Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plax OUT Sunday...(Merged)

Skinz248

i am more concerned about the OL being able to open up holes for CP and Betts as well as protecting JC from all the pressures the Giants will put on him...that's the #1 priority rather than who's not playing for the Giants...as i recall, we only gave up 16 points and shut them out in the 2nd half in the 1st game so our D played them really well

you can say it's great.. but if we win.. all we will hear after the game is "but.. Plaxico... but Plaxico....... without Plaxico..... no Burress..... etc.. etc... etc... etc.. etc.."

Hmm the cowpokes didn't listen to any but Portis was/is hurt, Springs didn't play Montgomery is out,Marcus Washington is out etc etc etc so what is your point?

We are supposed to treat it as a hollow victory when other teams wouldn't?

Get Real

i am more concerned about the OL being able to open up holes for CP and Betts as well as protecting JC from all the pressures the Giants will put on him...that's the #1 priority rather than who's not playing for the Giants...as i recall, we only gave up 16 points and shut them out in the 2nd half in the 1st game so our D played them really well

I expect a good defensive game, I hear Portis has a nagging injury. It could be a long, slow, and low point game. Add if the weather for Sunday is any indication.. we could see scores in the lower teens.

The team with the better run game will win, if the Skins can't run the ball.

The Giants win the game.

I expect these kinds of posts from teenagers.

God forbid people have a greater appreciation for the sport of football and the NFL.... and have the ability to assess the strengths and weakness of ALL the NFL teams.... and wish to discuss it. Even possibly acknowledging that their favorite football team doesn't match up against an opponent well.... or didn't play particularly well... or could improve in some areas.

Nah, let's just put on our dresses and shake our pom-poms, yell "GO TEAM GO" and keep a permanent stupid smile on our faces. :rolleyes:

Because your a "FOOTBALL FAN" not a "REDSKIN FAN" your the kind that has 32 different jerseys in your closet and just put's on the winner from that week. Be a sport's fan dude, but don't call yourself a "REDSKIN FAN" I think you would be the kind to wear a "DRESS" The Redskins "DO MATCH UP WELL" not only that the SKINS WILL WIN Sunday! but you just keep wearing that dress dude!!!!

you can say it's great.. but if we win.. all we will hear after the game is "but.. Plaxico... but Plaxico....... without Plaxico..... no Burress..... etc.. etc... etc... etc.. etc.."

Nah. The two games Burress has not played this year the Giants have scored 44 and 37 points. They are more than capable of putting up points without Plax. Now, if Jacobs doesn't play, I make no guarantees about not whining. :D

its because Eli is better when he makes the reads then the throws. instead of having someone yapping to him before the play that he will be open. Eli is dangerous, he knows how to distribute the ball too effectively. Eli will put up a lot of points against the skins this game i predict, regardless of the past, which some people here seem to take too much stock in.

i dont know if someone has this thread, but plaxico is out, which should take a load off the secondary and we can focus on shutting the run down.

its not like the guy who is replacing him is a some bum... Hixon has the potential to be a VERY good receiver giving the opportunities...

and he has made the most of them when he got them....

This is good news. However, the three tailbacks are still playing so it will be a battle.

Nope Bradshaw is questionable too as is Jacobs. Both aren't 100% either.

So Ward is their only healthy back. Hopefully we have a solid gameplan to shut down the run though still b/c he could torch us.

We just need to pressure Eli. Make him force some throws. That's when we take advantage.

Plaxico being out helps our secondary, but I'm more concerned about us being able to pressure Eli enough. If we don't consistently pressure him and make him uncomfortable, we're going to be seeing Toomer or Smith or Hixon or even little Moss burning the hell out of us on Sunday. And that's a tall order, considering how well that offensive line is playing.

Plus, I'm really really considered with how our offensive line is going to handle the Giants offensive line ... I hope Zorn and Buges have managed to come up with SOMETHING to counteract that pass rush. :doh:

I expect these kinds of posts from teenagers.

God forbid people have a greater appreciation for the sport of football and the NFL.... and have the ability to assess the strengths and weakness of ALL the NFL teams.... and wish to discuss it. Even possibly acknowledging that their favorite football team doesn't match up against an opponent well.... or didn't play particularly well... or could improve in some areas.

Nah, let's just put on our dresses and shake our pom-poms, yell "GO TEAM GO" and keep a permanent stupid smile on our faces. :rolleyes:

Well said!:cool:

Jacobs may not go. He's not known for playing through pain like CP. Coughlin might sit him for the good of the rest of their schedule because they still have to play Philly and Dallas in the next two weeks. It could potentially destroy the Giants' offensive gameplan to have him go down in a bad weather game with little over a month left in the regular season. It's not like we can't tackle Brandon Jacobs...it's actually not terribly difficult if our line gets penetration before he builds up a head of steam. Granted, it gets more difficult as the week wears on.

Overall, we are just a beat better than we were the first week of the season because Zorn's gotten his feet under him a bit more as a head coach (I think he's done better than anyone really expected, by the way).

Archived