Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Judge jails man for not sitting fast enough

footballhenry

This video is insane. This Judge jails Ian Freeman, a radio host, for not sitting fast enough in court. If you notice, he starts to sit but then his name is called and so he remains standing. The Judge then begins screaming at him to sit down and tells the police to take him into custody. He's now allegedly set to be incarcerated for 90 days (thankfully they released him and suspended his sentence). Seriously, what is wrong with people?? How can this Judge get away with such an obvious abuse of power?:doh:

If you follow the link in the comment they say he's been released.

But from what I've read there is all sorts of nonsense going on here from the court room staff and some people in that building need to be held accountable.

Oh, I definitely hope he has been released. It's extremely fishy that he was jailed so quickly in the first place.

I acually play raquetball with a superior court judge and he's the complete opposite.

I've heard in court he's a complete A-hole, yet on the court he's as timid as can be.

Some lawyer friends have said that as soon as he puts on the robe, he transforms.

pleasant guy, but you can tell that he knows he's a judge, ie has power and acts accordingly.

I'm guessing there is more to that situation. A LOT more.

Judges don't generally throw around the contempt citations without cause, in my experience. People who get held for contempt always claim the judge was unreasonable. But then I go look at the record and learn that the litigant was being a complete ******* and had a million chances to straighten up before the judge finally cracked down.

I'm guessing there is more to that situation. A LOT more.

Judges don't generally throw around the contempt citations without cause, in my experience. People who get held for contempt always claim the judge was unreasonable. But then I go look at the record and learn that the litigant was being a complete ******* and had a million chances to straighten up before the judge finally cracked down.

Maybe, maybe not. The footage starts with everyone standing when the Judge enters so I'm not sure what exactly could've preceded this interaction. Also, even if there were things going on behind the scenes (i.e. phone arguments, etc.) the action scene in the video hardly constitutes the abuse of power witnessed. Interesting that some (not say you are specifically, but just in general) will always give the benefit of the doubt to authority no matter how much they may abuse their power.

Interesting that some (not say you are specifically, but just in general) will always give the benefit of the doubt to authority no matter how much they may abuse their power.

Also interesintg that some (not saying you are specifically, but just in general) will always condemn the authority especially when all the information is not known.

Interesting that some (not say you are specifically, but just in general) will always give the benefit of the doubt to authority no matter how much they may abuse their power.

Yeah, that's me all right. Always on the side of the government.

All I said was that there may be more to this story. You, of all people, should have learned that lesson by now.

Archived