 2 - 2nd rounders. Good news for them in terms of building depth even farther....

Even scarier if you look at it this way: They go ahead and waive Plaxico because of his problems.. Ridding them of their final cancerous player, ...

going ahead and trading their 1st and 2nd round picks to move up and draft Michael Crabtree to replace Plax - ugh :doh:

2nd & a 5th if im not mistaken....

As efficiently as this franchise is run, I think we could end up witnessing the birth of a new dynasty in the New York Giants. This team really has zero glaring weaknesses. Not one! It's like one those damned frustrating water snake toys I used to play with as a kid. You grab it one way, it slips out the opposite end. You grab it that way, it slips out another way.

I really can't think of a single team that can beat them.

Yeah-you talk about a nightmare season for the Saints. Even though they had to do so by making trades and giving up draft picks, it really did seem like this team was LOADED this season. Shockey giving Brees yet another weapon to their arsenal, INCLUDING run blocking for Bush. Getting a bona-fide MLB to QB their D, which was a HUGE upgrade over Mark "I can't shed blocks" Simoneau. The drafting of Sedrick Ellis to man the middle of the DL. A FA pass rushing acquisition in Bobby McCray. Etc, etc.

Next thing we know, they're in last place in their division. Just goes to show that investing heavily in the draft and in-home growing your players is probably the best route. I know this is a copy cat league, but going this route is easier said than done.

way premature. they haven't even clinched the division yet....

Who has? and I don't mean in the nfl this year. I mean in any major pro sport once the season is 75% completed. I know it's happened, but when it does it's more a testament to a bad division then a great team. The fact that the Giants have great division locked up (although not mathematically clinched) this early speaks to how good of a team they are.

To me all indications point to yes, and the main factor I am basing this on is that they are the first team since the Patriots dynasty that seems to be able to plug any player on their team into the game in critical situations and they produce.

Hell, we have two top prospects on our team(three actually) and one can't stay healthy, and one just scored his FIRST TD of the season, yet the Giants plug in no-name #1 and #2 and they are getting open against what I would consider a pretty good Redskins secondary.

;5881497']Dynasty? Come on now. Any talk like that is a very long way off. Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward are free agents. Let's see if they resign one forget about two of them. Oh' date=' and I would think they will be looking for a WR too. :doh:[/quote']

That's the downside of FA:doh:. Certainly the Gmen will sign Jacobs and replace Ward.

And you know Hedge**** is going to want some coin, too. Might not be a bad idea look how horrible the Chargers run game is without Neal.

You know, I believe there was a thread like this about the pukes at this time last year.

Yeah, I remember, they 'have a young team', and 'extra draft picks in 2008', and of course, they had time to rest their players before the first playoff game.

How'd that turn out?

You know, I believe there was a thread like this about the pukes at this time last year.

Yeah, I remember, they 'have a young team', and 'extra draft picks in 2008', and of course, they had time to rest their players before the first playoff game.

How'd that turn out?

The difference being the Giants did win the Super Bowl last year. So IMO they are not overrated.

Archived